My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 River Boat Cruise
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Croatia travel ideas
- 4 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 5 house exchange
- 6 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 7 Hotel advice
- 8 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 9 Taormina, Sicily
- 10 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 11 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 12 Munich, Germany
- 13 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 14 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 15 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 16 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 17 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 18 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 19 Recommendations needed for rentals in the Tuscan countryside
- 20 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 21 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 22 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 25 What to see in Dresden...