I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 2 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 6 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 7 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 8 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 9 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 10 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 11 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 12 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 13 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 14 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 15 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 16 http://gomusclebuilding.com/ers-pro/
- 17 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 18 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 19 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 20 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 23 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 24 Verona and Lake Garda
- 25 20 Days in Europe