I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France
- 2 Athens airport question
- 3 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 4 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 5 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 6 GPS in France
- 7 Voltage in UK and France
- 8 Papal audience-Easter
- 9 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 10 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 11 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 12 A month in Positano - where to stay??
- 13 Chamonix - Information
- 14 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 15 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 16 Planning 10 day trip from Athens around Greece
- 17 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 18 From Porto to the Douro Valley wine route
- 19 Rome - Vatican and Catacomb
- 20 Cannot see Anadolu Ateşi in Antalya. Options in Istanbul?
- 21 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 22 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 23 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 24 Nature of France
- 25 Hotel Artorius in Rome