Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 3 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 4 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Spain and South of France
- 7 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 8 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 Prague itinerary advice
- 11 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 12 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 13 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 14 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 15 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 16 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 17 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!