My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rental car in Menton
- 2 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 3 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 4 Barcelona and...
- 5 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 7 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 8 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 9 February in Florence
- 10 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 11 Praiana to Positano
- 12 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 Family vacation to europe
- 18 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 19 Day in Madrid
- 20 charming cities in Spain
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 24 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 25 Spain during Holy Week