Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 2 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 Ravenna Mosaics
- 5 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 6 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 7 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 8 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 9 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 10 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 11 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 12 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 13 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 16 15 days trip to Europe
- 17 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 European Travel in March
- 24 Scotland Highlands Help
- 25 Changing planes in Frankfurt
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?