I am planning for my first trip to Europe this June.
Because of my nationality I need to apply for the Schengen visa. This requires me to make all bookings: plane into 1st European country and plane out of Europe, accommodation throughout length of stay, and all train/ flight bookings that connects me to the different cities.
The visa application processing takes a lot of time (from what I've heard from people similar to myself) something like 2 weeks and you may have to try several times. So I would like to start early.
But I understand that the train schedule changes in June. I had asked the relevant embassy regarding this but they said they need to see my connecting tickets.
Anyone has any advice for this?
Also, when are train tickets for June usually/ approx. open for purchase?
I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
June 2013 train schedule
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 2 What to wear
- 3 We Need a Pact
- 4 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 5 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 6 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 7 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 8 seven days in Portugal
- 9 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 11 I need a haircut
- 12 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 13 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Monet in Normandy
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 20 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 23 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 24 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 25 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO