I'm new to this forum and I like it very much... lots of useful information. I'm going to Europe for two months this summer. It's not my first time there (and hopefully not the last) and I actually travel quite often, so this is not one of those "once in a lifetime" trips where I want to "see everything in seven days". Part of my trip I will be alone or with European friends (Prague to Budapest, see below). The rest of my itinerary is with my wife and our teen daughter. All travel plans are made (flights, car, accomodations) and itinerary is set to the detail (and I'm very happy with my choices). I am looking for advice on specific local activities - good restaurants/pubs, reasonable "cheap eats", must-see stuff. Anyway, here is my trip listed by overnight city:
arrive Frankfurt July 4, get Renault short-lease car,
Luxembourg 2 nights
Reims 1 n
Thaon (Normandy - invasion beaches stuff) 2 n
Dinant (Belgium) 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for an airport pick-up)
Rothenburg 1 n
Nuremberg 2 n
Gad Gastein, Austria 7 n (RCI resort)
Heidelberg 1 n
Frankfurt 1 n (stop for airport drop-off)
Prague 3 n
Vienna 3 n
Graz 2 n
Budapest 2 n
Bucharest 2 n
Salonic? 1 n (stop-over drive)
Corfu, Greece 7 n
ferry Corfu - Bari 1 n
Rome 4 n
Tuscany 5 n (base is Florence/Chianti area)
Cinque Terre 3 n (Monterosso)
Rome 1 n (airport drop-off)
Sorrento 3 n
Colmar 1 n (I know, long drive
Strasbourg 2 n
Frankfurt 1 n (fly back to Canada Sep 1st)
I would appreciate any local advice and information ref. Luxembourg, Prague, Vienna, Graz, Corfu, Rome, Tuscany, 5T, Strasbourg (all new places for me), for example a good restaurant or beer house in Prague/Vienna/Graz, a Greek taverna, or a Tuscany wine/culinary tour idea.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Madrird and Seville
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 Greece
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 11 Lake Como AREA questions
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 15 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 16 Help on ancient history route
- 17 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 20 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Spain - day driver advice
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 25 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
Jul-Aug 2012 trip - need tips for restaurants, bars, bakeries, local stuff