Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 2 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 3 3 days to spend in europe
- 4 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 5 Berlin restaurant recs
- 6 Rail pass question
- 7 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 8 Ravello to Paestum
- 9 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 10 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 11 Renting bed linens and towels
- 12 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 13 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 14 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 15 Amalfi coast
- 16 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 17 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 18 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 19 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 20 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 21 Beaches in Southern France
- 22 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 23 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 24 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 25 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?