We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car insurance italy
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 5 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 6 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 9 auto europa or auto europe?
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome