First trip for 18 year old daughter to Italy as graduation present; husband and I have been to Florence and Rome; thinking of flying into Rome and out of Milan or Venice back to DC; would like to add in Cinque Terre and Siena, with a few major cities for daughter. Love art and churches but also desire a day or two on coast or countryside to regroup and relax. Suggestions of itinerary and transportation - should we do the whole trip by train and not rent a car? Appreciate in advance your travel insights. Thank you!
June 2013 10-12 day trip to Italy with HS grad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 2 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 3 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 4 Our first trip to Europe
- 5 Seville Holy Week - Behind the Scenes!
- 6 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 7 Needed: a nice beach break in Spain!
- 8 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 9 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 10 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 11 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 12 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 13 Train tickets within Italy
- 14 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 15 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 16 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 19 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 Hotel in Istanbul
- 22 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 23 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Mont St. Michele?
- 25 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation