I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 3 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 4 Greece Itinerary
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 9 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 10 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 11 Barcelona Car rental return
- 12 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 13 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 14 All of Spain or something else..?
- 15 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 16 Madrid city centre?
- 17 Greece Experts
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 19 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 20 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 21 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 22 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 23 gare de nord
- 24 BIKE AND BARGE
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid