Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 4 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 8 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 10 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 11 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 12 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 13 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 20 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 23 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?