I am traveling to France late June-early July for a wedding in Provence. We have lodging set up for 5 days while in Provence and will be renting a car during that time. We have a 12 month old who will traveling with us. We have been to Paris several times already, I studied in Strasbourg and lived briefly in Rouen but most other areas are new to us. We are looking for ideas for 5 nights and are open to traveling elsewhere in Europe if it is affordable and manageable to do so. It would be preferable to go to one more location and base ourselves there. We love culture, food, art, beautiful villages, architecture, lakes, mountains, swimming/wading (but not too much beach).
We fly in and out of Paris to the US.
Areas I've thought of that would be nice to visit in France include: Nice, Lyon, and Annecy.
I would love some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 3 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 7 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 10 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Acropolis Athens
- 19 Versailles
- 20 Where to enjoy Paris
- 21 Train help for Prague
- 22 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 25 driving from prague to salzburg