My wife and I are taking a quick 4 day trip to Ireland in July. We're quick travelers, love driving around, getting lost and exploring places independently. We are avoiding spending all of our time in the Ring of Kerry and instead looking for some slightly less crowded/touristy areas.
Our plan is as follows...I'd love some feedback. Specifically, does it make more sense to do swap Dingle and Kinsale so our drive back to Dublin on Sunday is shorter? Any recommendations for off the beaten path things to do or can't miss places in these areas?
Thursday Morning - Land in Dublin, pick up rental car, spend leisurely day driving down the south coast to Kinsale. See Glendalough Ruins, Wicklow Mountains, Stay Thursday night in Kinsale.
Friday - Explore the Beara Peninsula, maybe a little bit of the Ring of Kerry. Stay Friday night in Kenmare.
Saturday - Explore Dingle Peninsula, Stay Saturday night in Dingle (Pax Guesthouse has been highly recommended).
Sunday - Wake up early, drive from Dingle back to Dublin for 4PM flight.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Planning A trip
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Checking accounts in Europe
- 10 Accountant in Slovenia
- 11 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 12 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 16 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 17 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 24 Long weekend in Albania
- 25 car rental