I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Vacanza (quasi) perfetta - Rome and Barcelona Trip Report
- 2 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 3 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 4 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 5 Tuscan cooking school
- 6 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 7 airport transfers majorca
- 8 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 9 Car service from Barajas International?
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 12 Mt. Nemrut - Kahta side - in April ???
- 13 Naples to Milan, train or plane?
- 14 4 days in Scotland
- 15 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 16 Best days to fly
- 17 Airb2b in Paris
- 18 SE Turkey how safe in Harran, Sanliurfa, Mardin ?
- 19 Porto Moniz south along the coast to Ribeira Brava ~ should we add?
- 20 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 21 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 22 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 23 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 24 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 25 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?