We have an insanely limited amount of time in Scotland (5 full days) and you will think we are crazy when you see what we want to do. We will be starting from the airport - going all the way to Isle of Skye and then back to Edinburgh. This is the anticipated riouting and I need a bit of advice for where to stay the 2 nights we are away from Edinburgh.
Day 1 - drive early a.m. from airport hotel to Aviemore (overnight)
Day 2 - drive to Isle of Skye (overnight - where? )
Day 3 - drive to Edinburgh (arrive late afternoon/early evening)
Day 4 - Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 - depart for U.S. early a.m.
I would appreciate some suggestions about days 1 and 2 as far as better cities to stop in overnight. I know this is ambitious and probably crazy. Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 4 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 5 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 8 Sundays in Puglia
- 9 K-Day
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 19 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Lay over time
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge