My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 2 at what point should one get health insurance
- 3 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 4 How many pairs of shoes would you bring for a EuroTrip?
- 5 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 6 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 7 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 8 Tipping in the UK
- 9 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 10 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 11 Lucerne Switzerland
- 12 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 13 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 14 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 15 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 16 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 17 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 18 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 19 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 20 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 21 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 22 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 23 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 24 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 25 2 weeks in Spain