My boyfriend and me are planning a three week trip to the UK this summer in july. We want to cover quite a lot of ground, so we are set on renting a car for the most of our trip.
I have followed a lot of the useful comments on this forum and thought up a itinerary that seems to be logical. Still, before booking everything, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for some last pieces of advice! Here is what I planned; we will land in Heathrow on July 1st and leave from Heathrow on july 21.
Arrive in London, take the train to Edinburgh
3 nights in Edinburgh, pick up car
Go to Scottish Fair, visit distillerie in Blair Atholl, sleep there
Take a long drive to Isle of sky, stay two nights
Glencoe, one night
Stirling, one night
Lake district (Keswick?) two nights
North Wales, two nights
Cotswolds (Chipping Campden), one night
Bath, one night
Salisbury, one night
Return the car at Heathrow, then four nights in London
We realise we do A LOT of driving, but we don't really mind that considering the relatively short time we have. Also, there is one night left that isn't planned yet: I would greatly appreciate some ideas on where to add it. Is there a place that is worth spending more time? I'm thinking about stopping one night in Liverpool before our stay in North Wales, thus "cutting" one long drive in two... But then maybe there are better options. We travelling from Canada, we are in our late 20s and we love hiking and historical places in general.
I thank you all in advance for your precious help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay in Malta
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Best Harbour Towns in Mediterranean
- 4 3 Wake-up calls
- 5 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 6 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 7 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 8 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 9 Yummy Swiss bites
- 10 Schengen visa
- 11 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 12 Sicily - my nest trip
- 13 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 14 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 15 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 16 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 17 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 18 December in Deutschland
- 19 spanish winery region(s)
- 20 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 21 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 22 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 23 Brussels for a Hen Party??? Ideas
- 24 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 25 Best International Sim Card