My husband and I (both 30) are planning a trip to Switzerland this summer. WE have not bought our plane tickets yet so we have an option of flying into Zurich and leaving from Geneva if that makes sense for our trip.
We will be flying into Zurich.
Based on some research we have done, we would like to visit the following areas:
- Bernese Oberland
- Possibly Appenzell??
Since we are flying into Zurich, is spending a one night there enough or should we spend more time in the city? WE are not really museum goers, etc but do like the charm of an old town...
We fell in love with Switzerland for its amazing nature and beautiful scenery (lakes, mountains, etc). So the goal of this trip would be mostly to see that , explore the nature, do some hiking (if doable? ) do some boat rides and just simply take all the natural beauty Switzerland has to offer. We do enjoy dining out , so staying next to good restaurant options is a plus.
We are not sure which part should we use as a home-base to stay in the hotel... When i envision staying in Switzerland, i think of a hotel that is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges with a view of the lake but also has dining options nearby that it wont take 2 hours to get to.
Does it make sense to split the hotel stay between Bernese Oberland and Luzern or stay in a one place over another. We plan on staying at least 1 if not 2 nights in Zurich.
I would appreciate any advice and info very much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 2 Athens
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Petrol in Greece
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 8 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 15 Train help for Prague
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Budapest & Prague
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 20 Paris day trips August
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Acorn TV
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years