I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 3 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 4 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 7 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 14 Istanbul Itinerary
- 15 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 16 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 19 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 20 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 21 London 2nd time around
- 22 iPad Cellular in Croatia-Slovenia-Italy
- 23 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 24 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 25 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist