My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 3 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 8 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 9 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 10 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 11 Praiano
- 12 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 13 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 14 Ireland itinerary help please
- 15 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 16 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 17 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 18 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 19 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 20 Canal du Midi
- 21 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!