My husband and I have finally decided on Iceland (and perhaps Norway, Sweden or Finland with the free stopover) for our vacation this year. We now need some help deciding what time of year to travel to Iceland. We are avid hikers and like to hike on our own, as opposed to with a group or guide.
This year, we can either travel the first week of July, the last week of August or the last week of September. It seems, at least for flights, the prices drop significantly for late September. In addition, since we don't have children yet, we like to avoid the "typical" American travel times like early July and late August when places are usually crowded. However, I'm concerned that late September in Iceland is too late to enjoy the beautiful hiking that makes us want to travel to Iceland! The books and research I've looked at so far seem to just say that June-August is the best time to travel to Iceland, but don't really speak to late September conditions.
I would really appreciate any and all advice you could provide.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 3 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 4 IWM
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 11 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 12 quickest way to Prague
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 16 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 17 Scotland - We're Here!
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 20 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 23 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 24 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 25 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May