Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 nights in England, please help
- 2 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 3 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 4 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 5 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 6 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 7 3/4/ days South of France
- 8 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 9 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 12 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 13 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 14 Trains from Granada
- 15 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 16 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 17 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 18 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 19 Alhambra
- 20 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 21 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 22 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 23 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 24 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 25 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?