I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 2 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 3 Amsterdam hotels
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 7 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 8 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 9 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 11 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 12 Overnight Train Questions
- 13 Istanbul tour guides?
- 14 Flamenco Shows
- 15 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 16 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 17 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 18 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 19 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 20 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 Tour or independent
- 23 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 24 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 25 Vet my itinerary
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More