I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 2 Greece after the Vote
- 3 Now for the Venice hotel
- 4 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 5 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 7 South of Switzerland
- 8 A Week in Spain
- 9 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 10 Day Trips from Paris
- 11 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 12 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 13 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 14 To Prague or not to Prague
- 15 Rocamaxour
- 16 Home Base in Belgium
- 17 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 18 London Pass
- 19 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 20 Potential trip - Balkans
- 21 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 22 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 23 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 24 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 25 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested