Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 June '17-Verona Piedmont Liguria?
- 2 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 3 Itinerary Suggestions Between Bilbao and Amsterdam
- 4 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 5 Bulgaria 2016 / Under the sun / Episode two / Arrested by fake police
- 6 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 7 Most memorable European moments
- 8 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 9 Piazza Navona
- 10 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 11 Macedonia, Greece
- 12 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 13 Berlin to Barcelona
- 14 Rhine River
- 15 Rome For 2 days
- 16 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 17 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 18 Norwway trip report
- 19 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 20 Camino Redux
- 21 Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur advice
- 22 DayTrip to Hallstatt from Cesky Krumlov?
- 23 Best way to see Croatia?
- 24 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 25 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
Hello to everybody!