I am planning for my first trip to Europe this June.
Because of my nationality I need to apply for the Schengen visa. This requires me to make all bookings: plane into 1st European country and plane out of Europe, accommodation throughout length of stay, and all train/ flight bookings that connects me to the different cities.
The visa application processing takes a lot of time (from what I've heard from people similar to myself) something like 2 weeks and you may have to try several times. So I would like to start early.
But I understand that the train schedule changes in June. I had asked the relevant embassy regarding this but they said they need to see my connecting tickets.
Anyone has any advice for this?
Also, when are train tickets for June usually/ approx. open for purchase?
I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 2 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 3 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 4 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 5 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 6 Basque country ideas
- 7 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 8 European Cooking Secrets
- 9 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 10 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 11 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 12 20 Days in Europe
- 13 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 14 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 15 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 16 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 17 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 18 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 19 Travel vs. Babies
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 22 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 23 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?