We have an insanely limited amount of time in Scotland (5 full days) and you will think we are crazy when you see what we want to do. We will be starting from the airport - going all the way to Isle of Skye and then back to Edinburgh. This is the anticipated riouting and I need a bit of advice for where to stay the 2 nights we are away from Edinburgh.
Day 1 - drive early a.m. from airport hotel to Aviemore (overnight)
Day 2 - drive to Isle of Skye (overnight - where? )
Day 3 - drive to Edinburgh (arrive late afternoon/early evening)
Day 4 - Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 - depart for U.S. early a.m.
I would appreciate some suggestions about days 1 and 2 as far as better cities to stop in overnight. I know this is ambitious and probably crazy. Any help is appreciated.
Itinerary to Isle of Skye
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 6 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 7 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 8 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 9 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 10 Day trips from Lisbon
- 11 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 12 Italian Lakes
- 13 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 14 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 17 Taormina Sicily
- 18 Raining in rome
- 19 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 20 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 23 No Pooh in Poland
- 24 New Micheline star restaurants in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain & Portugal
- 25 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights