First trip for 18 year old daughter to Italy as graduation present; husband and I have been to Florence and Rome; thinking of flying into Rome and out of Milan or Venice back to DC; would like to add in Cinque Terre and Siena, with a few major cities for daughter. Love art and churches but also desire a day or two on coast or countryside to regroup and relax. Suggestions of itinerary and transportation - should we do the whole trip by train and not rent a car? Appreciate in advance your travel insights. Thank you!
June 2013 10-12 day trip to Italy with HS grad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 8 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 9 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 10 Burgundy in May
- 11 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 12 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 15 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 16 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 17 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 20 Bregenz or Lindau
- 21 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 22 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 Winter in Paris
- 25 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report