My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 4 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 5 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 6 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 9 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 14 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 15 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 16 Reims for a day
- 17 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 18 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 22 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 23 poland to switzerland
- 24 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 25 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?