I am planning a trip for this May/June to Scandinavia and the Baltics - both are areas we have never been. I am hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
Our flights are booked (using points), into London, to St.Petersburg and back from Copenhagen. The two days in London are dictacted by award flight availability, however, we are always happy to visit London and find it to be a great place to get over jet-lag.
Based on the reading I have done to date, I am generally happy with this itinerary, with the exception that I am worried I might be short-changing Helsinki. I am not sure where to take the time from . . . the most obvious place might be Tallinn, but it sounds like a fascinating place and I am trying to minimize/eliminate one night stays. I also am wondering about luggage storage options in Helsinki if we do stay just for the day.
When travelling, we spend the majority of our time exploring a place on foot, stopping for informal snacks and meals and visiting museums and galleries.
Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Day 1 - Arrive London 9:00am
Day 2 - London
Day 3 - Fly to St Petersburg
Day 4 - St Petersburg
Day 5 - St Petersburg
Day 6 - St Petersburg
Day 7 - Helsinki between 6:50-8:25am train from St.P and 5:30-7:30pm boat to Tallinn
Day 8 - Tallinn
Day 9 - Tallinn, depart at 6:00pm on the night boat to Stockholm
Day 10 - Stockholm (arrive at 10:00am)
Day 11 - Stockholm
Day 12 - Stockholm
Day 13 - Train to Copenhagen 8:15-13:23 (would flying be better???)
Day 14 - Copenhagen
Day 15 - Copenhagen
Day 16 - Fly out at 2:00pm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 2 London best location
- 3 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 4 travel around Spain
- 5 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 8 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 9 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 Trip Report - 19 Days in Portugal
- 12 London Restaurants
- 13 Transportation Question Italy
- 14 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 15 Cinqueterre
- 16 Germany deregistration
- 17 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 18 One day in Lille, France
- 19 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 20 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 21 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 22 Corsica
- 23 CDG to Marais transfer
- 24 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 25 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar