Happy New Year everyone!
I am planning a trip to Italy with hubby and the kids (ages 15 and 12 - great travellers), from Australia for three weeks. Our options are the June/July school holidays which start at the end of June and which last for three weeks, or the Sept/Oct holidays which start at the end of September but which only last two weeks. We would need to take the kids out of school for a week which I don't really have a problem with for the younger child but I am more reluctant for the older one. Our itinerary is yet to be confirmed but I am thinking three nights in Venice, two nights in Florence, three nights in the Chianti region followed by a week in a villa or agriturismo in the Val D'Orcia region. We would then end in Rome for five nights.
The pros and cons that I see for each are:
- hotter and possibly busier in June/July (but we do live in Brisbane where it was over 40 degrees C today so we are used to the heat)
- longer days in June/July
- cooler and maybe quieter in September but it is another three months to wait!!!
- having to take a senior student out of school in the final term of the year (we run Jan to Dec in Australia)
Given our possible itinerary what are your thoughts on each? I would also be interested in hearing about out of the way places to visit where we can avoid the crowds. We all enjoy just following our noses to see what we can see and won't necessarily be doing the usual tourist stuff. Is getting into the hills of Southern Tuscany a way to avoid crowds?
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 2 광교오피 아찔한달리기 광교건마 www.adal.ml 광교휴게텔 광교마사지 광교키스방
- 3 파주오피 아달 파주건마 www.adal.ml 파주휴게텔 파주마사지 파주키스방
- 4 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 5 Italian lakes
- 6 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 7 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 8 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 11 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 12 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 13 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 14 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 15 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 16 "Never Mind"
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Nafplio to Hydra
- 20 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 23 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Prague itinerary advice
Happy New Year everyone!