Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
just back from slovenia and croatia
Hello to everybody!
- 1 Travel in Spain
- 2 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 3 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 4 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 5 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 6 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 7 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 8 Lucerne where to stay
- 9 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 10 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 11 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 12 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 13 I Need To Vent!
- 14 France: CDG to Beaune
- 15 Athens licensed tour guide
- 16 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 19 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 20 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 21 Visit to Russia - Money
- 22 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 23 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 24 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 25 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death