My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 3 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 6 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 7 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 10 Europe in late January
- 11 Northern lights in December
- 12 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 13 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Puglia or La Langhe
- 16 First time in France
- 17 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 18 Munich
- 19 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 20 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 21 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 22 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 23 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 24 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 25 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016