My best friend and I are going to Europe next May/June for 2 1/2 weeks to celebrate our college graduation (she's never been abroad before and I have lived in the UK last year). I am very familiar with the UK, but not the other countries on our tentative itinerary. If I could have any help with it, that would be wonderful. We both plan to go backpacking and take the train, with one exception of flying between Italy and Spain.
Note: This incorporates certain places that we're both dreaming of doing; she wants to go to Spain and coasteering in Wales, and I want to go to the Swiss Alps and geek out in Rome (I study Latin).
Day 0 - fly to Manchester, UK
1- Arrive in Manchester - travel to Holyhead, Wales, UK
2 - Holyhead (coasteering) -travel to London via train
3 - London
4 - London
5 - London - Eurostar to Paris
6 - Paris
7 - Paris
8- Paris - train to Lucerne via Basel
9 - Lucerne
10 - Lucerne - train to Rome via Zurich and Milan
11 - Rome
12 - Rome
13 - Rome
14 - Rome - flight to Barcelona
15 - Barcelona
16 -Barcelona - train to Madrid
17 - Madrid
18 - Madrid - fly home
Some things I'm trying to work out:
Swiss Alps - I'm dreaming of experiencing something like Mt. Pilatus or Mt. Rigi (possibly with some of the outdoor activities like the toboggan, zip line, or tubing, etc. We both love outdoorsy stuff). Is Lucerne the best place to do that?
Italy - We also both want to go to Florence, Venice, or the Italian countryside, but I'm not sure where to fit that in our 2 1/2 week schedule.
Spain - My friend really really wants to go to Spain, but she's not sure exactly where she wants to go. I just put Barcelona and Madrid in there because I've heard they really have different feels to them, and figured we could do mini day trips from both cities. Any suggestions?
Itinerary Help - UK, France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 3 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 4 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 5 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 6 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 7 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 8 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 9 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 10 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 11 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 12 Backpacking through Europe
- 13 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 14 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 15 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 16 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 17 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 18 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 19 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 20 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 21 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 22 ferry to Harwich
- 23 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 24 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 25 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov