I'd love to hear your suggestions for family-friendly day trips from Barcelona. We'll be there in February. Our girls will be 11 and 8yo. Medieval cities, history, castles, that kind of thing (rather than amusement parks, etc). Also, can anyone recommend an excellent tour company that facilitates day trips from Barc?
For some context, we are planning an 8-day trip to Spain in February. Thinking we will base ourselves in Barcelona. Considering taking a train to the Andalucia region and spending two or so days there. (I'd love to see the Alhambra.)
Does this sound like a good plan? I'll take any suggestions you want to offer. We've never been to Spain before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 First Trip to Paris
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Guide in Russia
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 10 Train travel
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 B&Bs in Ireland
- 13 travel fan 220v?
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik