We are taking our two teens to Europe for their first visit. I'd appreciate help in planning out our time in London. Daughter is 15, son is 18. I booked flights before settling on an itinerary (foolish, I know, but it was a last-minute decision)... so we fly in and out of London.
Aside from seeing the typical landmarks, I think the kids will be interested in the British Music Experience. I'm collecting quirky ideas like visiting the Chin Chin Laboratorists, a liquid nitrogen ice cream parlour.
Sun June 9 ... arrive at LHR around noon. Take a car service to Twickenham whereupon we'll check into our "holiday chalet" on Eel Pie Island (the only inhabited island in the Thames.) Decompress from the flight and stock up on provisions.
Monday 10th ... Hampton Court Palace? perhaps another similar location out west?
Wednesday 12th ...tour to Stonehenge/Salisbury
Thursday 13... drop off luggage near St. Pancras station; we depart the Eurostar at 4 pm. What to do in the morning?
Monday 1 July ... arriving back at LHR at 3:00 pm, car service to our apartment across the street from the Tower of London (!!!)
Wednesday 3 July ... depart for LHR.
Thanks in advance for recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 2 Hilton CPH no loner
- 3 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 4 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 5 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 6 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 7 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 8 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 9 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 10 Wedding in Finland
- 11 travel around Spain
- 12 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 13 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 17 Cornwall UK
- 18 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 19 French Wedding
- 20 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 23 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 24 I may be wrong....
- 25 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
Itinerary Suggestions: London for a family of 4 with two teens