Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
just back from slovenia and croatia
Hello to everybody!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Venice hotel selection
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 May trip to the islands
- 5 Where to stay in Rome
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 10 Augsburg with kids
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 17 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Paris in April?
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 25 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken