Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 4 Italy in a week
- 5 Scotland itinerary advice
- 6 seat reservations
- 7 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 Positano Hotel in September
- 10 Brussels flower tapestry
- 11 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 12 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 13 Reaching the Lake District
- 14 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 15 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 16 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 17 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 18 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Moldova and Transnistria
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 23 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 Provence Hotel and Flights
Hello to everybody!