I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
July 2013 France-Loire, Provence, and Riviera
- 1 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 2 Spain and Portugal
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 6 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 A very bad experience with Rentalcars
- 11 Three for the road
- 12 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 13 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 14 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 15 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 23 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Dawdling Through the Dordogne