*Thanks for in advance to reading this post and contributing in any way.
I am going to be leaving in three weeks for vacation abroad for a few months and I am planning on taking a few electronic devices with me. I have been racking my brain and asking Google countless times but am not getting a clear understanding. It is frustrating trying to find an adapter that will work best for me.
I know I will be bringing:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cannon digital camera
According to my research it looks like I will only need a "plug adapter" for devices and they do not require any conversion.
Now the hard part... I am going to be in London, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France.
Why is it soo hard to find plugs that will fit each location.?
I've searched and found "universal" adapters but then as I look at the details there are notices that say "does not work in Italy" or "does not work" here or there.
I have also come across adapters that ARE "all in one international adapters" but have warnings that include "not for electronics" or for "hair dryer coffee maker only"
Or even found sites wanting to sell a pack of 12 adapters to one specific country which is broken down by type. Ex: Type G, Type L etc. (almost seems unnecessary for 12).
It would be really great to have some help advice on what to buy and which product known to have worked and it which country. I don't mind buying various types I'm just very lost about which to buy.
"Its Electrifying!" Help with Adapters in Europe (Everywhere)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 3 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 6 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 9 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 12 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 13 22 year olds in Europe
- 14 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 15 Granada
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 18 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 19 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 20 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 21 Coffee in Naples
- 22 A Sardinia trip report
- 23 First time Ireland trip
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice