My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 2 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 3 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Sicily Suggetions
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 11 Paris in April?
- 12 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 13 Three days in Spain
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Estonia Amber
- 21 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 22 Day trip on the Rhine
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Flam, Norway railway
- 25 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)