I'll be flying with my kids, ages 8 and 11, to Europe very soon. In the past our overnight flights to Europe have been at natural bedtimes (leaving East Coast after 8 or so), so my kids have been able to sleep on the flight over without the help of any otc drugs or herbs. However this time we leave Toronto at 4:30 and arrive in Germany at 6:05 the next morning. It's certainly not normal for my kids to go to sleep at 6ish or so, and arriving so early will be a new adventure as well. I know we'll all be a mess the next day and I'm fine with that, but I really want my kids to get some sleep on this flight. I personally use melatonin with no problems, but I know there have been studies saying kids should not use it, but from what I've read that seems to be a directive not to use it long term. I also have that No Jet Lag remedy, but I've never used it. What are your thoughts (based on experience??) about melatonin, No Jet Lag, good ole Benadryl or Dramamine?? Or do we just suck it up and hope for the best??
Also, given the extra early arrival time, should we just head out and get used to the day (which is what I would normally do arriving a little later), or catch an hour or two of sleep upon arrival and then adjust to the new time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 November in Rome
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Germany or Sweden
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 9 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 10 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Rome -- The next time around
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 London vacation rental agency
- 16 Alitala
- 17 Transport for local Venice travel
- 18 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 19 Campania in June, July, September
- 20 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 21 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 24 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa