I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
July 2013 France-Loire, Provence, and Riviera
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 5 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Norway 2014
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 13 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 14 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 15 Is Venice really dirty?
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Best beach town in Italy?
- 22 Burgundy in May
- 23 Athens at New Years
- 24 chrismas in rome
- 25 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?