I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 2 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 3 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 4 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 5 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 6 Never traveled abroad before — have one week to get from Derry to Paris
- 7 Bologna: Aperitivo Time
- 8 Mont St. Michele?
- 9 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 10 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 11 Itinerary help needed!
- 12 Paris Libraries
- 13 Albi/Carcassone
- 14 Bologna Restaurants
- 15 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 16 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 17 Austrian train pricing
- 18 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 19 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 20 milan austria
- 21 Where to travel during the first week of April in Europe?
- 22 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 23 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 25 Paris to Etretat Day Trip