I have booked a last minute trip to Italy for the end of August and would appreciate input on the first draft of my itinerary. I will be traveling with my 15 year old daughter (who thankfully, is a great travel companion!).
Tuesday, August 23rd we fly from Boston to Rome and arrive (of course!) on 8/24
Day 1 Arrive in Rome, travel on to Venice
Day 2 Venice
Day 3 Venice
Day 4 Travel to Florence
Day 5 Florence
Day 6 Florence
Day 7 Florence
Day 8 Travel to Rome (early morning train)
Day 9 Rome
Day 10 Rome
Day 11 2:30 flight to Boston
I would like to take a day trip to Cinque Terre on one of our Florence days. I know it will be long. I have looked at other configurations to stay one night in Cinque Terre but the trains seem to be quicker from the bigger cities.
I am wondering about train travel between the major cities. For past trips to other countries, I have pre-booked all our train travel as there was quite a savings in doing so. For this trip, as I've explored postings and train sites, it seems that the suggestion is to purchase day of travel as there won't be a savings to pre-purchase. Is this true?
I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 5 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 8 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 9 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 10 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Travel in Europe
- 14 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 15 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 21 Rome to Venice
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 November in Rome
- 24 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?