I am traveling to France late June-early July for a wedding in Provence. We have lodging set up for 5 days while in Provence and will be renting a car during that time. We have a 12 month old who will traveling with us. We have been to Paris several times already, I studied in Strasbourg and lived briefly in Rouen but most other areas are new to us. We are looking for ideas for 5 nights and are open to traveling elsewhere in Europe if it is affordable and manageable to do so. It would be preferable to go to one more location and base ourselves there. We love culture, food, art, beautiful villages, architecture, lakes, mountains, swimming/wading (but not too much beach).
We fly in and out of Paris to the US.
Areas I've thought of that would be nice to visit in France include: Nice, Lyon, and Annecy.
I would love some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Self drive tour companies
- 4 Italian lakes
- 5 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 6 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 What do after Bernia Express?
- 9 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 France, UK and Ireland
- 12 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 13 French theater in Paris
- 14 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 15 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 16 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 17 Germany family road trip help!
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 20 Barcelona
- 21 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 22 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 23 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!