I'm looking for some help...
My wife and I want to take a trip to Europe for our 25th anniversary late spring (May time frame). A little about our travels. Our main point of interest is Paris and Normandy. The rest of the trip is up in the air, and the main reason I'm posting. Looking for ideas. A bit about us....
healthy middle age, love to walk and explore
been to Italy 3 times, Vienna, Prague, Budapest
have driven all over Tuscany, don't mind driving
we plan on being gone for about 18 nights (give or take)
modest budget, prefer < $200 / night for lodging. We like to rent apartments
flying on miles, open jaw is no problem
We've thought about:
Paris / Barcelona trip
OR maybe a Paris / Luxembourg / Amsterdam
have also though about Zurich and/or Munich
While we are an active couple, we prefer to travel a bit slow and enjoy the moments. Don't like to stop in a city just to say we've been there. We know you can't see Paris in a couple days.
So, we are looking for some suggestions to complete our itinerary. Initial thought is 5 nights in Paris with maybe a couple in Normandy. My wife would also like to see some castles. Enjoy food, wine, architecture. Not a huge fan of museums.
My wife and I are leaning towards Barcelona. I sure don't want to drive all the way there as I would want to avoid a large rental car drop off fee. So we're looking at driving to the southern part of France taking in some smaller cities and then probably train into Barcelona.
So it would look like 5 days Paris, a couple/three in Normandy, spend a 5 days on the road, and then 5 days in Barcelona. I'm assuming I can train from Toulouse to Barcelona?
Any ideas/suggestions always welcome.
Itinerary help - where to go besides Paris
I'm looking for some help...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 5 French open
- 6 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 7 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 8 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 9 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 10 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 11 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 England and Scotland
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 tulips in the Netherland
- 17 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 18 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 19 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 20 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 21 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Azores
- 25 San Marino - The world's smallest country