Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Italy museum tickets
- 3 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 7 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 8 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 13 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 14 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 15 What one thing in Paris?
- 16 Holiday in Austria
- 17 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 18 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 19 sfo to europe
- 20 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 25 Car rental leaving Rome
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,