My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 5 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Belgium
- 10 Navigo Decouverte
- 11 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 More help with housing in Puglia
- 14 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 15 days in Europe,
- 18 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 19 Madrid to Sevilla
- 20 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 21 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 22 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 23 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 24 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 25 Barcelona - Hotel Help