Thanks so much in advance for any thoughts you can provide.
I am in the very early stages of planning a trip for Sept/Oct 13. We are going to visit the Cinque Terre, and then, using trains, end up in Amsterdam. We thought the first logical place to stop would be somewhere on Lake Como, but from there i am a little stumped! We are happy to make 3 or 4 stops along the way and stay 3 nights in each place. We are a couple who like a relaxed holiday, see one or two sights every day, but stroll around, enjoy the ambience and a glass of wine at other times. We are not mad tour takers, we really treat any time we get away as time to unwind, enjoy, and share each others company rather than zipping around and ticking off places.
Cant wait to hear if any one has some ideas for us
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 3 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 4 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 5 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 6 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 7 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 8 My 60th birthday surprises
- 9 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 10 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 11 Help with first time trip with family
- 12 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 13 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 14 Verona or Athens?
- 15 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 16 Spain car rental questions
- 17 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 18 Basque country ideas
- 19 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 20 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 23 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow