I'm new here. I've just booked my flights for the last week of March. I'm flying into Venice and out of Rome. I'd love some recommendations for itineraries that suit my interests. We will have 8 full days plus a half day on our day of arrival (landing in Venice @ 2pm). We were thinking Venice -> Florence and/or Surrounding Tuscany Region -> Rome.
Note: I'm not super stressed about seeing the "famous sights" and/or every single historical museum. Please don't ask me why. The colosseum seems cool and all but it doesn't get me that excited. I would be miserable and bored waiting in a line for a museum or sight everyday-- seeing one is fine, seeing all of them isn't necessary for me. I'd love to try and see a more authentic side ( and yes I understand that I am visiting highly touristy and visited areas....I fear I will get myself in trouble for saying this so please--don't jump down my throat, thanks). What I mean is that I am from NYC and I generally am more fascinated by natural landscape, food, culture, and historic architecture-- things that will make me feel like I am actually in a different place. I want to walk around, eat a lot of food, and visit local shops.
I've considered bypassing Rome other than the one night stayover before our flight (also because it will be Easter weekend and I've heard it will be a crazy time) and trying to see some more southern areas...but that seems like it might be a stretch.
Thoughts and recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아우디A8✎≡▶【 E100.ZE。AM 】◀≡✎아우디A8
- 2 밤문화사이트┏之】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【之┓밤문화사이트
- 3 실시간배당∽✐∽┤《 E100.ZE。AM 》∽✐∽실시간배당
- 4 마닐라골프┏网】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【网┓마닐라골프
- 5 실시간마종✄≡▶【 E100.ZE。AM 】◀≡✄실시간마
- 6 강남안마방추천┏强】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【强┓강남안마방추천
- 7 신용대출∽❤∽┤《 E100.ZE。AM 》∽❤∽신용대출
- 8 강남룸싸롱추천┏皇】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【皇┓강남룸싸롱추천
- 9 강남텐프로추천┏友】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【友┓강남텐프로추천
- 10 슬롯머신☏≡▶【 E100.ZE。AM 】◀≡☏슬롯머신
- 11 소액대출∽✉∽┤《 E100.ZE。AM 》∽✉∽소액대출
- 12 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 15 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 16 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 17 Killarney
- 18 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 19 Ireland itinerary help please
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 23 Rome-Itinerary
- 24 Italy bus or train
- 25 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter