I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 4 Belgium
- 5 Navigo Decouverte
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 15 days in Europe,
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 Madrid to Sevilla
- 16 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 17 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 18 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 19 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 20 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 21 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 7 days in Andalucia
- 24 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 25 first european holiday itinery