I am traveling with six people: three adults and my three children ages 9,7 and 5. They are great travelers but I am really uncertain how to arrange the end of my trip as I am unfamiliar with some of the areas we are thinking of putting on itinerary and very unsure what driving the coast of southern France and possibly Italy will be in July.
Beginning of trip and airline tixx are set. Fly in and out of Zurich July 6-22. Day 1,2 Lausanne Sw to visit with relatives. Next Paris from the 9-16 in an apartment.
AFter that we are down to St Tropez (Gassin) for the 16-18 to visit friends.
Then I am stumped. I can connect back to Zurich from either Florence Italy or Nice.
I am considering a drive to Florence spending two nights in Portofino and two nights in Florence. My concern with this itinerary is that it is too much, not relaxing and we won't properly enjoy it. The pro is obviously that these are beautiful areas that I have never been to and always wanted to.
Option 2 is to head back to SW after ST Tropez and explore Switzerland leisurely. I would love to be on a lake and see castles etc so am not sure if this is the best plan. (HAve never been though so could not say).
Option 3 is to spend last three dys in a different part of the South of France. Would like to be somewhere with some history and a combination of architectural and natural beauty,
Must book soon. Open to any ideas and as always uber grateful for all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 2 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 8 Train help for Prague
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Versailles
- 14 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 15 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 19 Where to enjoy Paris
- 20 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 21 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 22 Meteora for older folk
- 23 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 24 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 25 Christmas windows in Paris 2016