We have an insanely limited amount of time in Scotland (5 full days) and you will think we are crazy when you see what we want to do. We will be starting from the airport - going all the way to Isle of Skye and then back to Edinburgh. This is the anticipated riouting and I need a bit of advice for where to stay the 2 nights we are away from Edinburgh.
Day 1 - drive early a.m. from airport hotel to Aviemore (overnight)
Day 2 - drive to Isle of Skye (overnight - where? )
Day 3 - drive to Edinburgh (arrive late afternoon/early evening)
Day 4 - Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 - depart for U.S. early a.m.
I would appreciate some suggestions about days 1 and 2 as far as better cities to stop in overnight. I know this is ambitious and probably crazy. Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 As for use at home
- 2 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 5 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 Day trips from Uzes
- 8 Greece Experts
- 9 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 10 My First Trip to Europe...
- 11 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 12 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 13 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 14 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 15 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 16 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 17 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Madrid city centre?
- 20 Puglia
- 21 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 24 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 25 Itinerary Critique, please?