I need help please!
Ok so this is my third trip to Europe (1999 and 2010) and the main reason for my visit is to see my brother and his family in Bratislava but we also want to have 12 days exploring something in the surrounding areas. I am having trouble working out which cities to add to this trip.
We have visited the following cities already spending an average of 5-10 days in each
London (twice), Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice , Vienna (in 1999) , Munich and Salzburg
We loved all of these but perhaps Munich the least and Italy and Paris the most. This time I have 20 days not including travelling time from Australia and I have shortlisted the following cities;
Priorities are food, photography and architecture – a few museums if they are special but our last 2 month trip was a museum fest so we want something different this time.
I have two plans so far – I do not want to shorten the time in Bratislava as this is the reason for the visit
Flying into Berlin - 3 days
Train Prague - 2 days
Train to Bratislava 7 days - Day trip to Vienna during this time and a 2 day 1 night trip to Budapest
Ljubljana - 3 days
Venice – 3 days (loved it – this time without kids!)
Milan 2 days fly home from here
Flying into Istanbul – 3 days (fly to Prague evening of 3rd day)
Fly to Prague – 2 days
Train to Bratislava 7 days – day trip to Vienna and overnight trip to Budapest in this time.
Ljubljana – 3 days
Piran – 2 days
Venice – 2 days
Milan – 1 day and then fly home – kinda not that inspired by Milan but my airline flies from there.
Is this too rushed? Is there something else that would suit us better? Should I drop a city? Any suggestions or observations appreciated. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.toptryloburn.com/testadrox/
- 2 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 3 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 4 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 5 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 8 please revew provence agenda
- 9 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 10 Small detour from Paris
- 11 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 12 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 13 http://healthyboosterspro.com/armor-adaptogenics/
- 14 Sicily or Rome
- 15 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 16 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 17 Italy
- 18 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 19 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 20 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 21 When and how to book for a trip?
- 22 Provence to Nice driving
- 23 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 24 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 25 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
Itinerary Planning help for an October trip to Central & Eastern Europe
I need help please!