My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 2 3 week trip with children
- 3 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 4 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 7 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 8 Things to do in Montpellier
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 11 Italy in 11 Days
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 French election
- 15 Leather goods in Florence
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Piedmont as a destination
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 20 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 21 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 22 Trip to Rome
- 23 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 24 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 25 Do I have time for the Appian Way?