I am planning for my first trip to Europe this June.
Because of my nationality I need to apply for the Schengen visa. This requires me to make all bookings: plane into 1st European country and plane out of Europe, accommodation throughout length of stay, and all train/ flight bookings that connects me to the different cities.
The visa application processing takes a lot of time (from what I've heard from people similar to myself) something like 2 weeks and you may have to try several times. So I would like to start early.
But I understand that the train schedule changes in June. I had asked the relevant embassy regarding this but they said they need to see my connecting tickets.
Anyone has any advice for this?
Also, when are train tickets for June usually/ approx. open for purchase?
I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
June 2013 train schedule
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 2 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 7 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 8 Sicily in a winter
- 9 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Guidebook for Iceland
- 14 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 15 Eastern Europe
- 16 Taormina Sicily
- 17 Scuol, Switzerland
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 20 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 21 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 visa question
- 24 caroline_venezia
- 25 A Sardinia trip report