Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy
- 2 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 5 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 6 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 7 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 10 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 11 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 12 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Low Deposit Holidays| Low Cost Getaway| Secure From Book It Now
- 16 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 17 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 18 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 22 Maybe your worst nightmare...
- 23 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 24 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 25 Two weeks in Greece early October
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?