My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 6 Rome to Venice
- 7 Alitala
- 8 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Whathello Paris
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 13 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 17 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 18 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 19 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 20 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Travel in Europe
- 23 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag