I am planning a trip for this May/June to Scandinavia and the Baltics - both are areas we have never been. I am hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
Our flights are booked (using points), into London, to St.Petersburg and back from Copenhagen. The two days in London are dictacted by award flight availability, however, we are always happy to visit London and find it to be a great place to get over jet-lag.
Based on the reading I have done to date, I am generally happy with this itinerary, with the exception that I am worried I might be short-changing Helsinki. I am not sure where to take the time from . . . the most obvious place might be Tallinn, but it sounds like a fascinating place and I am trying to minimize/eliminate one night stays. I also am wondering about luggage storage options in Helsinki if we do stay just for the day.
When travelling, we spend the majority of our time exploring a place on foot, stopping for informal snacks and meals and visiting museums and galleries.
Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Day 1 - Arrive London 9:00am
Day 2 - London
Day 3 - Fly to St Petersburg
Day 4 - St Petersburg
Day 5 - St Petersburg
Day 6 - St Petersburg
Day 7 - Helsinki between 6:50-8:25am train from St.P and 5:30-7:30pm boat to Tallinn
Day 8 - Tallinn
Day 9 - Tallinn, depart at 6:00pm on the night boat to Stockholm
Day 10 - Stockholm (arrive at 10:00am)
Day 11 - Stockholm
Day 12 - Stockholm
Day 13 - Train to Copenhagen 8:15-13:23 (would flying be better???)
Day 14 - Copenhagen
Day 15 - Copenhagen
Day 16 - Fly out at 2:00pm
Itinerary Help Please! St Petersburg to Copenhagen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 2 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 5 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 8 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 9 Stonehenge and Bath
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 12 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 Five nights in Extremadura
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 25 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"