We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 2 Ste Remy France
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Transportation in Barcelona
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Europe in 21 days
- 9 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 13 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 17 5am arrival in Dublin
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 20 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 21 destination wedding
- 22 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 23 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 24 10 Hours in Brussels
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium