I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Areas to avoid as a person of color?
- 2 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 3 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 4 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 5 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 6 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 7 Brontë Bicentenaries - plans unveiled starting 2016
- 8 Wine tour in Chianti
- 9 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 10 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 Cookware in France
- 13 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 14 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 15 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 16 Scenic drive from Ghent to Amsterdam
- 17 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 18 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 19 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 20 Russian Visa Question
- 21 travel insurance
- 22 St. Petersburg
- 23 Private transfer from Oslo Cruise Port to the Airport with a half day tour
- 24 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 25 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions