My husband and I are traveling to Italy the first two weeks of Sept for a friends Wedding. It will be in Corvava (Dolmites) and they provide transportation after the wedding to Venice. We have already booked hotels in Florence, CT and Venice. (We go from Corvarva to Venice (just to catch transportation) to Florence to CT (1 night--free to stay somewhere) back to Venice).
We have one night where we need to find lodging as CT was booked. Are there any suggestions on a fun city to see for one night on the route from CT to Venice? I know the itinerary below isn't the greatest.. but that's where we are... If not, I suppose we will just go straight to Venice even though our current hotel doesn't have availability that night. Note: we plan to take trains, but don't mind renting a car if needed for the one day from CT to your suggestion (train then onto Venice).
Thanks for any suggestions!
August 31-Sept 5th—Corvarva
5th -Arrive in Florence (3 nights)
8th-- Arrive in CT (2 nights)
10th-- ?? (1 night)
11th - Arrive in Venice (3 nights)
14th- Leave Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 Tour groups
- 4 So much to do, so little time!
- 5 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Baby Milk
- 8 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 French restaurants
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 14 Driving in Italy?
- 15 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 16 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 17 Super Cover For Hertz
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 20 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Hotel in Vienna
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik
Itinerary Suggestion Needed One Night Stay b/w CT and Venice (not Florence)