This is not for me, but for my son who is 14 and a committed middle-distance runner.
Our 3-week trip to Europe slots in between his running events, and we return about 1 week before a significant competition. He'd like to maintain (within reason) his fitness level.
So I'm trying to organise our accommodation to give him access to safe and and handy places to run.
In London I've booked a place round the corner from Hyde Park. I hope this is a good choice.
In Paris we are staying in the Marais district. Would he be able to run along the banks of the Seine? Is this something he could do on his own? Find his way there in the morning, say?
In Switzerland we are staying in Grindelwald. I don't think he'll have trouble there. I'll just point to the nearest mountain and say, off you go! Or is there another option?
We then head to northern Italy, and I'm guessing he'll have to forget his training in Venice! Also going to Verona and Bergamo.
Thanks for any hints or tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 3 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 9 Iceland rental camper company
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 southeast sicily town as home base
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 14 Chania
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 17 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 18 Spanish food - not that special?
- 19 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 20 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Booking Irish Rail ticket