This is not for me, but for my son who is 14 and a committed middle-distance runner.
Our 3-week trip to Europe slots in between his running events, and we return about 1 week before a significant competition. He'd like to maintain (within reason) his fitness level.
So I'm trying to organise our accommodation to give him access to safe and and handy places to run.
In London I've booked a place round the corner from Hyde Park. I hope this is a good choice.
In Paris we are staying in the Marais district. Would he be able to run along the banks of the Seine? Is this something he could do on his own? Find his way there in the morning, say?
In Switzerland we are staying in Grindelwald. I don't think he'll have trouble there. I'll just point to the nearest mountain and say, off you go! Or is there another option?
We then head to northern Italy, and I'm guessing he'll have to forget his training in Venice! Also going to Verona and Bergamo.
Thanks for any hints or tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 Campervan in Croatia
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 advance tickets?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 16 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 17 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich