I am traveling with six people: three adults and my three children ages 9,7 and 5. They are great travelers but I am really uncertain how to arrange the end of my trip as I am unfamiliar with some of the areas we are thinking of putting on itinerary and very unsure what driving the coast of southern France and possibly Italy will be in July.
Beginning of trip and airline tixx are set. Fly in and out of Zurich July 6-22. Day 1,2 Lausanne Sw to visit with relatives. Next Paris from the 9-16 in an apartment.
AFter that we are down to St Tropez (Gassin) for the 16-18 to visit friends.
Then I am stumped. I can connect back to Zurich from either Florence Italy or Nice.
I am considering a drive to Florence spending two nights in Portofino and two nights in Florence. My concern with this itinerary is that it is too much, not relaxing and we won't properly enjoy it. The pro is obviously that these are beautiful areas that I have never been to and always wanted to.
Option 2 is to head back to SW after ST Tropez and explore Switzerland leisurely. I would love to be on a lake and see castles etc so am not sure if this is the best plan. (HAve never been though so could not say).
Option 3 is to spend last three dys in a different part of the South of France. Would like to be somewhere with some history and a combination of architectural and natural beauty,
Must book soon. Open to any ideas and as always uber grateful for all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 3 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 3nights in Venice
- 7 London Theater
- 8 multi city flights to europe
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 My final Prague itinerary
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 15 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 21 Private Guide in Lyon
- 22 13 nights in switzerland
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Journees du patrimonie 2017