I'm planning a trip to Ireland the end of May/beginning of June, and I'm attempting the epic task of making a trip around Ireland in 6 days. I know it's ambitious. I know that it'll be rushed, but there's so much to see that my overall goal is to complete the circle around Ireland if possible. I enjoy both scenery as well as culture, history, and wandering cute towns. Ideally, I'd like to keep the driving to less than 3 hours a day (except I think that doing that the day of the ring of kerry is not possible)
Given these known limitations, I'm specifically wondering:
1) Are there any destinations here that you don't think are must-see and that I can remove for time reasons?
2) Are there any days that logistically don't seem feasible?
3) Is there anything you'd recommended above/instead of any of the sites in this itinerary?
4) Are there any places/cities you'd recommend staying in rather than the ones listed (preferably somewhat close in area in order to facilitate the move around the country)
5) Is it a travesty to have essentially only one day in Dublin?
6) I think it would be fun to stay in or visit a castle somewhere along the way. Any recommendations that seem feasible in my loop?
Arrive in Dublin at 4pm, pick up rental car
Visit Kilkenney, Cashel Rock, Cork, and visit the Blarney Stone/Castle
Visit the English Market in Cork, Killarney (Muck Ross), the Ring of Kerry
Night: Adare (alternatively, stay in Tralee at the Ballyseede Castle)
Visit Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara National Park, Kylemore Abbey
Visit Aran Islands (Inis Mor)
Visit Dark Hedges (love Game of Thrones), North Antrim Coastline, Portrush, Danluce Castle, Giant's Causeway, Castle Ward (again GoT)
Visit Bru Na Boinne/Boyne Valley briefly on my way to Dublin, spend most of the day in Dublin
Depart in the early AM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Budapest language lessons
- 7 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 8 Alsace to Austria?
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Private Guide in Lyon
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 Budapest Card
- 16 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?