My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 4 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 5 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 6 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 7 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 8 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 9 Loire Valley itinerary
- 10 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 11 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 12 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 13 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 14 Naxos hotel question
- 15 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 16 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 17 Poland Tour Group
- 18 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 19 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 20 Europe Itinerary
- 21 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 22 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 25 Italy: your favorite national park?