I will be travelling to Stockholm for 10 days in mid-May to visit a friend.
Since it would be my first trip to any of the Scandinavian countries and of course, first time to Sweden, I want to take the opportunity to travel a bit around as well. I am an architect by profession, so I get easily charmed by buildings, both modern and ancient/old alike. I also love history and culture.
I have been looking into travelling in and around Sweden and I have been struggling with the choice between Helsinki and Tallinn. I have about two days at hand to make a small detour from Sweden. What's your recommendation? I am open to any other places as well.
Thanks in advance for your advice! Please also let me know if there's anything I absolutely shouldn't miss while I'm in Stockholm. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 3 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 4 A week in Croatia with kids
- 5 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece