I did some research and realize this will be a rushed itinerary but if anyone can help. International flights are already done and we have a total of 7 nights. Unfortunately this all we could get off from work. We fly into Paris and to save time I am going to fly back to Paris. We already saw Paris so will not be sightseeing there.
We have to go to Loire valley as my kids are going to go on an exchange program. So we are going to rent a car at the airport. We arrive early morning to Paris.
Day 1-arrive Paris and en route to Tours/Loire/La Chartre sur le
loir, will stop and see some castles along way. (2 nights)
Day 2-tour around to see castles
Day 3-kids will stay so just us 2 now! Either we drive to Arles for 2 nights or stop in Sarlat area. Not sure. My preference to drive straight to Arles since time is limited with a nice town to stop in for lunch and snacks as we drive down.?????
Day 4-sightsee around Arles/Avignon. Which city should I base in for these 2 nights?
Day 5-Day 7-Nice area. Day 5 and Day 6 to Sightsee
Day 7-early morning flight to Paris. Walk around in Paris in afternoon. (Drop car rental in Nice)
Day 8-international flight (kids will meet us back in Paris)
We just want to cover highlights and I know its rushed. From what I have read so far, it seems we can do this especially since it is just the 2 of us. Any alternate ideas? Thanks much.
July 2013 France-Loire, Provence, and Riviera
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 9 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 10 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 11 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 12 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 15 White Christmas
- 16 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Gtg San Antonio
- 19 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 20 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 21 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Gift for French business associate
- 24 Wine tour from Verona?
- 25 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?