I will be travelling to Stockholm for 10 days in mid-May to visit a friend.
Since it would be my first trip to any of the Scandinavian countries and of course, first time to Sweden, I want to take the opportunity to travel a bit around as well. I am an architect by profession, so I get easily charmed by buildings, both modern and ancient/old alike. I also love history and culture.
I have been looking into travelling in and around Sweden and I have been struggling with the choice between Helsinki and Tallinn. I have about two days at hand to make a small detour from Sweden. What's your recommendation? I am open to any other places as well.
Thanks in advance for your advice! Please also let me know if there's anything I absolutely shouldn't miss while I'm in Stockholm. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona
- 2 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 3 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 4 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 12 First time in London
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Greek fuel cost
- 15 VRBO South Kensington
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 Vacation
- 18 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 19 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 20 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 23 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 24 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 25 Audio Walking Tour in London