My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 2 Safety concerns?
- 3 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Private transportation
- 6 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 7 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 8 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 9 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 10 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 11 Global Travel Warning...
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 15 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 16 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 17 Morning in paris
- 18 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Balkans Itinerary
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 25 Why Not Helsinki?