I have booked a last minute trip to Italy for the end of August and would appreciate input on the first draft of my itinerary. I will be traveling with my 15 year old daughter (who thankfully, is a great travel companion!).
Tuesday, August 23rd we fly from Boston to Rome and arrive (of course!) on 8/24
Day 1 Arrive in Rome, travel on to Venice
Day 2 Venice
Day 3 Venice
Day 4 Travel to Florence
Day 5 Florence
Day 6 Florence
Day 7 Florence
Day 8 Travel to Rome (early morning train)
Day 9 Rome
Day 10 Rome
Day 11 2:30 flight to Boston
I would like to take a day trip to Cinque Terre on one of our Florence days. I know it will be long. I have looked at other configurations to stay one night in Cinque Terre but the trains seem to be quicker from the bigger cities.
I am wondering about train travel between the major cities. For past trips to other countries, I have pre-booked all our train travel as there was quite a savings in doing so. For this trip, as I've explored postings and train sites, it seems that the suggestion is to purchase day of travel as there won't be a savings to pre-purchase. Is this true?
I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 5 France Itinerary Advice
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Firt time VISA applicant
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Murren to Prague
- 19 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 20 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 23 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Le Marche Research Help