We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 3 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 4 cell phone companys
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 7 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 8 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 9 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 10 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 11 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 12 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 13 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 14 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 15 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 16 Affordable French language course in France?
- 17 Budapest on a budget
- 18 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 19 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 20 Italy in October
- 21 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 22 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 23 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 24 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 25 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome