My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
- 1 Cyprus in December
- 2 Cyprus photo gallery
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 Favorite cities/towns in Cyprus?
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Which travel plan?
- 8 Florence in October
- 9 first european holiday itinery
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 13 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 18 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 24 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.