I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges du Tarn- No car...?
- 2 Palace Versaille - worth the lines ?
- 3 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 4 Arcona living munchen or Pullman Munich
- 5 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 6 Spain vacation itinerary suggestions
- 7 Portugal - need help with planning
- 8 Do I need air conditioning in Wengen in July?
- 9 Help! College daughter's 1st day in Nerja, Spain/converter broke!!
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 12 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 13 If Greece exits
- 14 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 15 Spanish air controllers strikes in July 2015
- 16 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 17 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 18 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 19 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 20 Four Awesome Weeks in the North of Spain and Catalunya
- 21 Is my Scotland itinerary doable?
- 22 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 23 8 nights Geneva to Zurich itinerary ideas
- 24 Paris Hotel - Hotel des Nations St-Germain , Le Méridien Etoile
- 25 1 day in the Black Forest
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More