My boyfriend and me are planning a three week trip to the UK this summer in july. We want to cover quite a lot of ground, so we are set on renting a car for the most of our trip.
I have followed a lot of the useful comments on this forum and thought up a itinerary that seems to be logical. Still, before booking everything, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for some last pieces of advice! Here is what I planned; we will land in Heathrow on July 1st and leave from Heathrow on july 21.
Arrive in London, take the train to Edinburgh
3 nights in Edinburgh, pick up car
Go to Scottish Fair, visit distillerie in Blair Atholl, sleep there
Take a long drive to Isle of sky, stay two nights
Glencoe, one night
Stirling, one night
Lake district (Keswick?) two nights
North Wales, two nights
Cotswolds (Chipping Campden), one night
Bath, one night
Salisbury, one night
Return the car at Heathrow, then four nights in London
We realise we do A LOT of driving, but we don't really mind that considering the relatively short time we have. Also, there is one night left that isn't planned yet: I would greatly appreciate some ideas on where to add it. Is there a place that is worth spending more time? I'm thinking about stopping one night in Liverpool before our stay in North Wales, thus "cutting" one long drive in two... But then maybe there are better options. We travelling from Canada, we are in our late 20s and we love hiking and historical places in general.
I thank you all in advance for your precious help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Major quake in central Itay
- 2 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 3 French lavender and cottages
- 4 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 5 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 6 Brugge or Ghent?
- 7 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 8 One quick week -- where in France?
- 9 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 10 Budapest on a budget
- 11 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 12 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 13 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 16 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 17 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 18 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 19 Road trip from Rome to Orvieto and perugia
- 20 3 days with a Swindon base
- 21 Colosseum, roman forum and palatine ticket and tour
- 22 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 23 What Greek islands should I visit
- 24 baltic capitals
- 25 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?