I am traveling with six people: three adults and my three children ages 9,7 and 5. They are great travelers but I am really uncertain how to arrange the end of my trip as I am unfamiliar with some of the areas we are thinking of putting on itinerary and very unsure what driving the coast of southern France and possibly Italy will be in July.
Beginning of trip and airline tixx are set. Fly in and out of Zurich July 6-22. Day 1,2 Lausanne Sw to visit with relatives. Next Paris from the 9-16 in an apartment.
AFter that we are down to St Tropez (Gassin) for the 16-18 to visit friends.
Then I am stumped. I can connect back to Zurich from either Florence Italy or Nice.
I am considering a drive to Florence spending two nights in Portofino and two nights in Florence. My concern with this itinerary is that it is too much, not relaxing and we won't properly enjoy it. The pro is obviously that these are beautiful areas that I have never been to and always wanted to.
Option 2 is to head back to SW after ST Tropez and explore Switzerland leisurely. I would love to be on a lake and see castles etc so am not sure if this is the best plan. (HAve never been though so could not say).
Option 3 is to spend last three dys in a different part of the South of France. Would like to be somewhere with some history and a combination of architectural and natural beauty,
Must book soon. Open to any ideas and as always uber grateful for all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 12 Paris to Italy
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Electrical Power Conversion
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Douro Valley in January?
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 19 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 21 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 22 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area