Last time I was in AMS, in '65, I paid $5 !! for a hotel. In '64 my husband was there with his mother; they stayed at the Amstel. We are going there in early March, and I am astounded at the price of rooms. Found the Hotel Brouwer in the Jordaan for €95, but it has few rooms- am waiting to hear about availability now. Is the Jordaan an acceptable place to stay ? Can anyone suggest another hotel there ? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 2 I need a haircut
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 5 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 6 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 9 We Need a Pact
- 10 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 german rail ticket question
- 13 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 14 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 Italy vacation rental help
- 19 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 20 Monet in Normandy
- 21 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 22 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 23 Honeymooning in Europe
- 24 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 25 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip