Thank you in advance!!!
I have been to Florence twice (one as a teen, once in my 20s), for single day trips, and regrettably can only spend that amount of time again before we begin a bike tour in Tuscany. I have "seen" highlights, but never been able to feel an appreciation for the city. I'm doing more reading about it this trip, and hoping to --in one day-- see the sights and get a sense of the vibe and people. Maybe this is unrealistic -- someday I will return!
My party of 4 adults (50ish) arrives in Florence about 2 pm (this Thursday!) to our hotel on Via Tournabuoni; we depart Florence Friday at noon. I have cobbled together a draft walking itinerary (using for the first time a mapping/itinerary building website called Visitacity), that I would love your expert input on. We would not have more than 1 hours time at each (except the Uffizi on Friday morning)-- too ambitious?
From Via Tournabuoni, walk to:
1. Piazza del Duomo
2. Florence Cathedral
3. Galleria Accademia to see the real David (assume advance puchase of tickets)
4. Piazza della Signoria
5. Ponte vecchio
6. Palazzo Pitti
7. Piazzale Michelangelo (aiming for sunset!)
8. Dinner and return to hotel.
8:15 tickets to the Uffizi
And, if you have recommendations for a single local favorite restaurant (aka not tourist trap) somewhere between Piazzale Michelangelo and Via Tuornabuoni, I would be grateful. We are foodies, but not big meat-eaters; of course I have read about the Florentine bistecca alla fiorentina but not sure if it's a must do.
Again, thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 LONDON - New Years Eve
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 12 Trek through Eur
- 13 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Roma Pass
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 London Hotels
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
Thank you in advance!!!