I am currently in Granada for another 2 nights. I am thinking of going to Malaga and/or Neja afterwards for a couple of days.
I want to make my way to Lisbon and I am wondering where should I stop along my way there?
I have heard about Aljezur and Lagos, I am looking for great beaches and food, preferably not too resort style, preferably beaches where I can still feel like I am in Spain or Portugal and not any beaches in the world because of tourists who have no interest in the culture of the country they are in, I am trying to avoid places that are like Cancun or Ibiza for instance.
I do not speak any Portuguese or Spanish, I do speak French and I have learned a few sentences in Spanish.
What would be your suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain - day driver advice
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Stuck in Paris
- 4 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Greece
- 7 Ex-pats with young kids
- 8 Iceland france spain
- 9 Ludwig Castles
- 10 Renting a car in Greece
- 11 Help on ancient history route
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 London with Teens Trip Report
- 14 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 15 Paris hotel
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Spanish food - not that special?
- 18 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 19 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 20 Maximizing Norway time
- 21 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 22 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 23 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 southeast sicily town as home base