I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 2 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 3 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 4 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 6 Bike touring in France
- 7 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 8 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 9 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 10 Does this sound feasible?
- 11 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 12 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 13 Mama Mia Italy!
- 14 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 15 Ireland driving vacation
- 16 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 17 Late night train from Prague
- 18 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 19 Theater in London
- 20 Tour Group Operators
- 21 Islands in mid October
- 22 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 23 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 24 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 25 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece