I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Japan or Italy next spring
- 2 5 1/2 hour layover in Amsterdam... enough time to get out and see the city?
- 3 Iceland Key Carrental
- 4 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 5 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 6 Travel in England and Scotland
- 7 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 8 Turkey: Itinerary help!
- 9 Must do/see in Rome
- 10 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 11 what to do in florence
- 12 Toledo, Spain
- 13 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 14 Amalfi Coast of Algarve
- 15 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 16 Lisbon transportation
- 17 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 18 One day in Paris!
- 19 First time Vienna/Budapest/Prague
- 20 Where to travel in Switzerland in 2 days when I'm travelling from Italy?
- 21 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 22 Getting to Kinderdijk
- 23 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 24 Vicking Legend - Danube waltz cruise
- 25 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More