I'd love to hear your suggestions for family-friendly day trips from Barcelona. We'll be there in February. Our girls will be 11 and 8yo. Medieval cities, history, castles, that kind of thing (rather than amusement parks, etc). Also, can anyone recommend an excellent tour company that facilitates day trips from Barc?
For some context, we are planning an 8-day trip to Spain in February. Thinking we will base ourselves in Barcelona. Considering taking a train to the Andalucia region and spending two or so days there. (I'd love to see the Alhambra.)
Does this sound like a good plan? I'll take any suggestions you want to offer. We've never been to Spain before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 8 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece
- 11 Italy for Christmas Week
- 12 A Month stay in Southern France
- 13 Shoes in Scotland
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 16 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 17 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 18 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 19 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 restaurants in Marais district
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 25 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?