First trip for 18 year old daughter to Italy as graduation present; husband and I have been to Florence and Rome; thinking of flying into Rome and out of Milan or Venice back to DC; would like to add in Cinque Terre and Siena, with a few major cities for daughter. Love art and churches but also desire a day or two on coast or countryside to regroup and relax. Suggestions of itinerary and transportation - should we do the whole trip by train and not rent a car? Appreciate in advance your travel insights. Thank you!
June 2013 10-12 day trip to Italy with HS grad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 2 Staying in the Highlands
- 3 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 4 Ireland Cell Phones
- 5 Athens-Delphi-Nafplio driving itinerary help
- 6 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 7 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 8 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 9 Travel by train in Poland?
- 10 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 11 Trains
- 12 Spain in late November/early December
- 13 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 14 scotland trave;
- 15 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 16 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 17 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 18 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 19 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 20 Berlin - one day off
- 21 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 22 Norway in June with parents.
- 23 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 24 How to experience the Champagne region during a 12 days trip to París.
- 25 Photo Safari to the south of France, the Italian Rivera and the Swiss Alps