I am planning a trip for this May/June to Scandinavia and the Baltics - both are areas we have never been. I am hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
Our flights are booked (using points), into London, to St.Petersburg and back from Copenhagen. The two days in London are dictacted by award flight availability, however, we are always happy to visit London and find it to be a great place to get over jet-lag.
Based on the reading I have done to date, I am generally happy with this itinerary, with the exception that I am worried I might be short-changing Helsinki. I am not sure where to take the time from . . . the most obvious place might be Tallinn, but it sounds like a fascinating place and I am trying to minimize/eliminate one night stays. I also am wondering about luggage storage options in Helsinki if we do stay just for the day.
When travelling, we spend the majority of our time exploring a place on foot, stopping for informal snacks and meals and visiting museums and galleries.
Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Day 1 - Arrive London 9:00am
Day 2 - London
Day 3 - Fly to St Petersburg
Day 4 - St Petersburg
Day 5 - St Petersburg
Day 6 - St Petersburg
Day 7 - Helsinki between 6:50-8:25am train from St.P and 5:30-7:30pm boat to Tallinn
Day 8 - Tallinn
Day 9 - Tallinn, depart at 6:00pm on the night boat to Stockholm
Day 10 - Stockholm (arrive at 10:00am)
Day 11 - Stockholm
Day 12 - Stockholm
Day 13 - Train to Copenhagen 8:15-13:23 (would flying be better???)
Day 14 - Copenhagen
Day 15 - Copenhagen
Day 16 - Fly out at 2:00pm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 2 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 3 Juangfrau / mt
- 4 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 5 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 6 The highlands
- 7 Loire Valley itinerary
- 8 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 9 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 10 Should we go to Vienna?
- 11 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 12 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 13 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 16 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 17 Renting a car
- 18 February in Florence
- 19 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 20 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 21 Europe Itinerary
- 22 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 23 Naxos hotel question
- 24 written guide for Olympia
- 25 La Scala Opera Tickets