Me and my W2B are honeymooning in northern Italy for 17 days in july/august. We´re flying from Arlanda (Stockholm) to Pisa.
We have a frame of which we are going to proceed from.
Arrive in Pisa --> Bus directly to Florence.
Commentary: We have need to see the leaning tower. Why we choose not to spend a night in Pisa.
Spend 2-3 nights in Florence?
Rent a car / take a train. Move up to the ligurian coast.
Commentary: We have NO idea of where to go. We like beaches, good food and wine, culture and NOT crowds like in you have to step on people to get to the water while on the beach.
Laga di Como?
commentary: from what we heard, more pittoresque than lago di Garda?
Wine testings in picturesque villages?
Our rankings are as follows:
Not too much tourism showing
Not too crowded
Genereally beautiful area (isn´t it everywhere?)
Whats your take on the rent a car / take a train deal?
Itinerary, Pisa/Florence - Milano
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 10 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Granada
- 14 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Coffee in Naples
- 20 A Sardinia trip report
- 21 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth