I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 4 Retiring to Southern France
- 5 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 6 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 7 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 12 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 13 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 14 Brief trip report Naples
- 15 Advices about our itiniary
- 16 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 17 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 18 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 19 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 20 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 21 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 22 Private transportation
- 23 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 24 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 25 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More