My husband and I are starting to dip our toes in the water of planning our kids' (they are currently 3.5 and 8.5, and will be 5 & 10 at the time of travel) first trip to Europe. They have previously traveled to the UK at ages 1 & 6, but that was mainly for a funeral. I'm calling this their first trip as it's the first one both will remember.
We are open to anything, but would prefer not to repeat just a UK itinerary. DH & I (as well as my parents who may travel with us) have traveled to Europe before. In fact, we went to Italy earlier this year and received some great advice on these forums!
My kids are good travelers. They are great on airplanes/trains/cars. They are typically pretty adventurous eaters. They both like learning about cultures, languages, and other countries.
For their first trip, I'm thinking no more than 10-12 nights. I think we'd be best to only change locations about 3 times (4 at the absolute most).
Where would you go? How long would you stay? We have thought about and talked about Iceland, Italy, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland.. on and on.
I'd be grateful for any advice you have. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 2 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 3 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 4 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 5 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 6 Uffizi Phone Number
- 7 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 14 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 17 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 20 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 21 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 24 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 25 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?