Thank you in advance!!!
I have been to Florence twice (one as a teen, once in my 20s), for single day trips, and regrettably can only spend that amount of time again before we begin a bike tour in Tuscany. I have "seen" highlights, but never been able to feel an appreciation for the city. I'm doing more reading about it this trip, and hoping to --in one day-- see the sights and get a sense of the vibe and people. Maybe this is unrealistic -- someday I will return!
My party of 4 adults (50ish) arrives in Florence about 2 pm (this Thursday!) to our hotel on Via Tournabuoni; we depart Florence Friday at noon. I have cobbled together a draft walking itinerary (using for the first time a mapping/itinerary building website called Visitacity), that I would love your expert input on. We would not have more than 1 hours time at each (except the Uffizi on Friday morning)-- too ambitious?
From Via Tournabuoni, walk to:
1. Piazza del Duomo
2. Florence Cathedral
3. Galleria Accademia to see the real David (assume advance puchase of tickets)
4. Piazza della Signoria
5. Ponte vecchio
6. Palazzo Pitti
7. Piazzale Michelangelo (aiming for sunset!)
8. Dinner and return to hotel.
8:15 tickets to the Uffizi
And, if you have recommendations for a single local favorite restaurant (aka not tourist trap) somewhere between Piazzale Michelangelo and Via Tuornabuoni, I would be grateful. We are foodies, but not big meat-eaters; of course I have read about the Florentine bistecca alla fiorentina but not sure if it's a must do.
Again, thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Madrird and Seville
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
Thank you in advance!!!