I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 2 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 3 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?
- 4 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 5 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 6 Segovia Hotel
- 7 Germany Itinerary
- 8 La Tavola Marche
- 9 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 10 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 11 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 12 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 13 Portugal - 2 weeks itinerary critique
- 14 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Dordogne Itinerary
- 17 2 Days in Istanbul
- 18 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 19 Dreaming of a hiking trip for 2016
- 20 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 21 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 22 Small-group day tours from London?
- 23 Journees du Patrimoine
- 24 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 25 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More