*Thanks for in advance to reading this post and contributing in any way.
I am going to be leaving in three weeks for vacation abroad for a few months and I am planning on taking a few electronic devices with me. I have been racking my brain and asking Google countless times but am not getting a clear understanding. It is frustrating trying to find an adapter that will work best for me.
I know I will be bringing:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cannon digital camera
According to my research it looks like I will only need a "plug adapter" for devices and they do not require any conversion.
Now the hard part... I am going to be in London, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France.
Why is it soo hard to find plugs that will fit each location.?
I've searched and found "universal" adapters but then as I look at the details there are notices that say "does not work in Italy" or "does not work" here or there.
I have also come across adapters that ARE "all in one international adapters" but have warnings that include "not for electronics" or for "hair dryer coffee maker only"
Or even found sites wanting to sell a pack of 12 adapters to one specific country which is broken down by type. Ex: Type G, Type L etc. (almost seems unnecessary for 12).
It would be really great to have some help advice on what to buy and which product known to have worked and it which country. I don't mind buying various types I'm just very lost about which to buy.
"Its Electrifying!" Help with Adapters in Europe (Everywhere)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 2 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 3 flea markets in France
- 4 What to wear
- 5 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 6 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 9 Spain tips beyond safety
- 10 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 13 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 14 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Prague flea markets
- 25 Tipping in Greece