I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 2 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 3 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 6 Chamonix to Paris
- 7 Scotland and London 21 days
- 8 Rome to venice
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 11 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 12 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 13 Rome-Itinerary
- 14 Ireland itinerary help please
- 15 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 16 help with Italy itinerary
- 17 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 18 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 19 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 20 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 23 Praiana to Positano
- 24 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 25 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please