I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sienna with kids
- 2 12 nights in Greek islands
- 3 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 4 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 5 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 6 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 7 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 8 Paris food tours?
- 9 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 10 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 11 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 12 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 13 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 14 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 15 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 16 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 17 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 18 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 19 Classical Music in Milan
- 20 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 21 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 22 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 23 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 24 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 25 Pousadas in Portugal