My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek ferries
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 4 german rail ticket question
- 5 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 6 Arc de Triumph Question
- 7 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 8 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 9 Prague flea markets
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 12 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 13 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 14 Fashion for larger man?
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 17 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 18 Monet in Normandy
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 21 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 22 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 23 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 100 Great things to do in Paris