Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 2 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 3 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 4 Getting Around Toledo
- 5 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 6 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 7 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 8 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 9 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 10 Our Next Europe Trip
- 11 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 12 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 13 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 14 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 15 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 16 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 17 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 18 Trip Report: 17 days in Spain & Portugal
- 19 four old ladies in spain
- 20 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 21 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 22 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 23 Check out this amazing hotel just off the coast of Galway
- 24 Air France new business flat bed seats in fall, old seats in summer?
- 25 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?