I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 Language to use in Belgium
- 3 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 4 Istanbul at Easter
- 5 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 6 Palermo Apartment
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 10 SURPRISE TRIP
- 11 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 15 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 16 Barcelona - places to stay
- 17 Fado in Lisbon
- 18 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 19 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 20 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 21 Moldova and Transnistria
- 22 Camogli and surrounds
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE