I am planning for my first trip to Europe this June.
Because of my nationality I need to apply for the Schengen visa. This requires me to make all bookings: plane into 1st European country and plane out of Europe, accommodation throughout length of stay, and all train/ flight bookings that connects me to the different cities.
The visa application processing takes a lot of time (from what I've heard from people similar to myself) something like 2 weeks and you may have to try several times. So I would like to start early.
But I understand that the train schedule changes in June. I had asked the relevant embassy regarding this but they said they need to see my connecting tickets.
Anyone has any advice for this?
Also, when are train tickets for June usually/ approx. open for purchase?
I really appreciate any help. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safety in Rome
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Greek Village
- 4 Crete Holiday
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Apartment Montreux area
- 10 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 15 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 16 base in brussels
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 25 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland