Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solidify the wire internal structure
- 2 England in a week - what's realistic
- 3 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 7 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 8 French Riviera
- 9 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 10 Stonehenge and Bath
- 11 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 12 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 13 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 14 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 15 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 16 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 17 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 18 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 19 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 20 Barcelona extension
- 21 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 22 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 23 My First Trip to Europe...
- 24 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 25 From Genoa to Rome...
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!