I'm new to this forum and I like it very much... lots of useful information. I'm going to Europe for two months this summer. It's not my first time there (and hopefully not the last) and I actually travel quite often, so this is not one of those "once in a lifetime" trips where I want to "see everything in seven days". Part of my trip I will be alone or with European friends (Prague to Budapest, see below). The rest of my itinerary is with my wife and our teen daughter. All travel plans are made (flights, car, accomodations) and itinerary is set to the detail (and I'm very happy with my choices). I am looking for advice on specific local activities - good restaurants/pubs, reasonable "cheap eats", must-see stuff. Anyway, here is my trip listed by overnight city:
arrive Frankfurt July 4, get Renault short-lease car,
Luxembourg 2 nights
Reims 1 n
Thaon (Normandy - invasion beaches stuff) 2 n
Dinant (Belgium) 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for an airport pick-up)
Rothenburg 1 n
Nuremberg 2 n
Gad Gastein, Austria 7 n (RCI resort)
Heidelberg 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for airport drop-off)
Prague 3 n
Vienna 3 n
Graz 2 n
Budapest 2 n
Bucharest 2 n
Salonic? 1 n (stop-over drive)
Corfu, Greece 7 n
ferry Corfu - Bari 1 n
Rome 4 n
Tuscany 5 n (base is Florence/Chianti area)
Cinque Terre 3 n (Monterosso)
Rome 1 n (airport drop-off)
Sorrento 3 n
Colmar 1 n (I know, long drive
Strasbourg 2 n
Frankfurt 1 n (fly back to Canada Sep 1st)
I would appreciate any local advice and information ref. Luxembourg, Prague, Vienna, Graz, Corfu, Rome, Tuscany, 5T, Strasbourg (all new places for me), for example a good restaurant or beer house in Prague/Vienna/Graz, a Greek taverna, or a Tuscany wine/culinary tour idea.
Jul-Aug 2012 trip - need tips for restaurants, bars, bakeries, local stuff
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Florence in October
- 8 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 9 Traveling within Italy
- 10 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 11 first european holiday itinery
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 16 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 17 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 21 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 22 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 23 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 24 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 25 To Paris and Provence in June