Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 2 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 3 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 4 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 5 European Championship
- 6 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 7 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 8 fear of driving in rome!
- 9 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 10 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 11 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 12 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 13 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 14 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 15 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 16 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 17 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 18 Italy trains question
- 19 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 20 Trains France/Switzerland
- 21 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 22 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 23 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 24 One in Paris ... help
- 25 Three days in Istanbul in August
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,