Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 Globus Tours
- 3 First Trip to Europe
- 4 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 5 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 6 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 7 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 8 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 9 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 10 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 11 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 12 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 13 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 14 London hotel tax is 20%
- 15 ITALY
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 18 Royal Opera House question?
- 19 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 20 3 days in Rome
- 21 Please help with itinerary...
- 22 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 23 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 24 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 25 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France