We are planning a 2 week trip to Ireland beginning August 23. We are 60 years old, and typical tourists. We are not big on museums and history, and prefer quaint towns and villages. We are starting with 3 nights in Dublin. We want to spend a few nights in Dingle and drive the Peninsula. We do not care about the Ring of Kerry, or kissing the blarney stone. First question is whether Cork and Killarney are woth much time, and if so, can we see them as day trips while staying in Dingle, or should we spend a couple of days in Cork as well? I want to avoid checking in and out of hotels as much as possible, so prefer to be settled in just a few places. After Dingle, we will spend a few days in Galway, and perhaps Connemara, before heading back to Dublin to fly home. Also, do you have any recommendations about a castle to stay in for one night? Thanks very much for your help.
Itinerary in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Italy Spending Budget
- 3 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 Nice to the luberons
- 6 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 7 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 Cotswolds first time
- 10 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 11 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 12 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Schengen rule made easy
- 15 Is using a backpack in Europe safe?
- 16 London hotel tax is 20%
- 17 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 18 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 19 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 20 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 21 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 22 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 23 Sorrento Advice Please
- 24 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 25 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??