I'd love to hear your suggestions for family-friendly day trips from Barcelona. We'll be there in February. Our girls will be 11 and 8yo. Medieval cities, history, castles, that kind of thing (rather than amusement parks, etc). Also, can anyone recommend an excellent tour company that facilitates day trips from Barc?
For some context, we are planning an 8-day trip to Spain in February. Thinking we will base ourselves in Barcelona. Considering taking a train to the Andalucia region and spending two or so days there. (I'd love to see the Alhambra.)
Does this sound like a good plan? I'll take any suggestions you want to offer. We've never been to Spain before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice