We are hoping to visit Italy during the dates above in winter 2013. (Mother and two kids 18&22). Landing in Milan Dec 23. Departing Rome Jan 5.
I was thinking of spending week 1 in the north and week 2 in Rome and its surrounds. New years Eve in Rome. Christmas day/Boxing day in Venice.
What is a suggested itinerary ? We will have to travel by train. Interested in picturesque old world places. Sightseeing, a bit of shopping, restaurants, and absorbing the surrounds and culture.
I was thinking .....
Milan 1 night
Verona 2 nights
Venice 2 nights
Florence 3 nights
Rome 5 nights
Thought of side trips to Ravenna, Bologna whilst in the north. And any other suggested places from Rome.
Any suggestions / changes to the above most welcome considering the dates include public holidays over christmas etc.
Itinerary suggestion - Italy Dec 23-Jan 5 start Milan end Rome
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 12 Belgium
- 13 Navigo Decouverte
- 14 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 15 days in Europe,
- 20 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 23 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 24 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time