We have an insanely limited amount of time in Scotland (5 full days) and you will think we are crazy when you see what we want to do. We will be starting from the airport - going all the way to Isle of Skye and then back to Edinburgh. This is the anticipated riouting and I need a bit of advice for where to stay the 2 nights we are away from Edinburgh.
Day 1 - drive early a.m. from airport hotel to Aviemore (overnight)
Day 2 - drive to Isle of Skye (overnight - where? )
Day 3 - drive to Edinburgh (arrive late afternoon/early evening)
Day 4 - Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 - depart for U.S. early a.m.
I would appreciate some suggestions about days 1 and 2 as far as better cities to stop in overnight. I know this is ambitious and probably crazy. Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 2 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 3 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 4 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 5 Charles Degaulle question
- 6 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 7 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 8 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 9 Iceland in July
- 10 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 11 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 12 Train rides
- 13 Pompeii luggage storage
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 italy itinerary request
- 16 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 17 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 18 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 19 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 20 Train Help
- 21 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 22 Paris gtg in October?
- 23 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 24 First time in Italy
- 25 Cancelling apartment in PARIS