I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 2 Packing for Croatia (23 days Sept-Oct)
- 3 Help with 16-night Sept-Oct Itinerary for Croatia
- 4 Germany at Christmas
- 5 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 6 Getting Around Toledo
- 7 Train Tickets in Spain
- 8 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 9 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 10 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 11 Best location to stay in Seville
- 12 slovenia travel base
- 13 Slovenia with ease
- 14 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 15 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 16 Opera in Prague
- 17 Bus ticket to Siena
- 18 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra
- 19 10 Days in Tuscany
- 20 Need help for a Spain solo trip
- 21 Istanbul to budapest
- 22 Stops from Prague to Paris
- 23 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 24 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 25 London theatre
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More