I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 THE 8 MOST AWESOME PLACES FOR PERFECT ‘SELFIE’ IN EUROPE
- 2 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 3 Madrid city centre?
- 4 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 5 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 6 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 7 train from ravenna to parma
- 8 counselling in West London
- 9 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 14 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 15 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 16 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 17 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 18 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 19 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 20 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Puglia
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More