My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 2 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 3 Outsourcing
- 4 Krakow to Prague CAR SERVICE
- 5 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 6 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 7 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Undisclsoed location
- 10 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 11 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 12 Rome to venice
- 13 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 14 Italy bus or train
- 15 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 16 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 17 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 20 Need help with my itinerary
- 21 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 22 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 23 Chamonix to Paris
- 24 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 25 Frustrated about Smolensk