I'll be flying with my kids, ages 8 and 11, to Europe very soon. In the past our overnight flights to Europe have been at natural bedtimes (leaving East Coast after 8 or so), so my kids have been able to sleep on the flight over without the help of any otc drugs or herbs. However this time we leave Toronto at 4:30 and arrive in Germany at 6:05 the next morning. It's certainly not normal for my kids to go to sleep at 6ish or so, and arriving so early will be a new adventure as well. I know we'll all be a mess the next day and I'm fine with that, but I really want my kids to get some sleep on this flight. I personally use melatonin with no problems, but I know there have been studies saying kids should not use it, but from what I've read that seems to be a directive not to use it long term. I also have that No Jet Lag remedy, but I've never used it. What are your thoughts (based on experience??) about melatonin, No Jet Lag, good ole Benadryl or Dramamine?? Or do we just suck it up and hope for the best??
Also, given the extra early arrival time, should we just head out and get used to the day (which is what I would normally do arriving a little later), or catch an hour or two of sleep upon arrival and then adjust to the new time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 제주신라카지노＼✡™【 UUX74.ZE.AM 】™✡／제주신라카지노
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 1 month in Europe
- 5 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 6 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 9 Paris hotels
- 10 London Hotels
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 13 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 14 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 15 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 16 10 days in Paris and......
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 Iceland in 7 days.
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Luggage Storage
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt