*Thanks for in advance to reading this post and contributing in any way.
I am going to be leaving in three weeks for vacation abroad for a few months and I am planning on taking a few electronic devices with me. I have been racking my brain and asking Google countless times but am not getting a clear understanding. It is frustrating trying to find an adapter that will work best for me.
I know I will be bringing:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cannon digital camera
According to my research it looks like I will only need a "plug adapter" for devices and they do not require any conversion.
Now the hard part... I am going to be in London, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France.
Why is it soo hard to find plugs that will fit each location.?
I've searched and found "universal" adapters but then as I look at the details there are notices that say "does not work in Italy" or "does not work" here or there.
I have also come across adapters that ARE "all in one international adapters" but have warnings that include "not for electronics" or for "hair dryer coffee maker only"
Or even found sites wanting to sell a pack of 12 adapters to one specific country which is broken down by type. Ex: Type G, Type L etc. (almost seems unnecessary for 12).
It would be really great to have some help advice on what to buy and which product known to have worked and it which country. I don't mind buying various types I'm just very lost about which to buy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 5 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 6 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 7 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 8 Cell Phone Question
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 11 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 16 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 17 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 18 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 19 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 What tips can you give about packing?
- 22 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 23 Prague
- 24 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
"Its Electrifying!" Help with Adapters in Europe (Everywhere)