We are taking the train from Prague to Venice in July and have 3 extra nights/2 days to spend somewhere en route. I thought we would stop in Salzburg as I wanted to do the "Sound of Music Tour". However, after reading some threads on Austria it sounds as though people were often encouraged to skip Salzburg in favor of Vienna or other places.
Now I'm not so sure of my itinerary. Any suggestions for a family of four (including a 16 year old boy and a 6 year old girl).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia and Matera
- 2 Venice hotels -- your input on the short list
- 3 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 6 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 7 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 8 Cinque Terre
- 9 Six days in Yorkshire and Derbyshire
- 10 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 11 Venice: Shopping Question
- 12 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 13 French towns in autumn
- 14 Day Trip From London
- 15 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 16 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 17 French countryside/wine country
- 18 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 19 Norway in August
- 20 Help on itineray Oslo-lillehammer--geiranger-trondheim alesund bergen-Slang
- 21 My summer in Paris
- 22 A wonderful month in France
- 23 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 24 Qustions: Europen river cruises solo
- 25 Help with honeymoon itinerary - Paris, Barcelona and South of Spain