My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 4 Holiday in Austria
- 5 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 8 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 9 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 10 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 11 Paris Under Seige...
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 14 Retiring to Southern France
- 15 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 18 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 19 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 20 Brief trip report Naples
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 23 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 24 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 25 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy