My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 2 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 3 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 6 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 7 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 8 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 9 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 10 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 11 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 12 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 13 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 14 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 15 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 16 Dordogne lodging
- 17 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 18 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 19 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 22 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 23 Dordogne markets
- 24 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 25 Turkey: 7 - 9 days