Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 3 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 4 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 5 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 6 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 7 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 8 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 9 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 10 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 11 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 12 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 13 4 Months in Europe
- 14 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 15 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 16 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 17 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 18 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 19 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 20 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 21 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 22 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 23 Airbnb scam
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 Which is a better hotel location in Rome