We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV
- 2 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 7 Germany train help!
- 8 Train help for Prague
- 9 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 Athens
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Transportation from Brno train station
- 15 Budapest & Prague
- 16 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 17 Swiss Travel Pass
- 18 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 19 10 days in Paris and......
- 20 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 21 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Paris day trips August
- 24 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 25 Petrol in Greece
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome