We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 2 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 3 Granada
- 4 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 5 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 6 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 7 22 year olds in Europe
- 8 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 9 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 10 Coffee in Naples
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 A Sardinia trip report
- 13 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 14 First time Ireland trip
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 Eastern Europe
- 24 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 25 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London