Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 2 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 3 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 4 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 5 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 6 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 7 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 8 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 9 A week driving in Bavaria
- 10 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 11 Car rental/return near London
- 12 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 13 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 14 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 15 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 16 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 17 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 18 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 19 Where to stay between Kenmare and Dublin
- 20 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 21 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 22 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 23 Camino Redux
- 24 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?