I'm going to be in Switzerland with my boyfriend at the beginning of June. Just trying to see how people feel about these different excursions. We will be based in the BO for a few days and Luzern for a few days. Just trying to get an idea of which excursions people felt were a "must-see." We would like to do one or two depending on (not necessarily in order of importance):
1. Length of time it takes to do the round-trip excursion
2. The cost (we will have a swiss pass)
3. The views and picture taking opportunities
4. The "once--in-a-lifetime" opportunity. We live near the Rocky Mountains so keep in mind that we have seen mountains before
5. The cost-benefit of doing the excursion as opposed to doing something else in the area since we don't have a lot of time. So, for instance, if we had to choose a day out on the Lake in Luzern or an excursion to Titlis, which would be better?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
Jungfraujoch vs Titlis vs Schilthorn vs Pilatus - which are priority?