I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with our honeymoon plans?
We are getting married in June 2013 and plan to leave for a 14-16 day trip to Italy (having never been to Italy before). We would love to visit Venice, lake Garda, Florence, Siena, Rome, possibly Pompei and the Amalfi coast but understand that we will probably not be able to visit all of these destinations within our timeframe.
We haven't set a budget yet however would like the final figure to range between £3000-£4000. We would ideally like to travel by Train/Plane and will be leaving from the UK (South West).
Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of a realistic travel plan including places to go/avoid, time spent in each destination, hotels/B+Bs to stay in, how to transfer between locations?
Thanks in advance
Dan and Holly
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 2 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 7 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 17 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip