We are taking our two teens to Europe for their first visit. I'd appreciate help in planning out our time in London. Daughter is 15, son is 18. I booked flights before settling on an itinerary (foolish, I know, but it was a last-minute decision)... so we fly in and out of London.
Aside from seeing the typical landmarks, I think the kids will be interested in the British Music Experience. I'm collecting quirky ideas like visiting the Chin Chin Laboratorists, a liquid nitrogen ice cream parlour.
Sun June 9 ... arrive at LHR around noon. Take a car service to Twickenham whereupon we'll check into our "holiday chalet" on Eel Pie Island (the only inhabited island in the Thames.) Decompress from the flight and stock up on provisions.
Monday 10th ... Hampton Court Palace? perhaps another similar location out west?
Wednesday 12th ...tour to Stonehenge/Salisbury
Thursday 13... drop off luggage near St. Pancras station; we depart the Eurostar at 4 pm. What to do in the morning?
Monday 1 July ... arriving back at LHR at 3:00 pm, car service to our apartment across the street from the Tower of London (!!!)
Wednesday 3 July ... depart for LHR.
Thanks in advance for recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 5 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 6 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 7 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 8 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 9 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 10 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 11 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 12 Salamanca Spain - stay in town or nearby?
- 13 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Nice/Monaco Train Question
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 base for Andalucia
- 22 Coastal Denmark
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 25 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
Itinerary Suggestions: London for a family of 4 with two teens