My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 2 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 3 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 4 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 5 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 6 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 7 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 8 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 9 100 years of French gratitude
- 10 Paris T A X I
- 11 Reasonable Hotels in Central London near the Underground
- 12 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 13 Portugal Itinerary for Late October
- 14 studying abroad, need advice on how to spend two month-long breaks
- 15 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 16 Venice, Florence, Rome post cruise visit
- 17 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 18 First Trip to Europe
- 19 Globus Tours
- 20 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 21 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 22 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 23 Central London Hotels
- 24 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 25 ACP Rail -- any info?