My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 4 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 5 More help with housing in Puglia
- 6 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 7 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 8 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 9 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 rent car / Munich
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 24 Channel Islands
- 25 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe