I am planning for my first trip to Europe this June.
Because of my nationality I need to apply for the Schengen visa. This requires me to make all bookings: plane into 1st European country and plane out of Europe, accommodation throughout length of stay, and all train/ flight bookings that connects me to the different cities.
The visa application processing takes a lot of time (from what I've heard from people similar to myself) something like 2 weeks and you may have to try several times. So I would like to start early.
But I understand that the train schedule changes in June. I had asked the relevant embassy regarding this but they said they need to see my connecting tickets.
Anyone has any advice for this?
Also, when are train tickets for June usually/ approx. open for purchase?
I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
June 2013 train schedule
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 2 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 3 Munich
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 6 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 7 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 12 Italy
- 13 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 23 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 24 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday