My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 2 What do after Bernia Express?
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 5 France, UK and Ireland
- 6 Lyon
- 7 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 8 French theater in Paris
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 11 Self drive tour companies
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Germany family road trip help!
- 14 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 15 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 16 Barcelona
- 17 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 18 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 19 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth