We are taking our two teens to Europe for their first visit. I'd appreciate help in planning out our time in London. Daughter is 15, son is 18. I booked flights before settling on an itinerary (foolish, I know, but it was a last-minute decision)... so we fly in and out of London.
Aside from seeing the typical landmarks, I think the kids will be interested in the British Music Experience. I'm collecting quirky ideas like visiting the Chin Chin Laboratorists, a liquid nitrogen ice cream parlour.
Sun June 9 ... arrive at LHR around noon. Take a car service to Twickenham whereupon we'll check into our "holiday chalet" on Eel Pie Island (the only inhabited island in the Thames.) Decompress from the flight and stock up on provisions.
Monday 10th ... Hampton Court Palace? perhaps another similar location out west?
Wednesday 12th ...tour to Stonehenge/Salisbury
Thursday 13... drop off luggage near St. Pancras station; we depart the Eurostar at 4 pm. What to do in the morning?
Monday 1 July ... arriving back at LHR at 3:00 pm, car service to our apartment across the street from the Tower of London (!!!)
Wednesday 3 July ... depart for LHR.
Thanks in advance for recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ HP TEC*h care 24/7
- 2 San Sebastián
- 3 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 4 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 5 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Planning A trip
- 15 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 18 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 19 Castle Stays in Wales
- 20 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 21 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 22 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 23 Can parking
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
Itinerary Suggestions: London for a family of 4 with two teens