Hello lovely fodorites!
It is that time again - time for our annual new years vacation and this year has us drinking and eating in Rome!
Now we have been to Rome before:
Once at the end of our 3.5 week honeymoon in 2003. We were tired and ready to head home and booked a B&B at Rei di Roma metro station - not ideal for walking and eating out at night! It was also Bikerscott's first time to Europe and let's just say that Rome was a bit 'intense' for him!
Second time was in 2007 when we spent a week in an apartment at Campo di Fiori with my parents, my brother, and Scott's parents. Never ever do this. Just dont. It was so stressful trying to make everyone happy that we didnt really enjoy Rome at all!
So when discussing where to go this year we decided to give Rome another chance and we hope to fall in love with it. We are trying to rectify all the mistakes of previous trips!
First, we have rented a lovely flat in Trastevere where we are hopefully surrounded by yummy food, and walking distance to sites: http://www.liveromelikearoman.com/index.htm
Second, we have a list of wine bars and deli places to pick up supplies for our week.
Thirdly, we have no agenda other than to eat great food, drink great wine and take photos. We have been to all the usual sites so only have reservations at Borghese Gallery and a local restaurant for New Year's Eve.
We would love to hear about any great restaurants or beloved places to buy food etc so please let us know if you have a favourite.
We head out Boxing Day - looking forward to sharing our travel journal and photos as we go!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Budapest in December 2017
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!
Jamikins and BikerScott Hit Rome for New Year's 2011/2012
Hello lovely fodorites!