Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague & Croatia
- 2 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 3 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 4 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 5 http://rippedrxno2blastcanada.com/biocore-muscle-and-fitness/
- 6 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 7 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 8 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 9 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 10 Florence airport costumes
- 11 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 12 A few last minute questions
- 13 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 14 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 15 Gluten Free in Italy
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 20 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 21 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 22 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 23 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 24 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 25 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,