I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 2 Trip to Pyrenees
- 3 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 4 Crete Ancient sites
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 11 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 12 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 13 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 16 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Luggage advice
- 22 Ireland driving vacation
- 23 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 24 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 25 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls