I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Itinerary recommendations for 8 full days in Italy?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 6 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 11 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 12 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 13 train to Vernon France
- 14 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 15 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 22 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 23 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 please help with itinerary in sicily