Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium : a asfe country
- 2 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 3 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 4 sfo to europe
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Rue des Rosiers
- 7 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 8 Car Rental in Italy
- 9 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 10 Italian Riviera
- 11 Advices about our itiniary
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 14 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 15 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 16 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 17 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 18 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 19 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 20 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 21 Switzerland in mid-April
- 22 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 24 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 25 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
Hello to everybody!