This is my first time posting on the boards. I have noticed that many of you have given great advice to travellers! So, in saying that, I have read that it is best to stay longer in certain areas to get a better feel of the area.
My wife and I are planning on travelling to Europe sometime in the near future for two months (likely May and June). We are both in our mid-20s. We will be backpacking and will be flying from Canada to England likely as a starting point. I would like to know if there are any redundancies in our trip and if some places we should stay longer (I know, I know! I'd stay in one place for a month if we could, but we do want too see Europe). We understand that we need to focus our trip so that we do not get bogged down travelling on trains and buses, ultimately draining our energy. We also want to balance that with seeing as much as possible without feeing exhausted.
We are mostly interested in history, and going to places off the beaten path. Not terribly interested in spending our travel dollars on nights out at bars. It is our first trip, so we would like to hit a few of the larger cities as well.
(Fly into London)
London - 2
Bath - 4 (visiting family)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 2
Brussels, Belgium- 1
Ghent, Belgium- 1
Bruges, Belgium- 2
Cologne, Germany- 2
Frankfurt, Germany - 1
Heidelberg, German- 3
Rothenburg, Germany - 1
Munich, Germany - 3
Interlaken/Gimmelwald, Switzerland - 3
Venice, Italy - 2 (this is out of the way, but my wife wants to see it because we are so close and we won't be travelling to Italy for a very long time)
Salzburg, Austria - 2
Vienna, Austria - 4
Prague, Czech Republic -3
Dresden, Germany -1
Berlin, Germany 3
(Fly out from Berlin)
This totals 40 days, so we have an additional 20 days to play with. What cities should we add those extra days to?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 3 http://thebeautysystem.com/silqueskin-serum
- 4 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 5 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 8 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 9 Flamenco in Madrid
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 11 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 12 London - Home Depot
- 13 The Different Methods To Creating Attraction
- 14 This informative article brings out one distinctive
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 17 awesome website for cheap soccer jerseys
- 18 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 19 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 24 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 25 Enjoying England for a year!