I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 2 Netherlands, Alps, Tuscany
- 3 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 4 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 5 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 6 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 7 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 10 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 11 Belgium Travel Concept
- 12 Planning Europe itinerary
- 13 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 14 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 15 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 16 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 17 London Pass or No?
- 18 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 19 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 20 Help with Sapin and Portugal itinerary please
- 21 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 22 First time in Greece
- 23 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 24 Rome & Amalfi Coast (driving/Public Transit questions)
- 25 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More