My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Venice - trips
- 2 BUY REAL DATABASE REGISTERED AND FAKE PASSPORT, DL, ID, SSC, DIPLOMATS
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 Day trip on the Rhine
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 7 UK for 12 days !
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Munich with a car?
- 11 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 12 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 13 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 14 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 15 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 21 Germany-berlin marathon
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 museum passes in Rome
- 24 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!