My husband and I (both 30) are planning a trip to Switzerland this summer. WE have not bought our plane tickets yet so we have an option of flying into Zurich and leaving from Geneva if that makes sense for our trip.
We will be flying into Zurich.
Based on some research we have done, we would like to visit the following areas:
- Bernese Oberland
- Possibly Appenzell??
Since we are flying into Zurich, is spending a one night there enough or should we spend more time in the city? WE are not really museum goers, etc but do like the charm of an old town...
We fell in love with Switzerland for its amazing nature and beautiful scenery (lakes, mountains, etc). So the goal of this trip would be mostly to see that , explore the nature, do some hiking (if doable? ) do some boat rides and just simply take all the natural beauty Switzerland has to offer. We do enjoy dining out , so staying next to good restaurant options is a plus.
We are not sure which part should we use as a home-base to stay in the hotel... When i envision staying in Switzerland, i think of a hotel that is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges with a view of the lake but also has dining options nearby that it wont take 2 hours to get to.
Does it make sense to split the hotel stay between Bernese Oberland and Luzern or stay in a one place over another. We plan on staying at least 1 if not 2 nights in Zurich.
I would appreciate any advice and info very much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Paris cooking classes
- 3 Andalucia itinerary help
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 10 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Rouen Tour Companies
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?