Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
just back from slovenia and croatia
Hello to everybody!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 2 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 3 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 8 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 Rovinj, Croatia
- 11 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 12 Paris November 2014
- 13 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 14 Traveling in France by train
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 Unique Venice Activity
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 19 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 20 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 21 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 22 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 23 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 24 Greek ferries
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions