I am planning a trip for this May/June to Scandinavia and the Baltics - both are areas we have never been. I am hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
Our flights are booked (using points), into London, to St.Petersburg and back from Copenhagen. The two days in London are dictacted by award flight availability, however, we are always happy to visit London and find it to be a great place to get over jet-lag.
Based on the reading I have done to date, I am generally happy with this itinerary, with the exception that I am worried I might be short-changing Helsinki. I am not sure where to take the time from . . . the most obvious place might be Tallinn, but it sounds like a fascinating place and I am trying to minimize/eliminate one night stays. I also am wondering about luggage storage options in Helsinki if we do stay just for the day.
When travelling, we spend the majority of our time exploring a place on foot, stopping for informal snacks and meals and visiting museums and galleries.
Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Day 1 - Arrive London 9:00am
Day 2 - London
Day 3 - Fly to St Petersburg
Day 4 - St Petersburg
Day 5 - St Petersburg
Day 6 - St Petersburg
Day 7 - Helsinki between 6:50-8:25am train from St.P and 5:30-7:30pm boat to Tallinn
Day 8 - Tallinn
Day 9 - Tallinn, depart at 6:00pm on the night boat to Stockholm
Day 10 - Stockholm (arrive at 10:00am)
Day 11 - Stockholm
Day 12 - Stockholm
Day 13 - Train to Copenhagen 8:15-13:23 (would flying be better???)
Day 14 - Copenhagen
Day 15 - Copenhagen
Day 16 - Fly out at 2:00pm
Itinerary Help Please! St Petersburg to Copenhagen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 4 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 5 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 6 Southern Spain
- 7 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 8 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 9 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 10 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 11 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 12 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 13 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 14 Portugal Trip
- 15 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 18 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 19 Reputable Tours
- 20 Spain traffic tickets
- 21 Salzburg and day trips
- 22 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 23 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report