I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Xmas windows in London
- 2 Romance written with help from Fodorites
- 3 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 4 Stroller in Europe
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 7 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 8 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 9 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 10 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 11 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 12 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 13 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 14 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 15 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 16 Holland/France/Spain
- 17 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 18 FindYourItaly Tour Company Reviews?
- 19 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 20 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 21 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 22 Car rental leaving Rome
- 23 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 24 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 25 Greece in March?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More