My husband and I (both 30) are planning a trip to Switzerland this summer. WE have not bought our plane tickets yet so we have an option of flying into Zurich and leaving from Geneva if that makes sense for our trip.
We will be flying into Zurich.
Based on some research we have done, we would like to visit the following areas:
- Bernese Oberland
- Possibly Appenzell??
Since we are flying into Zurich, is spending a one night there enough or should we spend more time in the city? WE are not really museum goers, etc but do like the charm of an old town...
We fell in love with Switzerland for its amazing nature and beautiful scenery (lakes, mountains, etc). So the goal of this trip would be mostly to see that , explore the nature, do some hiking (if doable? ) do some boat rides and just simply take all the natural beauty Switzerland has to offer. We do enjoy dining out , so staying next to good restaurant options is a plus.
We are not sure which part should we use as a home-base to stay in the hotel... When i envision staying in Switzerland, i think of a hotel that is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges with a view of the lake but also has dining options nearby that it wont take 2 hours to get to.
Does it make sense to split the hotel stay between Bernese Oberland and Luzern or stay in a one place over another. We plan on staying at least 1 if not 2 nights in Zurich.
I would appreciate any advice and info very much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 nights in switzerland
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 4 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 5 Germany-Car or Train
- 6 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 7 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 10 Language to use in Belgium
- 11 Getting around London
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 14 WWI sites
- 15 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Paris in August
- 18 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 19 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 20 Christmas in Spain
- 21 Brussels flower tapestry
- 22 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 23 Lake Como,Italy
- 24 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 25 Valencia Spain