I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Forints or Euros?
- 2 Glencoe As A Base in Scotland?
- 3 Another Visit to London
- 4 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 5 15 nights in Italy
- 6 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 7 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 8 Northern Italy
- 9 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 10 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 11 hotel in Prague
- 12 A road trip to Florence
- 13 Prague to Dresden in Aug
- 14 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 15 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 16 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 17 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 18 American looking for any work in Italy
- 19 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 20 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 21 NORWAY itineray critique -- please give your opinion.
- 22 Greece- 8/9 DAYS
- 23 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 24 Overnight Layover -London
- 25 Wine tour recommendations around Greve
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More