I am planning for my first trip to Europe this June.
Because of my nationality I need to apply for the Schengen visa. This requires me to make all bookings: plane into 1st European country and plane out of Europe, accommodation throughout length of stay, and all train/ flight bookings that connects me to the different cities.
The visa application processing takes a lot of time (from what I've heard from people similar to myself) something like 2 weeks and you may have to try several times. So I would like to start early.
But I understand that the train schedule changes in June. I had asked the relevant embassy regarding this but they said they need to see my connecting tickets.
Anyone has any advice for this?
Also, when are train tickets for June usually/ approx. open for purchase?
I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
June 2013 train schedule
- 1 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Family European winter holiday
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 13 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 19 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 20 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 21 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 22 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 23 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 24 Greek islands from Turkey
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris