My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip - 2 Weeks
- 2 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 3 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 4 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 5 1st time in Europe - need help
- 6 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 7 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 8 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 9 Barcelona Itinerary
- 10 train connections in the UK
- 11 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 12 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 13 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 14 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 15 Itinerary help for Italy!!
- 16 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 17 Advice---Milan Roadtrip to Barcelona
- 18 헬로카지노／／【ＡkＡ8８9。Ｃ0M】／／헬로카지노
- 19 Overnight in Obidos or Nazare?
- 20 Stonehenge from London: how to arrange private tour?
- 21 air conditioning
- 22 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 Cycling in France- North to South
- 25 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland