I'm planning a trip to Ireland the end of May/beginning of June, and I'm attempting the epic task of making a trip around Ireland in 6 days. I know it's ambitious. I know that it'll be rushed, but there's so much to see that my overall goal is to complete the circle around Ireland if possible. I enjoy both scenery as well as culture, history, and wandering cute towns. Ideally, I'd like to keep the driving to less than 3 hours a day (except I think that doing that the day of the ring of kerry is not possible)
Given these known limitations, I'm specifically wondering:
1) Are there any destinations here that you don't think are must-see and that I can remove for time reasons?
2) Are there any days that logistically don't seem feasible?
3) Is there anything you'd recommended above/instead of any of the sites in this itinerary?
4) Are there any places/cities you'd recommend staying in rather than the ones listed (preferably somewhat close in area in order to facilitate the move around the country)
5) Is it a travesty to have essentially only one day in Dublin?
6) I think it would be fun to stay in or visit a castle somewhere along the way. Any recommendations that seem feasible in my loop?
Arrive in Dublin at 4pm, pick up rental car
Visit Kilkenney, Cashel Rock, Cork, and visit the Blarney Stone/Castle
Visit the English Market in Cork, Killarney (Muck Ross), the Ring of Kerry
Night: Adare (alternatively, stay in Tralee at the Ballyseede Castle)
Visit Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara National Park, Kylemore Abbey
Visit Aran Islands (Inis Mor)
Visit Dark Hedges (love Game of Thrones), North Antrim Coastline, Portrush, Danluce Castle, Giant's Causeway, Castle Ward (again GoT)
Visit Bru Na Boinne/Boyne Valley briefly on my way to Dublin, spend most of the day in Dublin
Depart in the early AM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris day trips August
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 Acorn TV
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Germany train help!
- 10 Train help for Prague
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Athens
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Transportation from Brno train station
- 17 Budapest & Prague
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary