I'm new to this forum and I like it very much... lots of useful information. I'm going to Europe for two months this summer. It's not my first time there (and hopefully not the last) and I actually travel quite often, so this is not one of those "once in a lifetime" trips where I want to "see everything in seven days". Part of my trip I will be alone or with European friends (Prague to Budapest, see below). The rest of my itinerary is with my wife and our teen daughter. All travel plans are made (flights, car, accomodations) and itinerary is set to the detail (and I'm very happy with my choices). I am looking for advice on specific local activities - good restaurants/pubs, reasonable "cheap eats", must-see stuff. Anyway, here is my trip listed by overnight city:
arrive Frankfurt July 4, get Renault short-lease car,
Luxembourg 2 nights
Reims 1 n
Thaon (Normandy - invasion beaches stuff) 2 n
Dinant (Belgium) 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for an airport pick-up)
Rothenburg 1 n
Nuremberg 2 n
Gad Gastein, Austria 7 n (RCI resort)
Heidelberg 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for airport drop-off)
Prague 3 n
Vienna 3 n
Graz 2 n
Budapest 2 n
Bucharest 2 n
Salonic? 1 n (stop-over drive)
Corfu, Greece 7 n
ferry Corfu - Bari 1 n
Rome 4 n
Tuscany 5 n (base is Florence/Chianti area)
Cinque Terre 3 n (Monterosso)
Rome 1 n (airport drop-off)
Sorrento 3 n
Colmar 1 n (I know, long drive
Strasbourg 2 n
Frankfurt 1 n (fly back to Canada Sep 1st)
I would appreciate any local advice and information ref. Luxembourg, Prague, Vienna, Graz, Corfu, Rome, Tuscany, 5T, Strasbourg (all new places for me), for example a good restaurant or beer house in Prague/Vienna/Graz, a Greek taverna, or a Tuscany wine/culinary tour idea.
Jul-Aug 2012 trip - need tips for restaurants, bars, bakeries, local stuff
- 1 Timeshare freebies (free accomodation but you have to "partcipate" in their presentation)
- 2 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 3 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 4 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 5 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 6 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 7 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 8 I Need To Vent!
- 9 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 10 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 11 Shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 Navigo Decouverte
- 14 What size luggage?
- 15 Planning a honeymoon in Spain - most romantic areas??
- 16 Travel in Spain
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 19 Two days in Amsterdam; bike tour
- 20 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 21 Don't slight Bruges
- 22 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 23 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 24 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 25 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?