I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with our honeymoon plans?
We are getting married in June 2013 and plan to leave for a 14-16 day trip to Italy (having never been to Italy before). We would love to visit Venice, lake Garda, Florence, Siena, Rome, possibly Pompei and the Amalfi coast but understand that we will probably not be able to visit all of these destinations within our timeframe.
We haven't set a budget yet however would like the final figure to range between £3000-£4000. We would ideally like to travel by Train/Plane and will be leaving from the UK (South West).
Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of a realistic travel plan including places to go/avoid, time spent in each destination, hotels/B+Bs to stay in, how to transfer between locations?
Thanks in advance
Dan and Holly
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 2 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 3 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 7 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 8 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 9 Studying art in English in venice
- 10 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 14 Trogir or Split
- 15 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 16 Scotland
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 20 Istria in two days
- 21 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 22 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 23 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 24 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 25 Scotland itinerary help