I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 2 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 3 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 currency
- 6 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 9 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 10 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 11 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 12 T Mobile Does it Again
- 13 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 14 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 15 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 16 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 17 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 20 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 21 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 22 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 23 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 24 European Championship
- 25 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More