Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
just back from slovenia and croatia
Hello to everybody!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 2 London - Site List Triage -
- 3 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 4 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 5 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 6 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 7 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 8 London and Where Else in late December?
- 9 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 10 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 11 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 12 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 13 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 14 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 17 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 18 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 21 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 Southern Ireland Help