I'm planning a trip to Ireland the end of May/beginning of June, and I'm attempting the epic task of making a trip around Ireland in 6 days. I know it's ambitious. I know that it'll be rushed, but there's so much to see that my overall goal is to complete the circle around Ireland if possible. I enjoy both scenery as well as culture, history, and wandering cute towns. Ideally, I'd like to keep the driving to less than 3 hours a day (except I think that doing that the day of the ring of kerry is not possible)
Given these known limitations, I'm specifically wondering:
1) Are there any destinations here that you don't think are must-see and that I can remove for time reasons?
2) Are there any days that logistically don't seem feasible?
3) Is there anything you'd recommended above/instead of any of the sites in this itinerary?
4) Are there any places/cities you'd recommend staying in rather than the ones listed (preferably somewhat close in area in order to facilitate the move around the country)
5) Is it a travesty to have essentially only one day in Dublin?
6) I think it would be fun to stay in or visit a castle somewhere along the way. Any recommendations that seem feasible in my loop?
Arrive in Dublin at 4pm, pick up rental car
Visit Kilkenney, Cashel Rock, Cork, and visit the Blarney Stone/Castle
Visit the English Market in Cork, Killarney (Muck Ross), the Ring of Kerry
Night: Adare (alternatively, stay in Tralee at the Ballyseede Castle)
Visit Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara National Park, Kylemore Abbey
Visit Aran Islands (Inis Mor)
Visit Dark Hedges (love Game of Thrones), North Antrim Coastline, Portrush, Danluce Castle, Giant's Causeway, Castle Ward (again GoT)
Visit Bru Na Boinne/Boyne Valley briefly on my way to Dublin, spend most of the day in Dublin
Depart in the early AM
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Paris to Italy
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 10 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?