We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 7 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 8 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 9 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 10 Help with England/Wales tour
- 11 Spain and Portugal return
- 12 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 13 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 14 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 15 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 16 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 17 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 18 Question on France travel
- 19 Cruise the River Shannon
- 20 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 21 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 22 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 23 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 24 Autumn in Paris
- 25 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens