I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 2 T Mobile Does it Again
- 3 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 4 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 5 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 6 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 7 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 8 Seville Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 14 Italy by car
- 15 Florence 2 weeks
- 16 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 17 Santorini
- 18 One in Paris ... help
- 19 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 20 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 21 Which order should I travel
- 22 Which order should I travel
- 23 Which order should I travel
- 24 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 25 Train questions for Switzerland