I am traveling with six people: three adults and my three children ages 9,7 and 5. They are great travelers but I am really uncertain how to arrange the end of my trip as I am unfamiliar with some of the areas we are thinking of putting on itinerary and very unsure what driving the coast of southern France and possibly Italy will be in July.
Beginning of trip and airline tixx are set. Fly in and out of Zurich July 6-22. Day 1,2 Lausanne Sw to visit with relatives. Next Paris from the 9-16 in an apartment.
AFter that we are down to St Tropez (Gassin) for the 16-18 to visit friends.
Then I am stumped. I can connect back to Zurich from either Florence Italy or Nice.
I am considering a drive to Florence spending two nights in Portofino and two nights in Florence. My concern with this itinerary is that it is too much, not relaxing and we won't properly enjoy it. The pro is obviously that these are beautiful areas that I have never been to and always wanted to.
Option 2 is to head back to SW after ST Tropez and explore Switzerland leisurely. I would love to be on a lake and see castles etc so am not sure if this is the best plan. (HAve never been though so could not say).
Option 3 is to spend last three dys in a different part of the South of France. Would like to be somewhere with some history and a combination of architectural and natural beauty,
Must book soon. Open to any ideas and as always uber grateful for all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 SNCF - low price for summer
- 3 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 4 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 5 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 6 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 7 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 10 Parking in Girona
- 11 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 12 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 13 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 14 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 15 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 16 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 17 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 18 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Cinqueterre
- 21 Transportation Question Italy
- 22 Short Trip to Paris
- 23 17 days in England
- 24 Fave National Parks in Spain? also: Barcelona or Madrid?
- 25 Italy Trip Report