I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 4 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 5 London 6 day itinerary
- 6 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 9 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 10 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 11 free international phone calls
- 12 International drivers permit
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 15 France Study Abroad
- 16 Paris and Normandy
- 17 Sicily Beach Resort
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 20 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 Classical Tour of Albania
- 23 First visit to London
- 24 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 25 Anniversary trip to France
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More