I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 2 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 3 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 4 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 5 visa appointment experience
- 6 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 7 4 week trip Turkey
- 8 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 9 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 10 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 11 Holiday in Austria
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 15 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 16 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 17 Rue des Rosiers
- 18 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 19 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 20 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 21 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 22 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 23 Scotland Trip
- 24 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 25 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More