I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 2 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 3 Trip to Russia – get the most!
- 4 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 5 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 6 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 7 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 8 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 9 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 10 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 11 Hotel in Lisbon
- 12 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 13 Tyrol - need general help
- 14 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 15 Italy food budget
- 16 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 17 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 18 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 19 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 20 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 21 Munich accommodations
- 22 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 23 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 24 buying souviners and art
- 25 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June