I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Itinerary recommendations for 8 full days in Italy?
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 7 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 8 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 9 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Apartments in Rome
- 12 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 13 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 19 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 22 first european holiday itinery
- 23 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Car in Prague