First trip for 18 year old daughter to Italy as graduation present; husband and I have been to Florence and Rome; thinking of flying into Rome and out of Milan or Venice back to DC; would like to add in Cinque Terre and Siena, with a few major cities for daughter. Love art and churches but also desire a day or two on coast or countryside to regroup and relax. Suggestions of itinerary and transportation - should we do the whole trip by train and not rent a car? Appreciate in advance your travel insights. Thank you!
June 2013 10-12 day trip to Italy with HS grad
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 2 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 5 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 10 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 11 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 12 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 13 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 14 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 15 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 16 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 17 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 18 St Germain
- 19 When to go to Sicily
- 20 Wengen to Torino?
- 21 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 22 Lakes District UK
- 23 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens