I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 6 Rome---August and September
- 7 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 8 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 9 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 14 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 15 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 16 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 17 4-6 weeks
- 18 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 22 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 23 Dresden or Leipzig
- 24 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 25 Why don't the French use shower curtains