I'm looking for some help...
My wife and I want to take a trip to Europe for our 25th anniversary late spring (May time frame). A little about our travels. Our main point of interest is Paris and Normandy. The rest of the trip is up in the air, and the main reason I'm posting. Looking for ideas. A bit about us....
healthy middle age, love to walk and explore
been to Italy 3 times, Vienna, Prague, Budapest
have driven all over Tuscany, don't mind driving
we plan on being gone for about 18 nights (give or take)
modest budget, prefer < $200 / night for lodging. We like to rent apartments
flying on miles, open jaw is no problem
We've thought about:
Paris / Barcelona trip
OR maybe a Paris / Luxembourg / Amsterdam
have also though about Zurich and/or Munich
While we are an active couple, we prefer to travel a bit slow and enjoy the moments. Don't like to stop in a city just to say we've been there. We know you can't see Paris in a couple days.
So, we are looking for some suggestions to complete our itinerary. Initial thought is 5 nights in Paris with maybe a couple in Normandy. My wife would also like to see some castles. Enjoy food, wine, architecture. Not a huge fan of museums.
My wife and I are leaning towards Barcelona. I sure don't want to drive all the way there as I would want to avoid a large rental car drop off fee. So we're looking at driving to the southern part of France taking in some smaller cities and then probably train into Barcelona.
So it would look like 5 days Paris, a couple/three in Normandy, spend a 5 days on the road, and then 5 days in Barcelona. I'm assuming I can train from Toulouse to Barcelona?
Any ideas/suggestions always welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sarajevo ? Mostar ? How many days?
- 2 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 3 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 4 Hotel Iturregi or Saiaz Getaria Hotel in Basque Region (Getaria)
- 5 Russia - GO or not?
- 6 stay in fuschl or St Wolfgang
- 7 Lucca Hotel Easy to get to Pisa Airport
- 8 restaurants near Grosvenor House
- 9 Best company for car hire in Padua
- 10 Advice on cell phone/options while traveling
- 11 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 12 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 13 Nine Cities in 9 months!
- 14 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 15 Traveling in Europe before a study visa in Italy
- 16 Data Sim Card
- 17 Honeymoon to Italy/France "Two for the Road"
- 18 The First Thing You Do When You Land In Paris?
- 19 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 20 Direct SL train from Stockholm's Arlanda airport to the Central Station?
- 21 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 22 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 23 Traffic ticket from Italy was paid last year and now got another!!!
- 24 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 25 Interlaken vs. Bern
I'm looking for some help...