My boyfriend and I found a wonderful little apartment in Rome and we are spending a week there at the end of June, begging of July. We would also have a couple of beach day trips to Lido di Ostia and maybe Santa Marinella.
I have done some quick research and roughly planned our 7 days in Italy. I would be very grateful if you guys tell me what you think. I used to live in Rome when I was younger but my memories have faded. My partner has never been to Rome before so I want us to explore the city off the beaten path. Thankfully, we won't be jet lagged as we live in Europe. Our flight is an are early morning one, so we won't be losing any precious time.
We are bad with strictly planned itineraries but I don't want us to not have any idea in what order it's most convenient to explore Rome.
DAY I: mainly just exploring Rome without entering the monuments.
Walk to the Colosseum, walk by the Roman Forum and look down over the ruins. Walk to the Pantheon then Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, enter both. Get a scoop of gelato and stroll toward the Spanish Steps, check out the Trevi Fountain.
DAY II: Enter the Colosseum, the Forum, and Palatine Hill. Either head straight to Piazza Navona or get back to the apartment, freshen up and then do so.
DAY III: Visit the Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica. Relax and spend the evening exploring Trastevere neighborhood, visit Basilica di Santa Maria while there.
DAY IV: Spend the day by the beach in Lido di Ostia. Evening - Aventine Hill.
DAY V: Piazza del Popolo, Santa Maria del Popolo, Villa Borghese. Evening - OPEN FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS
DAY VI: A day by the beach in Lido di Ostia. Evening - OPEN FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS
What do you guys think? I am probably missing lots of thing..I would like to add more churches to the intenerary like Church of San Luigi dei Francesi, San Giovanni in Laterano, Church of Sant'Ignazio Di Loyola, Basilica di San Clemente but I am not sure which days I should fit them in... Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help