Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 3 Traveling within Italy
- 4 Which travel plan?
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 first european holiday itinery
- 7 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 8 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 9 Travel by train or bus
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 Florence in October
- 15 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 16 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 21 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 25 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites