I am planning a trip for this May/June to Scandinavia and the Baltics - both are areas we have never been. I am hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
Our flights are booked (using points), into London, to St.Petersburg and back from Copenhagen. The two days in London are dictacted by award flight availability, however, we are always happy to visit London and find it to be a great place to get over jet-lag.
Based on the reading I have done to date, I am generally happy with this itinerary, with the exception that I am worried I might be short-changing Helsinki. I am not sure where to take the time from . . . the most obvious place might be Tallinn, but it sounds like a fascinating place and I am trying to minimize/eliminate one night stays. I also am wondering about luggage storage options in Helsinki if we do stay just for the day.
When travelling, we spend the majority of our time exploring a place on foot, stopping for informal snacks and meals and visiting museums and galleries.
Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Day 1 - Arrive London 9:00am
Day 2 - London
Day 3 - Fly to St Petersburg
Day 4 - St Petersburg
Day 5 - St Petersburg
Day 6 - St Petersburg
Day 7 - Helsinki between 6:50-8:25am train from St.P and 5:30-7:30pm boat to Tallinn
Day 8 - Tallinn
Day 9 - Tallinn, depart at 6:00pm on the night boat to Stockholm
Day 10 - Stockholm (arrive at 10:00am)
Day 11 - Stockholm
Day 12 - Stockholm
Day 13 - Train to Copenhagen 8:15-13:23 (would flying be better???)
Day 14 - Copenhagen
Day 15 - Copenhagen
Day 16 - Fly out at 2:00pm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul at Easter
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 Palermo Apartment
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 8 SURPRISE TRIP
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Barcelona - places to stay
- 16 Fado in Lisbon
- 17 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 18 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 19 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 20 Moldova and Transnistria
- 21 Camogli and surrounds
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 Whistle stop family road trip
- 24 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 25 travel fan 220v?