I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 day trip from Nice
- 2 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 3 20 free days of Europe
- 4 Girona and Besalau
- 5 3 nights in Paris
- 6 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 7 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 8 Scotland November 2015
- 9 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 10 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 11 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 12 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 13 Greece in 15 Days
- 14 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 15 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 16 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 17 Travel WiFi - France
- 18 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 19 Help with itinerary
- 20 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 21 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 22 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 23 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 24 Planning Advice!
- 25 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?