I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 2 Need recommendations for car rental agencies in Crete and Naxos
- 3 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 4 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 5 Help with Slovenia / Croatia itinerary.
- 6 Andalucia Itinerary
- 7 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 8 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 9 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 10 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 11 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 12 Day Trip From London
- 13 day trip from Glasgow
- 14 Southern Puglia Italy
- 15 London-Paris summer 2016
- 16 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 17 Suggestions of where to go for a 12 day car hire in Spain
- 18 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 19 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 20 My summer in Paris
- 21 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 22 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 23 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 24 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 25 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More