My hubby and myself have a trip to Switzerland/North Italy coming up in August (Aug 17-28).
We are arriving to Milan on August 18th (morning) and taking the train straight to Switzerland (Murren) and will stay there for 3 nights.
After 3rd night, we cannot decide on the following:
a) do we go straight to Venice (via flight from Zurich to Venice airport) and stay there for 4 nights and then leave for Lake Como area and spend 3 nights there and leave from there to airport for our return flight.
b) after Switzerland we go straight to Tuscany (San Gimignano) and spend 2 nights there and drive to Venice and spend 4 nights there and then leave early in the morning for our flight out of Milan on Sunday.
I looked up and it appears it takes about 3 hrs driving to get from Venice to Milan airport (Malpansa). Does not look like there are any trains that can get us there in time for our 1pm flight on Sunday so we would have to drive. If i am mistaken and someone knows of an alternative way please let me know!
We really love the idea of doing Tuscany, but not sure if we are overextending ourselves with the traveling. We do however love the adventure and dont mind driving through and stopping by some really beautiful areas/sites.
Any advice/feedback is highly appreciated!
Also, can someone answer this for me please: if we drive from Tuscany to Venice, where do we park the car before getting to Venice? Are the garages/parking lots there 24/7? Is there a ferry or boat that take you to Venice? What are the hours for that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 2 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 France Study Abroad
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 free international phone calls
- 10 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 11 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Sicily Beach Resort
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
Itinerary help !!!!! (Switzerland / North Italy in August)