I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 2 What area/town to stay in North Eastern Sardinia?
- 3 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 4 Paris info required
- 5 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 6 Spa in Scotland
- 7 DCC on the increase?
- 8 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 9 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 10 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 11 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 12 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 13 Greek Island honeymoon
- 14 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 15 Venice - things to do?
- 16 help and advice
- 17 help on my Portugal Itinerary - 11 days
- 18 Is it a bad time to go?
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 21 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 22 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 23 A First and Fantastic Visit to Istanbul
- 24 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 25 Garmisch