I'm looking for some help...
My wife and I want to take a trip to Europe for our 25th anniversary late spring (May time frame). A little about our travels. Our main point of interest is Paris and Normandy. The rest of the trip is up in the air, and the main reason I'm posting. Looking for ideas. A bit about us....
healthy middle age, love to walk and explore
been to Italy 3 times, Vienna, Prague, Budapest
have driven all over Tuscany, don't mind driving
we plan on being gone for about 18 nights (give or take)
modest budget, prefer < $200 / night for lodging. We like to rent apartments
flying on miles, open jaw is no problem
We've thought about:
Paris / Barcelona trip
OR maybe a Paris / Luxembourg / Amsterdam
have also though about Zurich and/or Munich
While we are an active couple, we prefer to travel a bit slow and enjoy the moments. Don't like to stop in a city just to say we've been there. We know you can't see Paris in a couple days.
So, we are looking for some suggestions to complete our itinerary. Initial thought is 5 nights in Paris with maybe a couple in Normandy. My wife would also like to see some castles. Enjoy food, wine, architecture. Not a huge fan of museums.
My wife and I are leaning towards Barcelona. I sure don't want to drive all the way there as I would want to avoid a large rental car drop off fee. So we're looking at driving to the southern part of France taking in some smaller cities and then probably train into Barcelona.
So it would look like 5 days Paris, a couple/three in Normandy, spend a 5 days on the road, and then 5 days in Barcelona. I'm assuming I can train from Toulouse to Barcelona?
Any ideas/suggestions always welcome.
Itinerary help - where to go besides Paris
I'm looking for some help...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 3 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 4 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 5 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 6 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 10 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 15 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 16 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 17 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 18 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 21 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 22 Budget for 3 Month's
- 23 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 24 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 25 Cornwall Trip Addition