I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help!
- 2 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 3 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 4 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 Scotland
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 11 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 12 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 13 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 14 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 15 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 20 Street food in Turkey
- 21 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 22 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 23 Toulouse and beyond -
- 24 One week in Venice - trips
- 25 French embassy schengen visa related questions