My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 2 Malaga Spain
- 3 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 4 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 7 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 8 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 9 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 10 Cartagena Spain
- 11 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 12 Ibiiza Spain
- 13 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 14 Iceland trip report!
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 Seville to Cordoba
- 17 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 22 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 23 ATM
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants