My hubby and myself have a trip to Switzerland/North Italy coming up in August (Aug 17-28).
We are arriving to Milan on August 18th (morning) and taking the train straight to Switzerland (Murren) and will stay there for 3 nights.
After 3rd night, we cannot decide on the following:
a) do we go straight to Venice (via flight from Zurich to Venice airport) and stay there for 4 nights and then leave for Lake Como area and spend 3 nights there and leave from there to airport for our return flight.
b) after Switzerland we go straight to Tuscany (San Gimignano) and spend 2 nights there and drive to Venice and spend 4 nights there and then leave early in the morning for our flight out of Milan on Sunday.
I looked up and it appears it takes about 3 hrs driving to get from Venice to Milan airport (Malpansa). Does not look like there are any trains that can get us there in time for our 1pm flight on Sunday so we would have to drive. If i am mistaken and someone knows of an alternative way please let me know!
We really love the idea of doing Tuscany, but not sure if we are overextending ourselves with the traveling. We do however love the adventure and dont mind driving through and stopping by some really beautiful areas/sites.
Any advice/feedback is highly appreciated!
Also, can someone answer this for me please: if we drive from Tuscany to Venice, where do we park the car before getting to Venice? Are the garages/parking lots there 24/7? Is there a ferry or boat that take you to Venice? What are the hours for that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 2 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 5 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Cordoba Overnight?
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 12 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 13 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 14 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 15 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 16 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 17 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 18 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 19 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 22 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 23 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
Itinerary help !!!!! (Switzerland / North Italy in August)