I'm planning a trip to Ireland the end of May/beginning of June, and I'm attempting the epic task of making a trip around Ireland in 6 days. I know it's ambitious. I know that it'll be rushed, but there's so much to see that my overall goal is to complete the circle around Ireland if possible. I enjoy both scenery as well as culture, history, and wandering cute towns. Ideally, I'd like to keep the driving to less than 3 hours a day (except I think that doing that the day of the ring of kerry is not possible)
Given these known limitations, I'm specifically wondering:
1) Are there any destinations here that you don't think are must-see and that I can remove for time reasons?
2) Are there any days that logistically don't seem feasible?
3) Is there anything you'd recommended above/instead of any of the sites in this itinerary?
4) Are there any places/cities you'd recommend staying in rather than the ones listed (preferably somewhat close in area in order to facilitate the move around the country)
5) Is it a travesty to have essentially only one day in Dublin?
6) I think it would be fun to stay in or visit a castle somewhere along the way. Any recommendations that seem feasible in my loop?
Arrive in Dublin at 4pm, pick up rental car
Visit Kilkenney, Cashel Rock, Cork, and visit the Blarney Stone/Castle
Visit the English Market in Cork, Killarney (Muck Ross), the Ring of Kerry
Night: Adare (alternatively, stay in Tralee at the Ballyseede Castle)
Visit Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara National Park, Kylemore Abbey
Visit Aran Islands (Inis Mor)
Visit Dark Hedges (love Game of Thrones), North Antrim Coastline, Portrush, Danluce Castle, Giant's Causeway, Castle Ward (again GoT)
Visit Bru Na Boinne/Boyne Valley briefly on my way to Dublin, spend most of the day in Dublin
Depart in the early AM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 cell plan ?
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 8 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 Best daypack ?
- 10 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 Best layover option
- 15 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 16 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 17 Iceland car rental agencies
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 20 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 25 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais