My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswold Churches
- 2 I dream of Europe
- 3 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 4 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 5 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 12 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 13 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 14 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 18 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 19 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 20 Ireland or Scotland
- 21 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 22 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 23 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 24 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two