I'm planning a trip to Ireland the end of May/beginning of June, and I'm attempting the epic task of making a trip around Ireland in 6 days. I know it's ambitious. I know that it'll be rushed, but there's so much to see that my overall goal is to complete the circle around Ireland if possible. I enjoy both scenery as well as culture, history, and wandering cute towns. Ideally, I'd like to keep the driving to less than 3 hours a day (except I think that doing that the day of the ring of kerry is not possible)
Given these known limitations, I'm specifically wondering:
1) Are there any destinations here that you don't think are must-see and that I can remove for time reasons?
2) Are there any days that logistically don't seem feasible?
3) Is there anything you'd recommended above/instead of any of the sites in this itinerary?
4) Are there any places/cities you'd recommend staying in rather than the ones listed (preferably somewhat close in area in order to facilitate the move around the country)
5) Is it a travesty to have essentially only one day in Dublin?
6) I think it would be fun to stay in or visit a castle somewhere along the way. Any recommendations that seem feasible in my loop?
Arrive in Dublin at 4pm, pick up rental car
Visit Kilkenney, Cashel Rock, Cork, and visit the Blarney Stone/Castle
Visit the English Market in Cork, Killarney (Muck Ross), the Ring of Kerry
Night: Adare (alternatively, stay in Tralee at the Ballyseede Castle)
Visit Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara National Park, Kylemore Abbey
Visit Aran Islands (Inis Mor)
Visit Dark Hedges (love Game of Thrones), North Antrim Coastline, Portrush, Danluce Castle, Giant's Causeway, Castle Ward (again GoT)
Visit Bru Na Boinne/Boyne Valley briefly on my way to Dublin, spend most of the day in Dublin
Depart in the early AM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bakloli HP PRINTER : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 HP 24*7
- 2 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 3 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 4 First visit to London
- 5 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 9 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 10 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 12 Help me make this possible!
- 13 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 14 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 17 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 19 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 20 London is it worth it?
- 21 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 22 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 25 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?