Me and my W2B are honeymooning in northern Italy for 17 days in july/august. We´re flying from Arlanda (Stockholm) to Pisa.
We have a frame of which we are going to proceed from.
Arrive in Pisa --> Bus directly to Florence.
Commentary: We have need to see the leaning tower. Why we choose not to spend a night in Pisa.
Spend 2-3 nights in Florence?
Rent a car / take a train. Move up to the ligurian coast.
Commentary: We have NO idea of where to go. We like beaches, good food and wine, culture and NOT crowds like in you have to step on people to get to the water while on the beach.
Laga di Como?
commentary: from what we heard, more pittoresque than lago di Garda?
Wine testings in picturesque villages?
Our rankings are as follows:
Not too much tourism showing
Not too crowded
Genereally beautiful area (isn´t it everywhere?)
Whats your take on the rent a car / take a train deal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 4 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 5 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 6 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 7 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Paris cooking classes
- 12 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 13 Canal du Midi
- 14 Family vacation to europe
- 15 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 16 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 17 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 18 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 19 Rental car in Menton
- 20 Italy
- 21 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 22 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 24 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 25 Barcelona and...