My husband and I are starting to dip our toes in the water of planning our kids' (they are currently 3.5 and 8.5, and will be 5 & 10 at the time of travel) first trip to Europe. They have previously traveled to the UK at ages 1 & 6, but that was mainly for a funeral. I'm calling this their first trip as it's the first one both will remember.
We are open to anything, but would prefer not to repeat just a UK itinerary. DH & I (as well as my parents who may travel with us) have traveled to Europe before. In fact, we went to Italy earlier this year and received some great advice on these forums!
My kids are good travelers. They are great on airplanes/trains/cars. They are typically pretty adventurous eaters. They both like learning about cultures, languages, and other countries.
For their first trip, I'm thinking no more than 10-12 nights. I think we'd be best to only change locations about 3 times (4 at the absolute most).
Where would you go? How long would you stay? We have thought about and talked about Iceland, Italy, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland.. on and on.
I'd be grateful for any advice you have. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 2 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary
- 4 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 5 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 6 2 Days in Istanbul
- 7 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 8 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 9 Dreaming of a hiking trip for 2016
- 10 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 11 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 12 Small-group day tours from London?
- 13 Journees du Patrimoine
- 14 Segovia Hotel
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 17 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 18 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 19 Best location to stay in Seville
- 20 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 21 Sacred Christian Places in Athens
- 22 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 23 Advise
- 24 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 25 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich