We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 3 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 4 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 5 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 6 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 7 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 13 Iceland Day 5
- 14 Holland/France/Spain
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 17 Montenegro in September
- 18 3 week stay in Scotland
- 19 Paris, France
- 20 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 21 sfo to europe
- 22 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 25 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome