I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 2 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 3 Best driving map for Greece?
- 4 London Weekend
- 5 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 6 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 7 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 8 Turkey - Live report
- 9 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 10 Train tickets within Italy
- 11 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 12 Stay in Venice
- 13 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 14 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 15 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 16 Mont St. Michele?
- 17 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 18 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 19 Questions for Paris residents
- 20 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 21 Central European train travel
- 22 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 23 Carinthia
- 24 Southwestern England
- 25 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question