Thank you in advance!!!
I have been to Florence twice (one as a teen, once in my 20s), for single day trips, and regrettably can only spend that amount of time again before we begin a bike tour in Tuscany. I have "seen" highlights, but never been able to feel an appreciation for the city. I'm doing more reading about it this trip, and hoping to --in one day-- see the sights and get a sense of the vibe and people. Maybe this is unrealistic -- someday I will return!
My party of 4 adults (50ish) arrives in Florence about 2 pm (this Thursday!) to our hotel on Via Tournabuoni; we depart Florence Friday at noon. I have cobbled together a draft walking itinerary (using for the first time a mapping/itinerary building website called Visitacity), that I would love your expert input on. We would not have more than 1 hours time at each (except the Uffizi on Friday morning)-- too ambitious?
From Via Tournabuoni, walk to:
1. Piazza del Duomo
2. Florence Cathedral
3. Galleria Accademia to see the real David (assume advance puchase of tickets)
4. Piazza della Signoria
5. Ponte vecchio
6. Palazzo Pitti
7. Piazzale Michelangelo (aiming for sunset!)
8. Dinner and return to hotel.
8:15 tickets to the Uffizi
And, if you have recommendations for a single local favorite restaurant (aka not tourist trap) somewhere between Piazzale Michelangelo and Via Tuornabuoni, I would be grateful. We are foodies, but not big meat-eaters; of course I have read about the Florentine bistecca alla fiorentina but not sure if it's a must do.
Again, thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
Thank you in advance!!!