I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 2 Norway fjord
- 3 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 4 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 5 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 6 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 7 Barcelona with baby
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 10 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 11 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 12 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 13 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 14 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 17 help with Italy itinerary
- 18 Capri in July
- 19 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Venice
- 22 London 2For1 question
- 23 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 24 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More