I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm Hotel Tegnerlunden or Birger Jarl?
- 2 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 3 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 4 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 5 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 6 Avignon
- 7 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 8 Palace of the Popes
- 9 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 10 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 11 Taking wine home from France
- 12 Booking through conciergerie.com
- 13 Cycling in France
- 14 September in Switzerland
- 15 Drive or train Austria
- 16 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 17 Need advice on transportation
- 18 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 19 St Moritz hiking
- 20 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 21 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 22 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 25 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More