My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://quicksupplementfact.com/beard-czar/
- 2 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 3 sim card
- 4 Plan Italy trip
- 5 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 6 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 7 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 8 apartments florence
- 9 Cell phones in France and England
- 10 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 11 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 12 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 13 Florence, Italy
- 14 Italy trains question
- 15 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 16 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 17 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 18 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 19 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 20 FCO connection time
- 21 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 22 Slovania & Croatia
- 23 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 24 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 25 Train rides