We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 2 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 3 Naples
- 4 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 5 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 6 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 7 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 8 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 9 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 10 Netflix and Hulu
- 11 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 12 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 13 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 14 Amalfi October 16-25
- 15 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 16 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 17 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 18 Germany in 7 days
- 19 Paris hotels
- 20 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 21 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 22 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 23 Aldeburgh to London-where to drop off rental car and pick up train?
- 24 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome