My husband and I (both 30) are planning a trip to Switzerland this summer. WE have not bought our plane tickets yet so we have an option of flying into Zurich and leaving from Geneva if that makes sense for our trip.
We will be flying into Zurich.
Based on some research we have done, we would like to visit the following areas:
- Bernese Oberland
- Possibly Appenzell??
Since we are flying into Zurich, is spending a one night there enough or should we spend more time in the city? WE are not really museum goers, etc but do like the charm of an old town...
We fell in love with Switzerland for its amazing nature and beautiful scenery (lakes, mountains, etc). So the goal of this trip would be mostly to see that , explore the nature, do some hiking (if doable? ) do some boat rides and just simply take all the natural beauty Switzerland has to offer. We do enjoy dining out , so staying next to good restaurant options is a plus.
We are not sure which part should we use as a home-base to stay in the hotel... When i envision staying in Switzerland, i think of a hotel that is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges with a view of the lake but also has dining options nearby that it wont take 2 hours to get to.
Does it make sense to split the hotel stay between Bernese Oberland and Luzern or stay in a one place over another. We plan on staying at least 1 if not 2 nights in Zurich.
I would appreciate any advice and info very much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garda Land
- 2 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 7 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 8 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Dublin Leap Card
- 11 Vatican City questions
- 12 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 13 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 14 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 17 Piedmont as a destination
- 18 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 19 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 20 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 21 2 weeks Europe trip
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings