I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary questions
- 2 1 month in Europe
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 19 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Iceland in 7 days.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More