Just joined Fodors - we're planning a January visit to Granada and was hoping to get some advice:
Given the winter time visit, is it wiser to base ourselves in Malaga (better weather?) and do day trips to Granada and Cordoba from there, or is it better to stay in the city (colder weather, snow possibly)?
We will be coming from Madrid by train, and we're considering either:
3 nights in Malaga with day trips to Granada and Cordoba
1 night in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada
Unfortunately this is a very tight and short visit and we're trying to make the best of it...Thanks for any input in advance!
January Visit to Granada - Is Malaga or Granada a good base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 2 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 3 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 4 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 5 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 6 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 7 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 8 Travel to Yakutia
- 9 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 10 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 11 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 12 Our first trip to Europe
- 13 Seville Holy Week - Behind the Scenes!
- 14 Needed: a nice beach break in Spain!
- 15 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Train tickets within Italy
- 18 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 19 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 20 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 21 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Hotel in Istanbul
- 24 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 25 A taste of Scotland and Ireland