My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi or Positano
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Holiday in Europe
- 4 2 weeks in Prague
- 5 student in denmark
- 6 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 7 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 8 Train from Lille to Delft
- 9 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 10 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 11 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 12 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 13 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 14 Hostel Advice
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 17 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 18 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Belgium advice
- 21 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 22 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 23 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 24 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 25 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon