I'm new to this forum and I like it very much... lots of useful information. I'm going to Europe for two months this summer. It's not my first time there (and hopefully not the last) and I actually travel quite often, so this is not one of those "once in a lifetime" trips where I want to "see everything in seven days". Part of my trip I will be alone or with European friends (Prague to Budapest, see below). The rest of my itinerary is with my wife and our teen daughter. All travel plans are made (flights, car, accomodations) and itinerary is set to the detail (and I'm very happy with my choices). I am looking for advice on specific local activities - good restaurants/pubs, reasonable "cheap eats", must-see stuff. Anyway, here is my trip listed by overnight city:
arrive Frankfurt July 4, get Renault short-lease car,
Luxembourg 2 nights
Reims 1 n
Thaon (Normandy - invasion beaches stuff) 2 n
Dinant (Belgium) 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for an airport pick-up)
Rothenburg 1 n
Nuremberg 2 n
Gad Gastein, Austria 7 n (RCI resort)
Heidelberg 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for airport drop-off)
Prague 3 n
Vienna 3 n
Graz 2 n
Budapest 2 n
Bucharest 2 n
Salonic? 1 n (stop-over drive)
Corfu, Greece 7 n
ferry Corfu - Bari 1 n
Rome 4 n
Tuscany 5 n (base is Florence/Chianti area)
Cinque Terre 3 n (Monterosso)
Rome 1 n (airport drop-off)
Sorrento 3 n
Colmar 1 n (I know, long drive
Strasbourg 2 n
Frankfurt 1 n (fly back to Canada Sep 1st)
I would appreciate any local advice and information ref. Luxembourg, Prague, Vienna, Graz, Corfu, Rome, Tuscany, 5T, Strasbourg (all new places for me), for example a good restaurant or beer house in Prague/Vienna/Graz, a Greek taverna, or a Tuscany wine/culinary tour idea.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 5 sfo to europe
- 6 First Trip to Europe!
- 7 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 8 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 9 visa appointment experience
- 10 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 11 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 12 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 13 Italian Riviera
- 14 Switzerland in mid-April
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 17 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 18 Hamam Istanbul?
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 25 What to take to Germany
Jul-Aug 2012 trip - need tips for restaurants, bars, bakeries, local stuff