I am traveling to France late June-early July for a wedding in Provence. We have lodging set up for 5 days while in Provence and will be renting a car during that time. We have a 12 month old who will traveling with us. We have been to Paris several times already, I studied in Strasbourg and lived briefly in Rouen but most other areas are new to us. We are looking for ideas for 5 nights and are open to traveling elsewhere in Europe if it is affordable and manageable to do so. It would be preferable to go to one more location and base ourselves there. We love culture, food, art, beautiful villages, architecture, lakes, mountains, swimming/wading (but not too much beach).
We fly in and out of Paris to the US.
Areas I've thought of that would be nice to visit in France include: Nice, Lyon, and Annecy.
I would love some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?