My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Prague flea markets
- 4 Tipping in Greece
- 5 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 6 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 7 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 8 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 9 Timing a river cruise
- 10 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 11 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 12 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 13 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 I need a haircut
- 18 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 19 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 20 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 21 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 22 Madrid apartments
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 25 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer