My boyfriend and me are planning a three week trip to the UK this summer in july. We want to cover quite a lot of ground, so we are set on renting a car for the most of our trip.
I have followed a lot of the useful comments on this forum and thought up a itinerary that seems to be logical. Still, before booking everything, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for some last pieces of advice! Here is what I planned; we will land in Heathrow on July 1st and leave from Heathrow on july 21.
Arrive in London, take the train to Edinburgh
3 nights in Edinburgh, pick up car
Go to Scottish Fair, visit distillerie in Blair Atholl, sleep there
Take a long drive to Isle of sky, stay two nights
Glencoe, one night
Stirling, one night
Lake district (Keswick?) two nights
North Wales, two nights
Cotswolds (Chipping Campden), one night
Bath, one night
Salisbury, one night
Return the car at Heathrow, then four nights in London
We realise we do A LOT of driving, but we don't really mind that considering the relatively short time we have. Also, there is one night left that isn't planned yet: I would greatly appreciate some ideas on where to add it. Is there a place that is worth spending more time? I'm thinking about stopping one night in Liverpool before our stay in North Wales, thus "cutting" one long drive in two... But then maybe there are better options. We travelling from Canada, we are in our late 20s and we love hiking and historical places in general.
I thank you all in advance for your precious help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 5 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 8 Help with Ireland Trip
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Cappadocia in June
- 11 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon