Me and my W2B are honeymooning in northern Italy for 17 days in july/august. We´re flying from Arlanda (Stockholm) to Pisa.
We have a frame of which we are going to proceed from.
Arrive in Pisa --> Bus directly to Florence.
Commentary: We have need to see the leaning tower. Why we choose not to spend a night in Pisa.
Spend 2-3 nights in Florence?
Rent a car / take a train. Move up to the ligurian coast.
Commentary: We have NO idea of where to go. We like beaches, good food and wine, culture and NOT crowds like in you have to step on people to get to the water while on the beach.
Laga di Como?
commentary: from what we heard, more pittoresque than lago di Garda?
Wine testings in picturesque villages?
Our rankings are as follows:
Not too much tourism showing
Not too crowded
Genereally beautiful area (isn´t it everywhere?)
Whats your take on the rent a car / take a train deal?
Itinerary, Pisa/Florence - Milano
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 3 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 4 Munich with a car?
- 5 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 6 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 7 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 8 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Day trip on the Rhine
- 16 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 17 Germany-berlin marathon
- 18 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 19 museum passes in Rome
- 20 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 23 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 24 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 25 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters