Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 4 London and Normandy
- 5 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 6 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 7 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 8 Paris and Normandy
- 9 rent muscle car in Norway
- 10 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 11 How do I private message a person?
- 12 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 13 Burgundy and Lyon
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 15 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 16 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 17 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 18 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 19 Visiting Lyon
- 20 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 22 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?
- 23 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Need help with 3 days in Salzburg area
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!