My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 2 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 3 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 4 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 5 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 6 Relaxing destinations?
- 7 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 Valencia, Spain - A Study Abroad Experience
- 10 Help with a git in Alsace
- 11 Me, myself and Dordogne – 2 weeks in the Beautiful French Countryside
- 12 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 13 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 14 5 full days in Rome too much?
- 15 1 night in Split or Trogir
- 16 Rome and Venice in December
- 17 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 18 car rent in Italy - cost, excess, deposit
- 19 Planning trip to Spain in end of August
- 20 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 21 Pay for all of apartment in advance?
- 22 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 23 Switzerland in 8 days
- 24 One Unstructured Week in Paris...GO!
- 25 Lucerne vs. Cinque Terre