I will be travelling to Stockholm for 10 days in mid-May to visit a friend.
Since it would be my first trip to any of the Scandinavian countries and of course, first time to Sweden, I want to take the opportunity to travel a bit around as well. I am an architect by profession, so I get easily charmed by buildings, both modern and ancient/old alike. I also love history and culture.
I have been looking into travelling in and around Sweden and I have been struggling with the choice between Helsinki and Tallinn. I have about two days at hand to make a small detour from Sweden. What's your recommendation? I am open to any other places as well.
Thanks in advance for your advice! Please also let me know if there's anything I absolutely shouldn't miss while I'm in Stockholm. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice