This is not for me, but for my son who is 14 and a committed middle-distance runner.
Our 3-week trip to Europe slots in between his running events, and we return about 1 week before a significant competition. He'd like to maintain (within reason) his fitness level.
So I'm trying to organise our accommodation to give him access to safe and and handy places to run.
In London I've booked a place round the corner from Hyde Park. I hope this is a good choice.
In Paris we are staying in the Marais district. Would he be able to run along the banks of the Seine? Is this something he could do on his own? Find his way there in the morning, say?
In Switzerland we are staying in Grindelwald. I don't think he'll have trouble there. I'll just point to the nearest mountain and say, off you go! Or is there another option?
We then head to northern Italy, and I'm guessing he'll have to forget his training in Venice! Also going to Verona and Bergamo.
Thanks for any hints or tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 2 9 days in London
- 3 Lyon
- 4 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Santorini lodging
- 9 Milan private guide
- 10 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 13 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 14 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 15 Italian lakes
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 What do after Bernia Express?
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 22 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Germany family road trip help!
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones