I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Itinerary recommendations for 8 full days in Italy?
- 1 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 2 En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
- 3 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 4 Norway experts needed.
- 5 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 6 Heathrow to Limehouse
- 7 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 8 Train from Munich to Vienna
- 9 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 10 Traveling solo through France and the UK
- 11 Munich Salzburg Vienna Prague
- 12 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Should we stop in Basel on our way to Zurich.
- 15 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 16 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 17 help! any info on Villa Flamenco in Nerja?
- 18 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 19 Montepulciano faves
- 20 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 21 Eurostar Italy train to Florence fro Milan's Malpensa Airport
- 22 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 23 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 24 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 25 Armagh City a good place to stay for a night on way from Antrim to Dublin?