My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 2 I forgot my international driver permit
- 3 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 4 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 5 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 6 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 7 Rome Airport Question!
- 8 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 9 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 10 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 11 Prague old town
- 12 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 13 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 14 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 15 Ordering in a Deli
- 16 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 20 free days of Europe
- 19 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 20 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 21 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 22 International Friends Tour
- 23 Naples or Genoa
- 24 Walking Scotland
- 25 Help with itinerary