I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 Car in Prague
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 6 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 7 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 8 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 9 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 10 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 11 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 12 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 13 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 16 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 22 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 23 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast