Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 2 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 3 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 4 Barcelona sites: attire
- 5 Self-driving in Iceland
- 6 Ann Frank House
- 7 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 8 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 9 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 10 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 11 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 12 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 13 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 14 Referendum in Greece
- 15 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 16 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 17 Barcelona Itinerary
- 18 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 19 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 20 Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche villa suggestions for large group
- 21 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 22 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 23 Sunrise in Colmar, France
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?