My partner and I are in our early 30's and looking to travel to Europe for the first time next May/June for 5 weeks. We would love any input on our (very) rough itinerary, particularly re: if we should spend more/less time in some places or reduce the places we are visiting (and if so which ones)? Or whether we should reconsider different places all together! Any help or advice or tips would be wonderful.
Our first thoughts are :
Arrive London (5 nights)
Paris (5 nights)
Bruges/Ghent (3 nights)
Amsterdam (3 nights)
Budapest (5 nights)
Venice (3 nights)
Florence (4 nights) (day trips out to Pisa & Cinque Terre & maybe Siena if time permits)
Depart Rome (4 nights)
We would love to have Prague or Vienna in the mix but I just don't think we'll have enough time? Germany will also have to wait for another day I think.
All feedback, advice etc is completely appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 Tour groups
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 10 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 So much to do, so little time!
- 16 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 17 Baby Milk
- 18 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 23 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 24 Super Cover For Hertz
- 25 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?