Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are traveling to Italy in May for 13 nights. It's an extra unique trip for us because we leaving our amazing but exhausting 2 year old home with her grandparents. I am totally overwhelmed with the planning and apparently a little out of practice.
We are looking for a relaxing vacation, filled with lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, amazing eats and quaint villages. We are Museum/ Art people but don't like to overdo it. Our perfect vacation combines a mix of city and bustle along with country and nature (leaning towards more time in the later). It would be great to get off the beaten path but we don't really want to deal with tricky travel logistics. Not thrilled with the thought of driving but would consider it for a few days in Tuscany. We also love unique/ boutique accommodations (no more than 200 Euros) and would be willing to travel farther in order to find one. I have started bookmarking agriturismos.
So far, we plan to spend two night in Florence upon arrival and one night in Naples upon departure. We have 9 nights to fill and are thinking about a combo of Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi Coast or Ischia. We are also considering a 5 day self led walking/ trekking tour in one of the two locations. Right now we are planning to skip Rome; I have been before but my husband has not. Would love suggestions and help! I want to make the most of this amazing vacation--I'm not sure when our next opportunity to travel like this will be.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Madrid
- 2 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Baby Milk
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 7 Tour groups
- 8 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 9 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 10 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 11 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 12 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 18 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 19 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 22 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
Itinerary Help Requested--12 nights Tuscany or Umbria and Amalfi?
Hello fellow travelers,