I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 2 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 3 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 4 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 5 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 6 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 7 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 8 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 9 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 10 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 11 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Visit to Bath and London england
- 14 Southern Italy without a Car
- 15 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 16 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 17 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 20 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 21 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 22 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 23 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 24 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!