We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 6 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 7 Italy in January?
- 8 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 9 Recommendations
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Paris- restaurant
- 12 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 13 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 14 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 15 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 16 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 17 Iceland car rental agencies
- 18 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 19 Happy birthday ATM
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 23 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome