I'll be flying with my kids, ages 8 and 11, to Europe very soon. In the past our overnight flights to Europe have been at natural bedtimes (leaving East Coast after 8 or so), so my kids have been able to sleep on the flight over without the help of any otc drugs or herbs. However this time we leave Toronto at 4:30 and arrive in Germany at 6:05 the next morning. It's certainly not normal for my kids to go to sleep at 6ish or so, and arriving so early will be a new adventure as well. I know we'll all be a mess the next day and I'm fine with that, but I really want my kids to get some sleep on this flight. I personally use melatonin with no problems, but I know there have been studies saying kids should not use it, but from what I've read that seems to be a directive not to use it long term. I also have that No Jet Lag remedy, but I've never used it. What are your thoughts (based on experience??) about melatonin, No Jet Lag, good ole Benadryl or Dramamine?? Or do we just suck it up and hope for the best??
Also, given the extra early arrival time, should we just head out and get used to the day (which is what I would normally do arriving a little later), or catch an hour or two of sleep upon arrival and then adjust to the new time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 2 3 weeks in Spain
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 5 Rent a car in England
- 6 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 7 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 8 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 9 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 10 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 18 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Edinburgh to Skye
- 21 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 22 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 23 Croatia transportation question.
- 24 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 25 Surprise trip to Greece!