Thank you in advance!!!
I have been to Florence twice (one as a teen, once in my 20s), for single day trips, and regrettably can only spend that amount of time again before we begin a bike tour in Tuscany. I have "seen" highlights, but never been able to feel an appreciation for the city. I'm doing more reading about it this trip, and hoping to --in one day-- see the sights and get a sense of the vibe and people. Maybe this is unrealistic -- someday I will return!
My party of 4 adults (50ish) arrives in Florence about 2 pm (this Thursday!) to our hotel on Via Tournabuoni; we depart Florence Friday at noon. I have cobbled together a draft walking itinerary (using for the first time a mapping/itinerary building website called Visitacity), that I would love your expert input on. We would not have more than 1 hours time at each (except the Uffizi on Friday morning)-- too ambitious?
From Via Tournabuoni, walk to:
1. Piazza del Duomo
2. Florence Cathedral
3. Galleria Accademia to see the real David (assume advance puchase of tickets)
4. Piazza della Signoria
5. Ponte vecchio
6. Palazzo Pitti
7. Piazzale Michelangelo (aiming for sunset!)
8. Dinner and return to hotel.
8:15 tickets to the Uffizi
And, if you have recommendations for a single local favorite restaurant (aka not tourist trap) somewhere between Piazzale Michelangelo and Via Tuornabuoni, I would be grateful. We are foodies, but not big meat-eaters; of course I have read about the Florentine bistecca alla fiorentina but not sure if it's a must do.
Again, thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary
Thank you in advance!!!