We have an insanely limited amount of time in Scotland (5 full days) and you will think we are crazy when you see what we want to do. We will be starting from the airport - going all the way to Isle of Skye and then back to Edinburgh. This is the anticipated riouting and I need a bit of advice for where to stay the 2 nights we are away from Edinburgh.
Day 1 - drive early a.m. from airport hotel to Aviemore (overnight)
Day 2 - drive to Isle of Skye (overnight - where? )
Day 3 - drive to Edinburgh (arrive late afternoon/early evening)
Day 4 - Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 - depart for U.S. early a.m.
I would appreciate some suggestions about days 1 and 2 as far as better cities to stop in overnight. I know this is ambitious and probably crazy. Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 2 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 3 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 4 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 5 3 days to spend in europe
- 6 Seville in late January
- 7 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 8 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 9 20 free days of Europe
- 10 RFID Protection
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 13 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 14 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 15 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 16 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 17 Travel WiFi - France
- 18 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 19 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 20 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 21 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 24 Ireland one week
- 25 Berlin restaurant recs