Thanks so much in advance for any thoughts you can provide.
I am in the very early stages of planning a trip for Sept/Oct 13. We are going to visit the Cinque Terre, and then, using trains, end up in Amsterdam. We thought the first logical place to stop would be somewhere on Lake Como, but from there i am a little stumped! We are happy to make 3 or 4 stops along the way and stay 3 nights in each place. We are a couple who like a relaxed holiday, see one or two sights every day, but stroll around, enjoy the ambience and a glass of wine at other times. We are not mad tour takers, we really treat any time we get away as time to unwind, enjoy, and share each others company rather than zipping around and ticking off places.
Cant wait to hear if any one has some ideas for us
Itinerary suggestions please. Lake Como to Amsterdam
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 3 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 4 Advises for trip to Russia
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 7 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 9 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 10 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 11 Europe with young teens
- 12 First time traveler to Ireland
- 13 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 14 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 15 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 19 Prague - must see
- 20 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 23 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 24 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!