My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 2 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 3 Is my plan ok
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 6 Portugal Trip
- 7 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 8 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 9 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 10 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 11 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 12 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 13 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 14 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 15 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Southern Spain
- 19 Reputable Tours
- 20 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Ideas for Spain in May
- 23 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 24 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 25 5 Observations About Paris