I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning west-east trip along Alps: Help!
- 2 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 3 At least 13 dead as flash floods hit the French Riviera
- 4 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 5 2 wks in Sicily - Planning for May 2016
- 6 Educate me about Munich
- 7 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 8 3 days in the Algarve - May
- 9 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 10 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 11 Is Capri worth going to?
- 12 Madrid in 2 Days
- 13 Hotels in Paris
- 14 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 15 Outrageous car rental price in Lofoten, Norway!
- 16 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 17 Traffic Tickets - Why Should I Pay?
- 18 Which City with Paris
- 19 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 20 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 21 Paris transport
- 22 10 day Italian Honeymoon in December
- 23 Suggestions for Italy Itinerary in late October
- 24 Paris in April
- 25 PARIS and ROME and ???
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More