I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 2 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 3 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 4 First visit to France in November
- 5 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 6 Venice; recommendations
- 7 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 8 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 9 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 10 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 11 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 12 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 13 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 14 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October
- 17 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 20 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 21 Sardinia in early May
- 22 Finistère Base
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Photographer in Paris?
- 25 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase