I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 3 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 6 Scotland November 2015
- 7 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 8 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 9 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 12 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 13 Southern Spain
- 14 Which european city?
- 15 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 16 Italy Countryside
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 21 Germany in December 2015
- 22 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 23 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 24 Vegan in Germany?
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?