We are taking the train from Prague to Venice in July and have 3 extra nights/2 days to spend somewhere en route. I thought we would stop in Salzburg as I wanted to do the "Sound of Music Tour". However, after reading some threads on Austria it sounds as though people were often encouraged to skip Salzburg in favor of Vienna or other places.
Now I'm not so sure of my itinerary. Any suggestions for a family of four (including a 16 year old boy and a 6 year old girl).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 Is European democracy better than US democracy?
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 9 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Tracking the Weather
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 2 weeks in the Balkans
- 14 Spain: train/rental car help
- 15 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 16 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 17 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 18 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 19 Alsace to Austria?
- 20 UK in May and June
- 21 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Bath/Cotswolds
- 25 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport