My partner and I are in our early 30's and looking to travel to Europe for the first time next May/June for 5 weeks. We would love any input on our (very) rough itinerary, particularly re: if we should spend more/less time in some places or reduce the places we are visiting (and if so which ones)? Or whether we should reconsider different places all together! Any help or advice or tips would be wonderful.
Our first thoughts are :
Arrive London (5 nights)
Paris (5 nights)
Bruges/Ghent (3 nights)
Amsterdam (3 nights)
Budapest (5 nights)
Venice (3 nights)
Florence (4 nights) (day trips out to Pisa & Cinque Terre & maybe Siena if time permits)
Depart Rome (4 nights)
We would love to have Prague or Vienna in the mix but I just don't think we'll have enough time? Germany will also have to wait for another day I think.
All feedback, advice etc is completely appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday