This is not for me, but for my son who is 14 and a committed middle-distance runner.
Our 3-week trip to Europe slots in between his running events, and we return about 1 week before a significant competition. He'd like to maintain (within reason) his fitness level.
So I'm trying to organise our accommodation to give him access to safe and and handy places to run.
In London I've booked a place round the corner from Hyde Park. I hope this is a good choice.
In Paris we are staying in the Marais district. Would he be able to run along the banks of the Seine? Is this something he could do on his own? Find his way there in the morning, say?
In Switzerland we are staying in Grindelwald. I don't think he'll have trouble there. I'll just point to the nearest mountain and say, off you go! Or is there another option?
We then head to northern Italy, and I'm guessing he'll have to forget his training in Venice! Also going to Verona and Bergamo.
Thanks for any hints or tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Denmark or Sweden?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 Trek through Eur
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 London Hotels
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help