We are taking the train from Prague to Venice in July and have 3 extra nights/2 days to spend somewhere en route. I thought we would stop in Salzburg as I wanted to do the "Sound of Music Tour". However, after reading some threads on Austria it sounds as though people were often encouraged to skip Salzburg in favor of Vienna or other places.
Now I'm not so sure of my itinerary. Any suggestions for a family of four (including a 16 year old boy and a 6 year old girl).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 Baby Milk
- 3 Tour groups
- 4 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 French restaurants
- 8 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 13 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 14 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon