I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Itinerary recommendations for 8 full days in Italy?
- 1 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 2 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 3 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 4 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 5 Don't slight Bruges
- 6 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 7 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 8 jungfraujoch mid june
- 9 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 10 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 11 Please help with 4 day itinerary!!
- 12 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 13 please HELP--so confused!!
- 14 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 15 Paris trip report
- 16 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 17 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 18 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 19 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 20 Cuenca or Toledo
- 21 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 22 Athens licensed tour guide
- 23 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 24 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 25 Converting to EUROs