Me and my W2B are honeymooning in northern Italy for 17 days in july/august. We´re flying from Arlanda (Stockholm) to Pisa.
We have a frame of which we are going to proceed from.
Arrive in Pisa --> Bus directly to Florence.
Commentary: We have need to see the leaning tower. Why we choose not to spend a night in Pisa.
Spend 2-3 nights in Florence?
Rent a car / take a train. Move up to the ligurian coast.
Commentary: We have NO idea of where to go. We like beaches, good food and wine, culture and NOT crowds like in you have to step on people to get to the water while on the beach.
Laga di Como?
commentary: from what we heard, more pittoresque than lago di Garda?
Wine testings in picturesque villages?
Our rankings are as follows:
Not too much tourism showing
Not too crowded
Genereally beautiful area (isn´t it everywhere?)
Whats your take on the rent a car / take a train deal?
Itinerary, Pisa/Florence - Milano
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Koper to Trieste
- 2 Trieste and Koper
- 3 Stay near Paris
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 6 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 9 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 10 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 11 Pronunciation
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Dublin Tour Companies
- 14 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 15 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 18 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 19 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 23 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 Picasso Museum-Paris