I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
- 1 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 2 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 3 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 4 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 5 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 6 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 7 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 8 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 9 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 10 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 11 Germany and Italy
- 12 Changing of the Guard
- 13 Which tour company would be best?
- 14 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 15 WWI Battlefield Tours
- 16 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 17 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 18 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 19 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 20 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 21 London Evening Activity
- 22 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 23 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 24 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 25 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?