My husband and I (both 30) are planning a trip to Switzerland this summer. WE have not bought our plane tickets yet so we have an option of flying into Zurich and leaving from Geneva if that makes sense for our trip.
We will be flying into Zurich.
Based on some research we have done, we would like to visit the following areas:
- Bernese Oberland
- Possibly Appenzell??
Since we are flying into Zurich, is spending a one night there enough or should we spend more time in the city? WE are not really museum goers, etc but do like the charm of an old town...
We fell in love with Switzerland for its amazing nature and beautiful scenery (lakes, mountains, etc). So the goal of this trip would be mostly to see that , explore the nature, do some hiking (if doable? ) do some boat rides and just simply take all the natural beauty Switzerland has to offer. We do enjoy dining out , so staying next to good restaurant options is a plus.
We are not sure which part should we use as a home-base to stay in the hotel... When i envision staying in Switzerland, i think of a hotel that is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges with a view of the lake but also has dining options nearby that it wont take 2 hours to get to.
Does it make sense to split the hotel stay between Bernese Oberland and Luzern or stay in a one place over another. We plan on staying at least 1 if not 2 nights in Zurich.
I would appreciate any advice and info very much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 3 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 4 Itinery help Crete
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 11 TIM in FCO - update
- 12 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 13 Threat Level in UK
- 14 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 15 Cartagena Spain
- 16 London in Winter Report
- 17 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 18 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 22 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 23 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 24 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 25 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa