My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Keukenhof Gardens Logistics (from Amsterdam, no car)
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 4 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 5 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 6 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 9 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 10 Barcelona
- 11 Drive Rome Florence
- 12 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 13 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 14 Home base in Provence in July
- 15 Storage Madrid Airport
- 16 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 17 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 18 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 19 Tips and advice for first-timers to Europe
- 20 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 21 VISIT TO ANDALUCIA - SPAIN
- 22 Apartment in Seville
- 23 Booking flights to Istanbul on Turkish Air
- 24 Designer Deals in Barcelona and Venice
- 25 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places