*Thanks for in advance to reading this post and contributing in any way.
I am going to be leaving in three weeks for vacation abroad for a few months and I am planning on taking a few electronic devices with me. I have been racking my brain and asking Google countless times but am not getting a clear understanding. It is frustrating trying to find an adapter that will work best for me.
I know I will be bringing:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cannon digital camera
According to my research it looks like I will only need a "plug adapter" for devices and they do not require any conversion.
Now the hard part... I am going to be in London, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France.
Why is it soo hard to find plugs that will fit each location.?
I've searched and found "universal" adapters but then as I look at the details there are notices that say "does not work in Italy" or "does not work" here or there.
I have also come across adapters that ARE "all in one international adapters" but have warnings that include "not for electronics" or for "hair dryer coffee maker only"
Or even found sites wanting to sell a pack of 12 adapters to one specific country which is broken down by type. Ex: Type G, Type L etc. (almost seems unnecessary for 12).
It would be really great to have some help advice on what to buy and which product known to have worked and it which country. I don't mind buying various types I'm just very lost about which to buy.
"Its Electrifying!" Help with Adapters in Europe (Everywhere)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Greece
- 2 Estonia Amber
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 5 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 6 Day trip on the Rhine
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 10 Paris in April?
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Flam, Norway railway
- 13 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 18 Sicily Suggetions
- 19 He said , she said
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 23 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 24 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 25 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?