My wife and I are planning a Venice, Florence, Rome trip in September. We have never used the Italian trains and have sweaty palms about navigating the stations, acquiring tickets, finding the correct train and track, etc. We are seniors and lugging bags through confusing stations in a mad rush gives us pause. Comments will be appreciated.
Just how intimidating is the Italian rail system?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 year olds in Europe
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 A Sardinia trip report
- 4 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 5 Eastern Europe
- 6 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 7 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 8 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 9 Azores
- 10 Coffee in Naples
- 11 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 12 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 13 Granada
- 14 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 4 weeks in the UK
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 22 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 23 First time to Switzerland
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions