I will be travelling to Stockholm for 10 days in mid-May to visit a friend.
Since it would be my first trip to any of the Scandinavian countries and of course, first time to Sweden, I want to take the opportunity to travel a bit around as well. I am an architect by profession, so I get easily charmed by buildings, both modern and ancient/old alike. I also love history and culture.
I have been looking into travelling in and around Sweden and I have been struggling with the choice between Helsinki and Tallinn. I have about two days at hand to make a small detour from Sweden. What's your recommendation? I am open to any other places as well.
Thanks in advance for your advice! Please also let me know if there's anything I absolutely shouldn't miss while I'm in Stockholm. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 road trip through scotland
- 5 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 8 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Alsace to Austria?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 21 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 22 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 23 barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 25 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track