I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 2 Holding bags in Paris
- 3 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 4 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 5 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 6 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 7 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 8 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 9 Rome
- 10 Cornwall and Germany
- 11 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 12 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 13 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 14 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 15 2 weeks in Europe in April
- 16 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 17 Gtg during Christmastime?
- 18 The Hague
- 19 Paris GTG - October 21
- 20 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 21 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 22 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 23 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 24 Coming to London. Drinks, dinner?
- 25 Amalfi Coast: Minori or Maiori
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More