My hubby and myself have a trip to Switzerland/North Italy coming up in August (Aug 17-28).
We are arriving to Milan on August 18th (morning) and taking the train straight to Switzerland (Murren) and will stay there for 3 nights.
After 3rd night, we cannot decide on the following:
a) do we go straight to Venice (via flight from Zurich to Venice airport) and stay there for 4 nights and then leave for Lake Como area and spend 3 nights there and leave from there to airport for our return flight.
b) after Switzerland we go straight to Tuscany (San Gimignano) and spend 2 nights there and drive to Venice and spend 4 nights there and then leave early in the morning for our flight out of Milan on Sunday.
I looked up and it appears it takes about 3 hrs driving to get from Venice to Milan airport (Malpansa). Does not look like there are any trains that can get us there in time for our 1pm flight on Sunday so we would have to drive. If i am mistaken and someone knows of an alternative way please let me know!
We really love the idea of doing Tuscany, but not sure if we are overextending ourselves with the traveling. We do however love the adventure and dont mind driving through and stopping by some really beautiful areas/sites.
Any advice/feedback is highly appreciated!
Also, can someone answer this for me please: if we drive from Tuscany to Venice, where do we park the car before getting to Venice? Are the garages/parking lots there 24/7? Is there a ferry or boat that take you to Venice? What are the hours for that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Christmas Day in Granada
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre
Itinerary help !!!!! (Switzerland / North Italy in August)