I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is credit card rental car insurance worth it??
- 2 Beaune train station rental car return
- 3 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 4 Toulouse Breakfast Restaurants
- 5 21 day from milan to prague
- 6 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 7 Croatia vs Prague - suggestion pls
- 8 Transfer in AMS or FRA?
- 9 Charming town in Noway to visit?
- 10 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 11 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 12 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 13 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 14 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 15 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south
- 16 What to see in Madrid - by a local
- 17 Six days in Yorkshire and Derbyshire
- 18 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 19 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 20 Hotel/Hostel Recommendations
- 21 My summer in Paris
- 22 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 23 Stamp from consulate instead of student visa?
- 24 Puglia and Matera
- 25 Grossglockner Road help
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More