I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 Hotel advice
- 4 Tour or independent
- 5 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 6 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 7 Budir, Iceland
- 8 River Boat Cruise
- 9 where to stay in Malta
- 10 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 11 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 12 London with kids
- 13 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 14 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 15 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 16 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 17 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 18 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 19 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 20 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 21 Public Transport information App/Website
- 22 Copenhagen and Stockholm Hotel Recommendations
- 23 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 24 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 25 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks