Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 8 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 9 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 10 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 13 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 14 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Traveling to Munich
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 24 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 25 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)