My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 2 Lost in venice
- 3 Interlaken, hotel and day hikes
- 4 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 5 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 6 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 7 Barcelona Itinerary
- 8 Bath or Exeter
- 9 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 10 Munich to Milan via train
- 11 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 12 Hotels in Barcelona
- 13 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 14 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 15 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 16 Self-driving in Iceland
- 17 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 18 Metro tickets in Paris
- 19 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 20 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 21 Peloponnese
- 22 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 23 short trip klon to koblenz
- 24 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 25 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?