I'm thinking about 2 weeks, middle of the summer 2015 with hub and 9 year old son. I've read about the highlights of Iceland (glaciers, hot springs, pretty scenery, etc), but don't really know much about it. I think we'd rent a car and explore. Any tips on stuff to see, places to go or an itinerary? Hub and I have traveled all over the world and we're introducing our son to the joys of travel while going places we haven't been before.
Just starting to ponder a family trip to Iceland...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 2 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 7 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 8 Ireland or Scotland
- 9 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Autumn in Paris
- 12 Weekend in Norfolk
- 13 Athens at New Years
- 14 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 15 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 16 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 19 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 20 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 21 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 22 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 25 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)