Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
just back from slovenia and croatia
Hello to everybody!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 2 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 3 Cornwall or Paris?
- 4 Help for San Sebastian
- 5 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 6 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 7 spain
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 10 2 Days in Rome
- 11 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 12 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 13 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 14 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 15 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 16 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 17 3 days in Rome
- 18 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 19 2 full days in Paris
- 20 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 21 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 22 Help with Madrid Location
- 23 Venice, just arrived
- 24 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 25 Central London Hotels