My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 2 7 days in Greece
- 3 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 4 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 5 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 London hotel
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 13 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 16 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 17 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Prague - Tram #22
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 23 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside