We are taking our two teens to Europe for their first visit. I'd appreciate help in planning out our time in London. Daughter is 15, son is 18. I booked flights before settling on an itinerary (foolish, I know, but it was a last-minute decision)... so we fly in and out of London.
Aside from seeing the typical landmarks, I think the kids will be interested in the British Music Experience. I'm collecting quirky ideas like visiting the Chin Chin Laboratorists, a liquid nitrogen ice cream parlour.
Sun June 9 ... arrive at LHR around noon. Take a car service to Twickenham whereupon we'll check into our "holiday chalet" on Eel Pie Island (the only inhabited island in the Thames.) Decompress from the flight and stock up on provisions.
Monday 10th ... Hampton Court Palace? perhaps another similar location out west?
Wednesday 12th ...tour to Stonehenge/Salisbury
Thursday 13... drop off luggage near St. Pancras station; we depart the Eurostar at 4 pm. What to do in the morning?
Monday 1 July ... arriving back at LHR at 3:00 pm, car service to our apartment across the street from the Tower of London (!!!)
Wednesday 3 July ... depart for LHR.
Thanks in advance for recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Greek fuel cost
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 14 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Day trips from Florence
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
Itinerary Suggestions: London for a family of 4 with two teens