My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 2 Help with Sapin and Portugal itinerary please
- 3 St. Petersburg: 5 days / Itineray questions
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 6 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 7 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 8 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 9 Swiss Pass upgrade for a route
- 10 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 11 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 14 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 15 Cordoba or Granada?
- 16 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 18 Geneva to Munich
- 19 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 20 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 21 Dachstien Ice Caves
- 22 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 23 Iceland itinerary help
- 24 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 25 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed