I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
July 2013 France-Loire, Provence, and Riviera
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 2 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 7 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 10 20 days in Germany
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 France, Italy and Greec
- 14 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 15 Rome---August and September
- 16 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 Help With Vienna
- 19 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 20 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 21 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 24 Dresden or Leipzig
- 25 Olive oil disaster in 2014