My wife and I are taking a quick 4 day trip to Ireland in July. We're quick travelers, love driving around, getting lost and exploring places independently. We are avoiding spending all of our time in the Ring of Kerry and instead looking for some slightly less crowded/touristy areas.
Our plan is as follows...I'd love some feedback. Specifically, does it make more sense to do swap Dingle and Kinsale so our drive back to Dublin on Sunday is shorter? Any recommendations for off the beaten path things to do or can't miss places in these areas?
Thursday Morning - Land in Dublin, pick up rental car, spend leisurely day driving down the south coast to Kinsale. See Glendalough Ruins, Wicklow Mountains, Stay Thursday night in Kinsale.
Friday - Explore the Beara Peninsula, maybe a little bit of the Ring of Kerry. Stay Friday night in Kenmare.
Saturday - Explore Dingle Peninsula, Stay Saturday night in Dingle (Pax Guesthouse has been highly recommended).
Sunday - Wake up early, drive from Dingle back to Dublin for 4PM flight.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 4 Croatia transportation question.
- 5 Cutback on Spain trip
- 6 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 where to stay in London?
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 11 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 12 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 13 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 16 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 19 driving from ancona to rome
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 22 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 25 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help