I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 4 Towersey, London
- 5 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 6 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Amalfi Coast help
- 9 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 10 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 Ireland in April
- 15 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 A few days outside Rome
- 19 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Paris Metro
- 24 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 25 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More