First trip for 18 year old daughter to Italy as graduation present; husband and I have been to Florence and Rome; thinking of flying into Rome and out of Milan or Venice back to DC; would like to add in Cinque Terre and Siena, with a few major cities for daughter. Love art and churches but also desire a day or two on coast or countryside to regroup and relax. Suggestions of itinerary and transportation - should we do the whole trip by train and not rent a car? Appreciate in advance your travel insights. Thank you!
June 2013 10-12 day trip to Italy with HS grad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 7 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 8 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 9 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 10 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 11 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 12 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 15 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 16 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Budget for 3 Month's
- 21 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 22 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 23 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 24 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 25 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls