Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From London to Paris to US
- 2 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 3 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 6 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 7 Itinerary help please!
- 8 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 9 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 10 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 11 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 12 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 13 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Holiday Itinerary
- 16 Car hire
- 17 Ireland driving itinerary
- 18 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 19 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 20 Naples or Genoa
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 23 Itinerary Help!
- 24 Visiting the Black Forest
- 25 Barcelona to Morocco
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,