My wife and I are taking a quick 4 day trip to Ireland in July. We're quick travelers, love driving around, getting lost and exploring places independently. We are avoiding spending all of our time in the Ring of Kerry and instead looking for some slightly less crowded/touristy areas.
Our plan is as follows...I'd love some feedback. Specifically, does it make more sense to do swap Dingle and Kinsale so our drive back to Dublin on Sunday is shorter? Any recommendations for off the beaten path things to do or can't miss places in these areas?
Thursday Morning - Land in Dublin, pick up rental car, spend leisurely day driving down the south coast to Kinsale. See Glendalough Ruins, Wicklow Mountains, Stay Thursday night in Kinsale.
Friday - Explore the Beara Peninsula, maybe a little bit of the Ring of Kerry. Stay Friday night in Kenmare.
Saturday - Explore Dingle Peninsula, Stay Saturday night in Dingle (Pax Guesthouse has been highly recommended).
Sunday - Wake up early, drive from Dingle back to Dublin for 4PM flight.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 2 Months in Sicily
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Azores
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 Sundays in Puglia
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Prague
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 What tips can you give about packing?
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 22 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 23 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 24 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 25 Greek Islands (small)