We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in France
- 2 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 3 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 4 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 8 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 9 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 10 Fresh juice intoxication at Sunny Beach
- 11 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 12 Prague hotels
- 13 Portugal itinerary help
- 14 Munich
- 15 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 19 London - Apartment Rental companies
- 20 Puglia or La Langhe
- 21 What to expect over Christmas
- 22 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 23 English Countryside
- 24 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 25 Italy/Greece with kids
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome