My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://boostupmuscles.com/Ion-z/
- 2 14 nights in Europe
- 3 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 4 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 5 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 6 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 7 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 8 What type of visa is right for me?
- 9 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 10 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 11 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 12 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 13 Munich
- 14 First time in France
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 19 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 Budapest Hotels
- 22 4 days in switzerland
- 23 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 24 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 25 Swiss Pass dilemma