We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 UK in May and June
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 4 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 5 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 6 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 7 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 Spain: train/rental car help
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 14 Budapest Card
- 15 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 16 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 17 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 18 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Bath/Cotswolds
- 22 Shorts in South of France?
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 25 base for Andalucia
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome