I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 2 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 3 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 8 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 London Trip Travel
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 St Germain
- 16 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 Autumn in Paris
- 19 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 20 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 21 Norway 2014
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 24 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 25 Young couple - where to stay in London?