Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/right-pick/
- 2 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Rome hotel
- 6 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 7 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 8 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 11 Seville to Cordoba
- 12 London Hotel - Different Request
- 13 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 21 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 22 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 23 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 24 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 25 Sim Cards
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,