I am traveling to France late June-early July for a wedding in Provence. We have lodging set up for 5 days while in Provence and will be renting a car during that time. We have a 12 month old who will traveling with us. We have been to Paris several times already, I studied in Strasbourg and lived briefly in Rouen but most other areas are new to us. We are looking for ideas for 5 nights and are open to traveling elsewhere in Europe if it is affordable and manageable to do so. It would be preferable to go to one more location and base ourselves there. We love culture, food, art, beautiful villages, architecture, lakes, mountains, swimming/wading (but not too much beach).
We fly in and out of Paris to the US.
Areas I've thought of that would be nice to visit in France include: Nice, Lyon, and Annecy.
I would love some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Viking Sites
- 2 Language to use in Belgium
- 3 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 4 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 5 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 6 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 7 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 8 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 9 Car Hire Bologna
- 10 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
- 11 San Sebastian Beaches
- 12 Skiathos 2017
- 13 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 18 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 19 Driving in Wales
- 20 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 21 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 22 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Need train ticket help for Prague
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)