*Thanks for in advance to reading this post and contributing in any way.
I am going to be leaving in three weeks for vacation abroad for a few months and I am planning on taking a few electronic devices with me. I have been racking my brain and asking Google countless times but am not getting a clear understanding. It is frustrating trying to find an adapter that will work best for me.
I know I will be bringing:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cannon digital camera
According to my research it looks like I will only need a "plug adapter" for devices and they do not require any conversion.
Now the hard part... I am going to be in London, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France.
Why is it soo hard to find plugs that will fit each location.?
I've searched and found "universal" adapters but then as I look at the details there are notices that say "does not work in Italy" or "does not work" here or there.
I have also come across adapters that ARE "all in one international adapters" but have warnings that include "not for electronics" or for "hair dryer coffee maker only"
Or even found sites wanting to sell a pack of 12 adapters to one specific country which is broken down by type. Ex: Type G, Type L etc. (almost seems unnecessary for 12).
It would be really great to have some help advice on what to buy and which product known to have worked and it which country. I don't mind buying various types I'm just very lost about which to buy.
"Its Electrifying!" Help with Adapters in Europe (Everywhere)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France: which maps?
- 2 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 3 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 4 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 5 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 6 Ghent or Paris?
- 7 Venice - boats on canals
- 8 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?
- 9 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 10 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 11 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 12 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 13 Recommendations for must do Scandinavian itinerary....
- 14 Piedmont to Cinque Terre
- 15 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 18 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 19 Paris-Verona Carry-On Question
- 20 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 21 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 22 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 23 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 24 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche