I'm working on the itinerary for our honeymoon to Italy this June. I've been reading so much the past few days and I do realize time is getting critical.
It's our first time to Italy. We're a nature-loving couple, in our early 30's. Love walks, hikes, photography, the sea, coffee! and a little bit of food I suppose.
I've narrowed it down to the Italian Riviera/Liguria region and Venice. We're ok with skipping the art and history (hence Rome/Florence/Tuscany) for a later trip.
I need your help on the itinerary itself - is there enough travel time and fun time? And of course on the hotel choices and trains for transport. My fiance is a smoker, so preferably the room should have a terrace. As I understood smoking outdoors is permitted.
The budget, well we'd love to splurge a bit, but more important than the luxury room is the trip itself and what we can see & do. We're set for a max of $160/night.
The plan to arrive in Italy late June 1 or early morning June 2. We're traveling from Cairo, so what's the best route to take a train and head on to the Riviera region?
June 2 arrive in Italy
Travel by train to La Spezia or Levanto and check-in ( reco for good base hotel?)
with one international flight and a intercity train ride, I think this day is busy enough.
Explore the region, with the following:
Day trips to Cinque Terre (must do one hike and a boat trip), Genoa,
(recos please on timings and other sights more that welcome)
I was considering La Mala as our base, but I'm not sure if smoking is allowed anywhere there. It's still an option, pending their reply.
Other than that, is it a good base for trips into the region - besides CT, like Levanto, La Spezia, Genoa? The views looks awesome, but I do want to avoid the summer crowds of CT itself, so other nearby locations are very welcome.
June 6 check out & head to Venice - with two options:
either spend the day traveling by train ( 7-8 hours) and sleep in Venice
make a stop in Lake Garda for one night, and relax a bit and enjoy the view.
recos please for an overnight stay? and train route?
June 7,8 in Venice
Explore Venice and get lost
again, good choice for hotel here? Locanda Orseolo is fully booked.
June 9 check out and travel to UK!
This looks like one long post! Hope it's all clear. All tips and recommendations are welcome. Thanks a million
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 실시간카지노『RAM300。COM 』온라인카지노
- 2 카지노사이트『RAM300。COM 』바카라사이트
- 3 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 4 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 5 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 6 London 6 day itinerary
- 7 London Hotel - Different Request
- 8 Portugal rental car
- 9 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 10 Iceland trip report!
- 11 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 12 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 13 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 14 3 nights in Madrid
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 alcazar question and seville advice
- 17 Bernese Oberland
- 18 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 19 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 20 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 23 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 24 Threat Level in UK
- 25 ATM