I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 2 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 7 8 Hours in Rome
- 8 Athens International airport
- 9 Corsica
- 10 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 11 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 Greece itinerary--reasonable?
- 14 Cornwall UK
- 15 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 17 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 18 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 19 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 20 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 21 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 22 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 23 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 24 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 25 6 days in Croatia
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More