I'm looking for some help...
My wife and I want to take a trip to Europe for our 25th anniversary late spring (May time frame). A little about our travels. Our main point of interest is Paris and Normandy. The rest of the trip is up in the air, and the main reason I'm posting. Looking for ideas. A bit about us....
healthy middle age, love to walk and explore
been to Italy 3 times, Vienna, Prague, Budapest
have driven all over Tuscany, don't mind driving
we plan on being gone for about 18 nights (give or take)
modest budget, prefer < $200 / night for lodging. We like to rent apartments
flying on miles, open jaw is no problem
We've thought about:
Paris / Barcelona trip
OR maybe a Paris / Luxembourg / Amsterdam
have also though about Zurich and/or Munich
While we are an active couple, we prefer to travel a bit slow and enjoy the moments. Don't like to stop in a city just to say we've been there. We know you can't see Paris in a couple days.
So, we are looking for some suggestions to complete our itinerary. Initial thought is 5 nights in Paris with maybe a couple in Normandy. My wife would also like to see some castles. Enjoy food, wine, architecture. Not a huge fan of museums.
My wife and I are leaning towards Barcelona. I sure don't want to drive all the way there as I would want to avoid a large rental car drop off fee. So we're looking at driving to the southern part of France taking in some smaller cities and then probably train into Barcelona.
So it would look like 5 days Paris, a couple/three in Normandy, spend a 5 days on the road, and then 5 days in Barcelona. I'm assuming I can train from Toulouse to Barcelona?
Any ideas/suggestions always welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ways to get from Prague to Frankfurt?
- 2 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 3 So So Excited for Greece trip!
- 4 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 5 Train/Subway Questions
- 6 Debit card usage in Norway
- 7 Stay in Florence or smaller hill town in Tuscany?
- 8 Need help in choosing a hotel in Rome for family of 4
- 9 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 10 URGENT HELP NEEDED: French Rivieria one day
- 11 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 12 Portugal - need help with planning
- 13 Suggestions Algarve beachfront hotel?
- 14 Paris Christmas Lights...Crowds?
- 15 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 16 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 17 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 18 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 19 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 20 Switzerland for Christmas 2015
- 21 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 22 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 23 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 24 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 25 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
I'm looking for some help...