I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ex-pats with young kids
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 4 Paris advice with kids
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 12 Top Tapas Tascas
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Iceland france spain
- 17 Trip Report to Bordeaux, Sarlat-la-Canéda, and Albi
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Amalfi coast in august
- 23 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 24 Greece
- 25 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More