I need help please!
Ok so this is my third trip to Europe (1999 and 2010) and the main reason for my visit is to see my brother and his family in Bratislava but we also want to have 12 days exploring something in the surrounding areas. I am having trouble working out which cities to add to this trip.
We have visited the following cities already spending an average of 5-10 days in each
London (twice), Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice , Vienna (in 1999) , Munich and Salzburg
We loved all of these but perhaps Munich the least and Italy and Paris the most. This time I have 20 days not including travelling time from Australia and I have shortlisted the following cities;
Priorities are food, photography and architecture – a few museums if they are special but our last 2 month trip was a museum fest so we want something different this time.
I have two plans so far – I do not want to shorten the time in Bratislava as this is the reason for the visit
Flying into Berlin - 3 days
Train Prague - 2 days
Train to Bratislava 7 days - Day trip to Vienna during this time and a 2 day 1 night trip to Budapest
Ljubljana - 3 days
Venice – 3 days (loved it – this time without kids!)
Milan 2 days fly home from here
Flying into Istanbul – 3 days (fly to Prague evening of 3rd day)
Fly to Prague – 2 days
Train to Bratislava 7 days – day trip to Vienna and overnight trip to Budapest in this time.
Ljubljana – 3 days
Piran – 2 days
Venice – 2 days
Milan – 1 day and then fly home – kinda not that inspired by Milan but my airline flies from there.
Is this too rushed? Is there something else that would suit us better? Should I drop a city? Any suggestions or observations appreciated. Thanks
Itinerary Planning help for an October trip to Central & Eastern Europe
I need help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds village base
- 2 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 3 Passport Delays
- 4 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 5 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 6 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 7 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 8 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 9 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 10 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 11 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 12 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 17 Netherlands Delta Works
- 18 Southern Italy without a Car
- 19 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 20 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 21 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 22 Hotel in Rome?
- 23 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 24 Visit to Bath and London england
- 25 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!