Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 itinerary help
- 9 9 days in turkey
- 10 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Nice Video about Poland
- 15 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 16 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 17 Reims for a day
- 18 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 19 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 20 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 21 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 22 Toulouse and beyond -
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station