This is my first time posting on the boards. I have noticed that many of you have given great advice to travellers! So, in saying that, I have read that it is best to stay longer in certain areas to get a better feel of the area.
My wife and I are planning on travelling to Europe sometime in the near future for two months (likely May and June). We are both in our mid-20s. We will be backpacking and will be flying from Canada to England likely as a starting point. I would like to know if there are any redundancies in our trip and if some places we should stay longer (I know, I know! I'd stay in one place for a month if we could, but we do want too see Europe). We understand that we need to focus our trip so that we do not get bogged down travelling on trains and buses, ultimately draining our energy. We also want to balance that with seeing as much as possible without feeing exhausted.
We are mostly interested in history, and going to places off the beaten path. Not terribly interested in spending our travel dollars on nights out at bars. It is our first trip, so we would like to hit a few of the larger cities as well.
(Fly into London)
London - 2
Bath - 4 (visiting family)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 2
Brussels, Belgium- 1
Ghent, Belgium- 1
Bruges, Belgium- 2
Cologne, Germany- 2
Frankfurt, Germany - 1
Heidelberg, German- 3
Rothenburg, Germany - 1
Munich, Germany - 3
Interlaken/Gimmelwald, Switzerland - 3
Venice, Italy - 2 (this is out of the way, but my wife wants to see it because we are so close and we won't be travelling to Italy for a very long time)
Salzburg, Austria - 2
Vienna, Austria - 4
Prague, Czech Republic -3
Dresden, Germany -1
Berlin, Germany 3
(Fly out from Berlin)
This totals 40 days, so we have an additional 20 days to play with. What cities should we add those extra days to?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 2 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 3 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 4 GPS vs Google Maps
- 5 Luggage on trains/security?
- 6 The Rain in Spain and more
- 7 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 8 powerfully robust for serving to to detoxify
- 9 London Paris
- 10 Inherent Beauty Serum: Prefect Anti-aging Formula
- 11 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 12 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 13 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 14 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 15 Where to stay and eat in Brussels?
- 16 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 17 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 18 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 19 %$ @(1800.841.6436 )$#
- 20 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 21 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 22 Spain.. suggestions please
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 London dining service charge
- 25 Scotland Question