Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Greece in 15 Days
- 3 Norway holiday locations
- 4 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 5 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 6 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 7 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 8 Help with itinerary
- 9 Flamenco in Cordoba - 8/29 to 8/30/16
- 10 Flamenco in Granada - 8/25 to 8/28/16
- 11 Berlin restaurant recs
- 12 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 13 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 14 Itinerary Assistance
- 15 Norway accessories and must have
- 16 Our European adventures
- 17 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 18 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 19 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 20 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 21 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 22 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 23 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 24 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 25 Naples or Genoa
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!