We have an insanely limited amount of time in Scotland (5 full days) and you will think we are crazy when you see what we want to do. We will be starting from the airport - going all the way to Isle of Skye and then back to Edinburgh. This is the anticipated riouting and I need a bit of advice for where to stay the 2 nights we are away from Edinburgh.
Day 1 - drive early a.m. from airport hotel to Aviemore (overnight)
Day 2 - drive to Isle of Skye (overnight - where? )
Day 3 - drive to Edinburgh (arrive late afternoon/early evening)
Day 4 - Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 - depart for U.S. early a.m.
I would appreciate some suggestions about days 1 and 2 as far as better cities to stop in overnight. I know this is ambitious and probably crazy. Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim Card
- 2 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Transport for local Venice travel
- 5 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 6 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Borghese Gallery Question
- 11 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 12 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 19 Towns around Lucca
- 20 Cork questions
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 Italy Vacation
- 23 Stu Tower
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?