My husband and I are traveling to Italy the first two weeks of Sept for a friends Wedding. It will be in Corvava (Dolmites) and they provide transportation after the wedding to Venice. We have already booked hotels in Florence, CT and Venice. (We go from Corvarva to Venice (just to catch transportation) to Florence to CT (1 night--free to stay somewhere) back to Venice).
We have one night where we need to find lodging as CT was booked. Are there any suggestions on a fun city to see for one night on the route from CT to Venice? I know the itinerary below isn't the greatest.. but that's where we are... If not, I suppose we will just go straight to Venice even though our current hotel doesn't have availability that night. Note: we plan to take trains, but don't mind renting a car if needed for the one day from CT to your suggestion (train then onto Venice).
Thanks for any suggestions!
August 31-Sept 5th—Corvarva
5th -Arrive in Florence (3 nights)
8th-- Arrive in CT (2 nights)
10th-- ?? (1 night)
11th - Arrive in Venice (3 nights)
14th- Leave Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Praiano
- 2 Rouen Tour Companies
- 3 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Ireland itinerary help please
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 Ronda Wine/biking
- 10 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 11 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Perugia
- 15 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 20 Areas in Milan
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 St Denis Cathedral
Itinerary Suggestion Needed One Night Stay b/w CT and Venice (not Florence)