My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 2 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 3 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 4 biking tours in Italy?
- 5 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 6 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 7 French Basque region
- 8 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 11 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 12 Italy Countryside
- 13 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 14 VISA question
- 15 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 21 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 22 France,Spain,Italy
- 23 Scotland November 2015
- 24 Which european city?
- 25 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris