We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Timing a river cruise
- 2 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 3 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 4 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 5 We Need a Pact
- 6 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 7 I need a haircut
- 8 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 9 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 10 Tipping in Greece
- 11 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 12 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 13 Honeymooning in Europe
- 14 Southern France
- 15 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 16 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 17 Spain tips beyond safety
- 18 Small group for Colosseum
- 19 American electrical gadgets
- 20 Arc de Triumph Question
- 21 flea markets in France
- 22 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 23 Eating in France-two new books
- 24 Monet in Normandy
- 25 100 Great things to do in Paris